Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    +1
    Will do that in the morning. I can tell them that if it's bad. Thank you .

+1
    I did the test you describe, it did not start, bad EMM. Now get this ,last night I talked with customer what was going on & come to find out the the they called him and told him that the original EMM was fried and replace it with this one. I write down all information on paper along with my number if needed to contact me. I thought they needed to have the injectors to match the replacement EMM. Thank you.

+1
    Assuming FICHT EMM Repair was the entity that stated that, I wouldn't be surprised. I've heard the same thing from him and that "...they'll be close enough." In my opinion, that is an awfully expensive gamble to be taking. It can produce a lean condition and melt down pistons. However, it is not hopeless. If the labels on the injectors are intact and not marred, you can utilize a QR code scanner app, for a smart phone, to read the QR codes. Within that code, will be the injector S/N and the four coefficients. It does take a bit of coaxing to get the smart phone to read the QR code, at least it did with an iphone 5.

Once you have successfully read all the injector QR codes, you can update the EMM programming with this software tool developed by ghost installations:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=261958

You'll need to fabricate the diagnostic software cables, also:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=102343

There are threads, here on GH, that discuss reading the QR codes, what apps work, etc if you need more detail. But I'm not going to search them down for you.

This is why you typically see the injectors paired with an EMM that is being offered on ebay.

4. +1 by:

+1
    Thanks martincom,. I will just let him married them. I married clusters and others stuff on some skis which I have the candoo pro. They don't have for Polaris that I know of as now. I have enough to deal with so I'll just let him do the marriage. When I talk wit him I am going to see if he says anything about sending the injectors if not I will mention it. You're right it's a big gamble. I knew the injectors on Polaris should be married and matched.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider40 View Post
    ... I have the candoo pro. They don't have for Polaris that I know of as now...
    CANDooPro did recently add Polaris Ficht support.

I forget everything it can do, there is a thread on here discussing it.

Quote Originally Posted by CANDooPro
    ... What is astounding is a certain well known EMM repair service repaired EMM's, they would wipe out the memory, and even if you sent them the injectors, they never programmed the coefficients into the EMM.

How this was acceptable and they got away with this for years astounds me. I am surprised the skis ran without blowing up when they did this.
    Last edited by K447; 05-16-2018 at 11:50 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider40 View Post
    Thanks martincom,. I will just let him married them. I married clusters and others stuff on some skis which I have the candoo pro. They don't have for Polaris that I know of as now. I have enough to deal with so I'll just let him do the marriage. When I talk wit him I am going to see if he says anything about sending the injectors if not I will mention it. You're right it's a big gamble. I knew the injectors on Polaris should be married and matched.
    If I was in the business, I'd probably do the same. It will consume a fair amount of time just pulling everything together to do that....and the likelihood you'll ever do another is slim. Reading between the lines, it appears as if the owner sent the EMM in for repair, not you. So you have no liability if the engine melts down.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Haha

Close enough?

Good luck with that fairy tale

If it cannot be done then they should be in another line of work

Imagine if you were reloading bullets and your powder scale was ‘ close enough’

(Shaking head ruefully)

downunder123
    +1
    Close enough is unfortunately not good enough..... I was sold the same story from that guy. If you must use the unmatched injectors with EMM make sure you use the highest octane gas you can get and don't go hard on revs. Even matched injectors with EMM from a different type of ski is noticeable, let alone an unmatched set.

+1
    I recommend Lakeside Tech for EMM work. He knows about matching injectors, and will do it as part of an EMM repair if asked, no extra charge

+1
    I let the customers buy the motors also, I have had trouble getting money from a few waited till season almost over. It also puts their names on the warranty list.

Only thing he already paid for this bad EMM the company needs to make it right. I have everything written down to call tomorrow to discuss the issue. If he doesn't marry the injectors then I will have a talk with the customer, that's not going to work well. I will see if he wants to send it to lakeside but I don't think he wants to pay twice. We'll see.

I will check with candoo to see what the Polaris license can or can't do. I have it for Seadoo, Yamaha, Kawasaki & Honda. Truthfully I use it more on Seadoos.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information