+1

Lightbulb What To Do or Can be Done to a 17' STX-15F

So yesterday I took part in a memorial ride/ride meetup here locally in Myrtle Beach. I rode with a lot of Yamaha guys.. anyway Seems that everyone rides Supercharged Skis and not N/A? Anyway I am not quite as intuned with PWC yet and would rather not deal with the headache I've seen and heard a SC or Turbo ski can bring you later in life. I choose the 15F for these reasons. BUT to the point here.. I was told by the guys I rode with yesterday to check out this site. It holds a lot of knowledge and can be helpful. While the 17' 15F is "new" some of it's technology isn't - so my question is what can be done to these skis? Upgrades that improve handling? Power? Fuel economy? I've looked through the sticky's and haven't found much pertaining to my skis. Any advice, redirection to the correct subforum would be awesome.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveBrisk View Post
    So yesterday I took part in a memorial ride/ride meetup here locally in Myrtle Beach. I rode with a lot of Yamaha guys.. anyway Seems that everyone rides Supercharged Skis and not N/A? Anyway I am not quite as intuned with PWC yet and would rather not deal with the headache I've seen and heard a SC or Turbo ski can bring you later in life. I choose the 15F for these reasons. BUT to the point here.. I was told by the guys I rode with yesterday to check out this site. It holds a lot of knowledge and can be helpful. While the 17' 15F is "new" some of it's technology isn't - so my question is what can be done to these skis? Upgrades that improve handling? Power? Fuel economy? I've looked through the sticky's and haven't found much pertaining to my skis. Any advice, redirection to the correct subforum would be awesome.
    Some SMALL gains can be made....
    But believe it or not the ski as it is is the reason why Kawi hasnt changed it..... it just works and lasts....
    If you want to keep up with superchargerd ski... u have to buy 1
    So unless you want to hurt your wallet to achieve big gains either leave it or sell it

Having owned 310 and 2016 15fs

Waz

3. +1 by:

+1
    Oh totally understandable. I am happy with my performance and they go plenty fast enough. I guess what I was curious about - is there things that can be changed. As you said small gains.. one of the gentleman I rode with had said he has a 2012 which is the same as a 17 and he had it running 72mph which is only a 5mph gain. Surely that was done by minimal changes.. I am going off modify a Civic engine which has similar aspects with being a inline 4 cylinder engine. In the PWC work, this is different?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    Some SMALL gains can be made....
    But believe it or not the ski as it is is the reason why Kawi hasnt changed it..... it just works and lasts....
    If you want to keep up with superchargerd ski... u have to buy 1
    So unless you want to hurt your wallet to achieve big gains either leave it or sell it

Having owned 310 and 2016 15fs

Waz
    Also upon looking at the store here for upgrades. The billet allumium exhaust upgrade. This won't change anything other than looks. The exhaust is pointed down this is a open hole. No damages can be done by swapping them out?

+1
    The only mod left for this ski is an aftermarket flame arrestor, it's well worth the money, ride plates are no longer made & if you find one you will have to modify it to fit the speedo pickup. And no a 15F isn't going to go 72 no matter what you do to it, that guy might have been looking at the speedometer which is not very accurate. Its possible there may be some engine mods available in the future, the SXR standup uses the same engine.

+1

You can run fast with a stx 15f ... but lot of mods are need ....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6FA6B347-FE53-41E3-B925-FE4312DAFA91.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	433927  

8. +1 by:

Thread Information