+1

2013 242 limited s what Solas pitch

Hey guys Iíve never done 1.8 impellers before and Iím a little confused a lot of the stuff showing use two different impellers on the same boat 13/22 and 13/19 which does not seem right to me can somebody set me straight 😂

+1
    I have 2 -13/19 on order just need to make sure Thats what I need

Quote Originally Posted by IBADTON View Post
    I have 2 -13/19 on order just need to make sure Thats what I need
    Sorry for the delayed response. I'm a long time Waverunner owner, and just picked up a 242LS and started checking out this thread.

That is correct that the two motors run a different pitch impeller from the factory on our vintage boats. The newer twins with keeled hulls, (2015+) are pitched the same.

One of the guys on Jetboaters.net explained it in laymans terms. And I quote, "The theory I follow as to why an impeller is pitched differently than the other is that Yamaha varied the pitch so that at cruising / wot the boat would track straight. If the impellers have the same pitch and spin in the same direction the torque they produce is the same, they donít counter each other. Moreover as the hull is Víd so are the intakes and one side of the hull is more efficient at taking in-water than the other. Varying the pitch between impellers is a way to counter theses forces so that at diffferemt points In the throttlesí throw the engine rpms will be the same and the pumps will be pushing the same number of gallons per minute thereby making the boat track more efficiently. The newer Yamaha jet Boats with keels track better than previous models without keels so they come with impellers that having matching pitches"

I hope that helps. By now, you probably have your two new impellers installed and they probably work just fine.

Good luck!

Thread Information