Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Mikeska View Post
    I was asked that question also. I use to be an auto mechanic. long time ago. So#1 cyl at TDC both flat marks level with head. I guess just to make absolute sure I can pull off the cover and roll the engine and take a look at my valve action. I have questioned the timing because i am only getting like 30 psi on a compression tester. I figured it was the tester because the other 4tec engine was giving same psi. on this test. Strange right?
    Cylinder # 3 should be set for tdc

Hey everyone,
    I see this is an old post but I too am new to this same issue.
    However I'm not getting any codes, just a random mis-firing at WOT. (its not always there its intermittent)
    This happened a few weeks ago on the Colorado River, I used my MaptunerX to scan for codes none were found but the ecu and MaptunerX didn't want to recognize each other.
    I let the ski power down then reconnected them and it was fine, I re-flashed the ECU (stage 2 tune from Riva) and it ran fine for the rest of the day.
    The next day it again started randomly mis-firing. Once home I pulled the coils and plugs noticed some moisture inside the so figured thats the cause.
    Cleaned them up, added a little dab of grease around the rubber on top of the valve cover to help prevent water from getting in.
    This past weekend same thing random mis-fires. But when its not happening the ski runs normal.
    At this point I'm thinking of upgrading to the 2016 rxpx300 valve cover package.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KE7NEA View Post
    Hey everyone,
    I see this is an old post but I too am new to this same issue.
    However I'm not getting any codes, just a random mis-firing at WOT. (its not always there its intermittent)
    This happened a few weeks ago on the Colorado River, I used my MaptunerX to scan for codes none were found but the ecu and MaptunerX didn't want to recognize each other.
    I let the ski power down then reconnected them and it was fine, I re-flashed the ECU (stage 2 tune from Riva) and it ran fine for the rest of the day.
    The next day it again started randomly mis-firing. Once home I pulled the coils and plugs noticed some moisture inside the so figured thats the cause.
    Cleaned them up, added a little dab of grease around the rubber on top of the valve cover to help prevent water from getting in.
    This past weekend same thing random mis-fires. But when its not happening the ski runs normal.
    At this point I'm thinking of upgrading to the 2016 rxpx300 valve cover package.

Its most likely condensation from the intercooler getting into the intake manifold. Pull the hose off the throttle body, start it up and rev a few times to see if water comes out. Rev till water/condensation stops coming out and re install the hose.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information