Chattanooga/Watts Bar area

Any interest out there to plan a hella cool group ride/play day in this area?

Not sure how many ppl there are in this forum from that region.

Plenty of great places to ride on the TN and Hiwassee Rivers in that area between Chickamauga and Watts Bar Dam.

Walter

+1
    I have a group of about 10 or so we ride weekly (Out of Ditto landing) but we are down right below Guntersville damn on the TN. But we could be talked into meeting in Gunteville, or Tims ford lake for something different?

our crew is all boaters by weekend, but we all take a day after work and meet up to ride and have a drink. sometimes ride the creeks off the main too.

I'll look ya up when I get back from Camp Butner in a couple weeks, be fun to head down and ride in your neck of the woods, definitely up for some creek riding.

Cleveland, TN (Hiwassee & Tennessee Rivers area)
    This thread is a little aged now, but just wanted to introduce myself. I just bought my first ski this summer (6/2018 ) and logged about 45 hours on it so far. Still planning a chilly color cruise with the girlfriend and camera before putting it up for the winter. I bought a 2018 Yamaha WaveRunner VX Deluxe and love it. I live near B&B Marina on the Hiwassee and spent the summer going up and down that river and some of the TN. We rode up to Cottonport Marina/Campground and down to Chickamauga dam. We also put in below the dam and rode about halfway to Nickajack. We've found decent places to eat and drink all along the way. We really wanna join up with some friends next summer and do more of that.

+1
    You are welcome to join us..my wife and I have been riding out of BB marina on our waverunners for years.
    We once left out and rode to Knoxville on our Waverunners,locking thru 2 dams and arrived at Volunteer landing marina in Knoxville and spent the night at the Marriot hotel and rode back the next day..
    We once rode 600 miles and completed every mile of the Tennessee river down into Alabama and to wear it ends into the Ohio river..

People don't realize you can leave that little river marina and go all the way to the ocean.

The Hiawassee river into the Tennessee river into the Ohio river into the Mississippi river to the gulf of Mexico..

I've been offline abit on deployments. I'm at B and B all the time. I live on the TN River at 492 mile marker, about 8 miles down river from where Hiwassee dumps into the TN River. We ride year round and ride up thru there all the time.

Other week we rode the Hiwassee all the way up 411 bridge during the flood waters. Rodgers creek is great for creek riding if you like that kinda stuff during elevated water levels.

We should definitely put together a group ride sometime in the spring. I don't travel again until first week of June.

Glad to know there are other avid jet skiers in this area.

Walter

+1
    Had a nice ride Saturday along the Tennessee river
    Put in our Yamahas at Chickamauga dam off of 153 and rode upriver (30 miles) to Hiawassee inlet and up the Hiawassee river to B&B marina(12miles) for a short break and a cup coffee..

Return trip stopped at Pine harbor marina and had a nice waterside lunch..

Spent about 5hrs on the water and put about 100miles roundtrip on skis..
    Had a great day on the water and skis ran great..

My Report:
    Still a lot of trash/logs/debri floating out in the river as there is every spring when they raise the water levels up

Air temps were mid @ 70sDeg
    Water temps still low.. @ 60Deg

Spotted 5 other jetskis playing in a cove..None out on the main lake but us

Thread Information