Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i wanted the primer to look like it was OEM. i spent a lot of time searching forums to get ideas of where most people installed them. while i had the ski torn apart i pulled the switch and noticed the pump style primer would fit. found some stainless washer that would fill the gap and mocked it up. looked like it was OEM to me. grabbed the hole saw and relocated the switch. wasn't sure which primer to use. every one seemed to have a different opinion on the bulb / pump style. one thing every one agreed on was that ski needed one! i was pleased with the way the entire system turned out. if you didn't know any better you would think it was OEM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jimjake View Post
    Well not sure how but.. went to fire the ski up this morning with my spare oil level sensor hanging outside the tank and as soon as i turned on the ignition the low oil light was flashing. funny thing is really didn't do anything since last weekend.
    That's pretty normal. Like I said, mine doesn't always do the 'self test' either. I went out last night and cycled the key a couple of times and the lights never came on. If you fill the oil up before each ride, the only time you will need the oil light is if one of your lines breaks and it drains the reservoir (been there, done that).

i replaced all the lines. what is the reliability of the pump? do you still use the injection or go premix? have an ultra 130 that displays the hrs. from what i have researched the zxi does not have any type of hr meter. i dont have an issue with the injection. just curious if the pump should be replaced at a time or hr interval.

+1
    Sorry, I should have mentioned replacing the oil pump drive coupling bearings earlier.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=258295

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jimjake View Post
    i replaced all the lines. what is the reliability of the pump? do you still use the injection or go premix? have an ultra 130 that displays the hrs. from what i have researched the zxi does not have any type of hr meter. i dont have an issue with the injection. just curious if the pump should be replaced at a time or hr interval.
    The pumps are very reliable. Yes, I am still on oil injections on both 'skis. No, the ZXI doesn't have an hour meter.

I really like that primer manifold setup. Where did you tap into things for a fuel supply?

installed a T fitting on the fuel return line. relocated the return line lower in the engine bay to have a pocket of fuel that's always available for the primer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information