Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1

    Anyone run a STOCK 18 TX/PX vs a STOCK GP1800?

    Everyone always seems to race their modded skis vs a stock ski and brag about how much faster they are.

    I’m curious to see stock vs stock.. I couldn’t find any videos, but I feel like majority of people are saying the TX blows it away lol

    Anyone have personal experience?


  2. #2
    I raced a completely stock 18 rxtx300 vs my stock gp1800 and they were very good runs. It just mattered who got out of the whole better.

  3. #3
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    41,187
    +1
    1,986
    Quote Originally Posted by dfos88 View Post
    ...

    I’m curious to see stock vs stock...
    Well, since they both have factory electronic speed limiters set to essentially the same Coast Guard allowed maximum speed, they would run at about the same top speed.

    Now, if you were to remove the speed limiter(s), then they would go faster. But would no longer be entirely ‘stock’.

    ’Stock’ is just not that useful or ‘fair’ way to compare these supercharged machines. They all are mechanically capable of running (much) faster than the USCG allowed speed. So the factory has to install a limiting system to rein in the sustained top speed.

  4. +1 by:


  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Well, since they both have factory electronic speed limiters set to essentially the same Coast Guard allowed maximum speed, they would run at about the same top speed.

    Now, if you were to remove the speed limiter(s), then they would go faster. But would no longer be entirely ‘stock’.

    ’Stock’ is just not that useful or ‘fair’ way to compare these supercharged machines. They all are mechanically capable of running (much) faster than the USCG allowed speed. So the factory has to install a limiting system to rein in the sustained top speed.
    I meant for for acceleration...

  6. #5
    outnumbered's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Locust NC
    Posts
    918
    +1
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by Boostedgp View Post
    I raced a completely stock 18 rxtx300 vs my stock gp1800 and they were very good runs. It just mattered who got out of the whole better.
    So there were times where you were able to get a better hole shot?

  7. #6
    I wish mfrs would push the uscg on this crap and comply with whatever- all i see them needing is lights and a horn which both of those i would like to have anyway since i ride till dark. I think this agreement was created when pwcs were crude.

    That would b big sales for Yamaha- the uscg unlimited model lol

  8. +1 by:


  9. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Gulfport Ms
    Posts
    522
    +1
    119
    I see where some people ride after dark with running lights but i tell you i avoid enough crap floating in the water that i just catch in time that noway i would ride here at night , crab traps right in middle of the channel which they arent supposed to be and black garbage bags everything else you can imagine that floats out of commercial docks even 15 ft. timbers . Thats why i mainly ride out front where its rough but safer, and the water is a lot prettier.

  10. #8

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jax,FL
    Posts
    4,605
    +1
    940
    Quote Originally Posted by outnumbered View Post
    So there were times where you were able to get a better hole shot?
    18 RXTX 300 has launch control, you can get a perfect hole shot every time with virtually zero effort. It's so easy, it's kind of boring.

  11. #9
    wheresmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    620
    +1
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by seabrook View Post
    I wish mfrs would push the uscg on this crap and comply with whatever- all i see them needing is lights and a horn which both of those i would like to have anyway since i ride till dark. I think this agreement was created when pwcs were crude.

    That would b big sales for Yamaha- the uscg unlimited model lol
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	431743
    Got it

  12. #10
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    41,187
    +1
    1,986
    Quote Originally Posted by seabrook View Post
    ... comply with whatever- all i see them needing is lights and a horn ...
    Powered hull ventilation?

    Fuel system compliance.

    Electrical compliance.

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F1B-U41E1-21-00.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	431749  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone run a stock GP1800 with stock TX 300?
    By dfos88 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-15-2018, 01:07 PM
  2. Stock TX/PX Faster than Tuned GP1800?
    By dfos88 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-23-2018, 03:00 PM
  3. Is anyone running the 142 wheel on a 300 TX/PX
    By Phishphan1995 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-28-2016, 06:04 AM
  4. Anyone running tial BOV on stock boost?
    By r33pwrd in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-23-2013, 03:45 PM
  5. Anyone running 82 mph on stock ECU?
    By rxpredviper in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-17-2009, 07:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •