Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ybnvs2 View Post
    R&D exists bcuz yami and SD continue to make junk .. besides yami and SD only make pond and lake skimmers today .. if u wanna ocean ski ur forced to go kawasaki or buy a pond skimmer and forced to swim
    New Yamahas and Doos touch 80 with just a flash, mid 70 with a $200 speed bypass, no R&D parts involved.

What exactly is junk about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane1000 View Post
    I had a 3:10 Ultra with R&D 18-pound pulley kit and reflashed ECU it was never ending battle to get this key tuned correctly and I had to keep buying parts from R&D I called them Boomerang effect watercraft shop!
    did u ever get it tuned correctly

+1
    Wow. I had no idea R&D had problems that bad. Is there any other kit you guys would recommend? I’d like to get around the 75mph mark but my main goal is upping the boost to get increased acceleration and the best hole shot possible. I heard the stage 3 kit had unreal acceleration and hookup and I know you sacrifice some reliability with any aftermarket performance parts and I’m okay with that, just not trying to have major problems and it sounds like R&D is a no go. Are there any other companies that offer similar results to what I’m looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmith7 View Post
    Wow. I had no idea R&D had problems that bad. Is there any other kit you guys would recommend? Iíd like to get around the 75mph mark but my main goal is upping the boost to get increased acceleration and the best hole shot possible. I heard the stage 3 kit had unreal acceleration and hookup and I know you sacrifice some reliability with any aftermarket performance parts and Iím okay with that, just not trying to have major problems and it sounds like R&D is a no go. Are there any other companies that offer similar results to what Iím looking for?
    I ended up with the R&D R3 tune, engine I/C cooling kit, ride plate, cavitation cone seal kit, stock prop, rrfp turning 8020+ at 73.96 mph in 1' of chop and 75.15 mph on smooth water the R&D R3 tune has a little better hole shot that stock and I had to raise my fuel pressure to 62 psi. this set up seams too work ok. I didn't have no luck with the R&D stage 2 16lb pulley kit so I gave up on it all glen want to do was sell me more parts with out a grantee it would fix my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ybnvs2 View Post
    R&D exists bcuz yami and SD continue to make junk .. besides yami and SD only make pond and lake skimmers today .. if u wanna ocean ski ur forced to go kawasaki or buy a pond skimmer and forced to swim
    Please apply that very SAME logic to any vehicle with an engine that has aftermarket companies making performance parts or replacement oem parts for it.

+1
    Good 310 upgrade is for me
    -good pistons
    -bigger catchcan
    -reinforced coolant hose
    -scom
    -105 pully
    -62psi fuel pressure

this is simple and "reliable" ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information