Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yes there were some times I came out faster. I've raced a few sea doos and none of them came out as hard like the new rxtx300. But mod for mod I'm sure the gp1800 will come out on top

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Powered hull ventilation?

Fuel system compliance.

Electrical compliance.

I have a Yamaha boat- no different electrical. Hull vents i would leave on on hot days lol.

This would have been a big deal in 1999 when it was created.

It is also not a binding agreement between pwc mfrs and uscg and personally i hate it, itís just another safety nanny in our now safety nanny society.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Boostedgp View Post
    Yes there were some times I came out faster. I've raced a few sea doos and none of them came out as hard like the new rxtx300. But mod for mod I'm sure the gp1800 will come out on top
    To Clarify he raced a GTX300 Limited and not an RXT300

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stifun View Post
    To Clarify he raced a GTX300 Limited and not an RXT300
    practically the same thing. just no launch control. when i race my brother on his GTX300 vs my RXTX300. at best i may get about half a ski length on him with launch control vs without. (im not counting the bad launches at which ether one of us start off just jumping and cant get hooked up) once on plain, we are the same all the way to limiter. the only time he is almost the same at the start against my LC, is when he starts trimmed down all the way. then we launch the same but ill start to pull a little when mine trims up automatically.

with a few runs back to back to back. he has figured out how to almost replicate the launch control. this is how he does it.
    he would start at the lowest setting. once the flag drops, he would punch the throttle all while having his thumb resting on the up trim button.
    the second he is on plain, maybe even a second before. he would just quickly double tap the trim up. (would triple tab to avoid miss activation)
    not sure how it works on a Yamaha, but on a Seadoo. when you quickly double tap the up or down on the trim buttons. it voids the single placement actions. and goes all the way up or all the way down. kinda like on most car window. you have that auto feature. rather then holding to get it to shut. you just pull it to the auto position and let go. window rolls up all the way. on the new Gen 3 IBR. the trim works rather quickly. thus giving it a really good and effortless launch. any how. if my brother does not screw up on his timing, he can replicate launch control on his GTX. only down side. is he can go from any start level he wants only to all the way up. as for my RXTX it will let me preset what level ibr will return to. so i set it 1 bar from top or middle or anyplace. then hit launch control, nozzle goes down. after i hit a certain speed, it goes up to my desired level. so i still have the upper hand on launch depending on conditions.

5. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WakePirate View Post
    with a few runs back to back to back. he has figured out how to almost replicate the launch control. this is how he does it.
    he would start at the lowest setting. once the flag drops, he would punch the throttle all while having his thumb resting on the up trim button.
    the second he is on plain, maybe even a second before. he would just quickly double tap the trim up. (would triple tab to avoid miss activation)
    not sure how it works on a Yamaha, but on a Seadoo. when you quickly double tap the up or down on the trim buttons. it voids the single placement actions. and goes all the way up or all the way down. kinda like on most car window. you have that auto feature. rather then holding to get it to shut. you just pull it to the auto position and let go. window rolls up all the way. on the new Gen 3 IBR. the trim works rather quickly. thus giving it a really good and effortless launch. any how. if my brother does not screw up on his timing, he can replicate launch control on his GTX. only down side. is he can go from any start level he wants only to all the way up. as for my RXTX it will let me preset what level ibr will return to. so i set it 1 bar from top or middle or anyplace. then hit launch control, nozzle goes down. after i hit a certain speed, it goes up to my desired level. so i still have the upper hand on launch depending on conditions.
    Aren't you referring to the trim preset? Quick double press jumps to a preset you can setup not all the way up or down. That's how it works on my older ski, perhaps they changed it in newer models but it would be weird if they removed the custom trim presets.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    Aren't you referring to the trim preset? Quick double press jumps to a preset you can setup not all the way up or down. That's how it works on my older ski, perhaps they changed it in newer models but it would be weird if they removed the custom trim presets.
    i think its gone. because when i double tap up or down, it just goes to the full bottom or full top. unless i have not figured out how to preset.

Seadoo is top on all the functions and information they offer on a ski!

Have the new seadoos been reliable in the 200 hr plus range (just asking bc idk)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information