Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1997 Wave venture 1100 carb help

I bought my Ski for $1300 with only a few hours on it. It was in great condition as well. I was able to ride it around for a while and it would fly. Then one day, I took it out on the water and I couldn’t get it to turn over and run. Since my lack of knowledge on engines and stuff, I called my brother and we tried putting some ignition fluid around the spark plugs and it still wouldn’t start. We replaced the spark plugs and they all work but it was as if it wasn’t getting any fuel. So we checked the fuel lines and noticed that they were really malleable. Also I called a guy that worked on Yamaha Jet Ski’s and he said that my carburetor was clogged. So I know that I need to clean my carbs and replace the fuel line. Any other suggestions on things I may want to look at or check out. Also what fuel line should I get? Is there a reason to get marine over automotive fuel line? Lastly, when will I know if I have to do a carb rebuild, if I have to do one?

+1
    Squirt a little bit of carb cleaner in each plug hole. Re-install plugs and it should fire right off. If not, then you have a spark issue. Look for red wire on front electrical box and pull it out. There is a 10A glass fuse. If it blows you will get no spark.

Sparks are good but I need a fuel line

Quote Originally Posted by Myself View Post
    Squirt a little bit of carb cleaner in each plug hole. Re-install plugs and it should fire right off. If not, then you have a spark issue. Look for red wire on front electrical box and pull it out. There is a 10A glass fuse. If it blows you will get no spark.
    Well, I know my spark plugs work because we have tested it and they seem to work just fine. But I still need to know what kind of fuel line to get.

+1
    I rarely ever replace any Yamaha fuel line. It is very high quality. If you think it needs replaced then 1/4" fuel injection hose from the auto parts store is fine.

Well, I wanted to get new fuel line because the fuel line was very malleable after using gas with ethanol.

+1
    stock Yamaha lines r best!!!!

Should I go with newer stock lines because I’m pretty sure because of the Jetski being “before-ethanol”, the fuel lines couldn’t withstand it. Where can I get stock lines that would fit and would withstand the ethanol?

Not to hijack this But I get two or three 1995-99 Yamaha 1200s or even the occasional 701 or even 650 and the occasional 2004 GP 1300r that still have original Yamaha fuel line in them,They are much more apt to have an oil line problem.Actually had a pair of WR650 in last month.One still had original fuel line. Now that grey high dollar sea-doo fuel line JUNK!!! You have to worry more about fuel line getting hard with ethanol than soft!!! Yamaha makes one of the best non fuel injected fuel line I have ever seen and I'm 60 and been working on PWC since they were called Jetski and a seat on one could only be found on a Wet bike with a Suzuki motor!!!! All carbed fuel line is either 1/4" id or 5/16" id Yamaha depending on line and engine (they are also tagged as metric size )

Where can I get OEM Yamaha Fuel Line for my Ski?

Quote Originally Posted by Thatpkmtrainer View Post
    Where can I get OEM Yamaha Fuel Line for my Ski?
    Check with Altezza01 here. Great service. He just shipped me a reverse kit for my 2010 Yamaha VX Sport. One PM to him and had a price and a phone number to call him with a CC No. 5 min telephone call and it is on the way.

Was on the phone for 30 minutes with my local Yamaha dealer and they could not even find the part number. I had to give it to them and then he could not find a price on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information