Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    You can build formulas between fields in MLV as well. Doubt he'll have the target AFR coming off the vtech log though.
    Yeah, itís kind of hard without having a set target AFR. I can just do it manually though. What do you guys like to idle your skis at? I had mine idling at 14.5 when it was stock and I was getting weird overtemp codes. Iím going to see if I can get this st3 cam to idle around 14.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snyper View Post
    Yeah, itís kind of hard without having a set target AFR. I can just do it manually though. What do you guys like to idle your skis at? I had mine idling at 14.5 when it was stock and I was getting weird overtemp codes. Iím going to see if I can get this st3 cam to idle around 14.
    My ski likes to idle around 13.5ish. Any leaner and rpms wobble in and out of richer cells. My last 300 was the same way also.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mibunkerking View Post
    My ski likes to idle around 13.5ish. Any leaner and rpms wobble in and out of richer cells. My last 300 was the same way also.
    Sounds about right. Itís been a while since I had to play with my idle fueling.

+1
    Sounds about right. It’s been a while since I had to play with my idle fueling.
    Don't listen to him, I tune his ski. High 12s at 17XX RPM. Your ski will let you know where it's happy. It's a little back and forth between fueling and throttle opening percentage...at least on the motec.

+1
    Don't listen to him, I tune his ski. High 12s at 17XX RPM. Your ski will let you know where it's happy. It's a little back and forth between fueling and throttle opening percentage...at least on the motec.
    like I said, itís been a while since I had to tune the idle. I remember pissing my ski off when I tried to bring it closer to 14s. I havenít had much time to mess with it yet, but it seems to surge a bit at idle unless Iím really rich. I have to mess with it a little more this weekend to get it set though.

+1

Who wants datalogging for their MaptunerX?

Can someone send me a test log with their Maptuner X? I want to see if I made this right. I have RPM vs Map vs AFR and made the tables match the map tuner tables. I have the pressure side set to KPA instead of HPA but will read the same. I just took a 0 off the end of the number.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0799.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	107.0 KB 
ID:	446332

+1
    Can someone send me a test log with their Maptuner X? I want to see if I made this right. I have RPM vs Map vs AFR and made the tables match the map tuner tables. I have the pressure side set to KPA instead of HPA but will read the same. I just took a 0 off the end of the number.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0799.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	107.0 KB 
ID:	446332
    doesnt the VTech maps scale with Pressure on top and RPM on side axis?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Davrac View Post
    doesnt the VTech maps scale with Pressure on top and RPM on side axis?
    I think that is load on the left but I don't understand how that relates to boost.

A vtech log will give you manifold pressure...he'll need to change the vertical access to reflect said scale.

+1

Who wants datalogging for their MaptunerX?

I think that is load on the left but I don't understand how that relates to boost.

A vtech log will give you manifold pressure...he'll need to change the vertical access to reflect said scale.
    It is boost. Itís KPA. 100-105kpa is 0psi. Anything below is vacuum and anything above is boost. It matches the Maptuner scale exactly except I removed a zero. Iím reading Kph instead of hpa that the maptuner reads in(they are the exact same value... 100kpa=1000hpa) 1750hpa is only around 10.8psi. The ECU doesnít read past that boost level. Anything past 10.8lb of boost and 8500 rpms is all a guess and a hope. Since supercharger boost is linear, you will max out the boost before 8500 so you can pretty much ďestimateĒ up to 8500. After that, it just reads off the very last table and you have to add enough to it so you donít run out of fuel by your max boost/rpm....in my case 9200/23.

+1
    It is boost. It’s KPA. 100-105kpa is 0psi. Anything below is vacuum and anything above is boost. It matches the Maptuner scale exactly except I removed a zero. I’m reading Kph instead of hpa that the maptuner reads in(they are the exact same value... 100kpa=1000hpa) 1750hpa is only around 10.8psi. The ECU doesn’t read past that boost level. Anything past 10.8lb of boost and 8500 rpms is all a guess and a hope. Since supercharger boost is linear, you will max out the boost before 8500 so you can pretty much “estimate” up to 8500. After that, it just reads off the very last table and you have to add enough to it so you don’t run out of fuel by your max boost/rpm....in my case 9200/23.
    So what your plotting is what I think is called (relative load %) I don't really understand how that relates to actual boost(positive pressure). I have several higher RPM vtech maps and they all show relative load only going to 170. Is that only positive pressure 0-170kpa? course that doesn't make sense either. The stock sensor is good for (150kpa) 21.76 PSI positive pressure. I haven't really been able to get answer on how the vtech maps work. I've seen various logging files and it will definitely output over 18psi in the log...but I would have no idea how to adjust the map to fix any issues.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information