Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45
  1. #1
    SuperCharged67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Posts
    2,042
    +1
    80

    X Charger - Couple questions before installing

    Hey guys,

    So I pulled my old supercharger today as it was way over-due for a rebuild (Still had original ceramics ). Anyways, I have a X charger to replace it with.

    So I have ordered 42# Injectors in the mail. This week I plan to make my own 4" air intake, and order a 14/19 impeller.

    If I want to go for a quick run in the next week or two, can I run my X Charger with stock injectors, and impeller? Or am I best to just wait for my other stuff to come in?

    Do I need to run a Catch-Can if I remove the stock intake for the 4" kanaflex?

    Thank you in advance!


  2. #2
    Hurricane1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Gulf of Mexico
    Posts
    1,157
    +1
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCharged67 View Post
    Hey guys,

    So I pulled my old supercharger today as it was way over-due for a rebuild (Still had original ceramics ). Anyways, I have a X charger to replace it with.

    So I have ordered 42# Injectors in the mail. This week I plan to make my own 4" air intake, and order a 14/19 impeller.

    If I want to go for a quick run in the next week or two, can I run my X Charger with stock injectors, and impeller? Or am I best to just wait for my other stuff to come in?

    Do I need to run a Catch-Can if I remove the stock intake for the 4" kanaflex?

    Thank you in advance!
    Do not run the X charger without the green without the 42 pound injectors severe engine damage can occur and probably will.

    If you're going to put some Kana-Flex in you could install a fitting Kana flex hose with some epoxy and run the breather hose straight to that fitting like OEM.

    You might have to have your RPM limiter raised by somebody I recommend Deans Team he can raise the RPM limiter to whatever level you want.....

    Hope this helps..

    Dave

  3. #3
    SuperCharged67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Posts
    2,042
    +1
    80
    That does help, I'll wait for my 42# injectors to come in. I might just order a catch can instead of the epoxy thing, would probably end up working better.

    Why should I up my limiter? Just looking for a basic X Charger/42#/4" air set up

  4. #4
    boost junkie skidoochris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Davison, Mi
    Posts
    4,670
    +1
    512
    low rpm you will be fine
    but low rpm wont tell you anything
    at full boost your motor will be dangerously lean with out more fuel
    more rpm = more boost = more fun


  5. #5
    SuperCharged67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Posts
    2,042
    +1
    80

    X Charger - Couple questions before installing

    Quote Originally Posted by skidoochris View Post
    low rpm you will be fine
    but low rpm wont tell you anything
    at full boost your motor will be dangerously lean with out more fuel
    more rpm = more boost = more fun
    Okay. Iíll just install the X charger and 42# injectors at the same time then.

  6. #6
    SuperCharged67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Posts
    2,042
    +1
    80
    Also curious if this set up would be okay?

    X Charger + 42# Injectors, stock impeller and intake.

    They will be coming in about 2 weeks after I install the charger and injectors.

  7. #7
    Hurricane1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Gulf of Mexico
    Posts
    1,157
    +1
    122
    To get the best performance for your ski, your impeller and supercharger will raise rpm
    requiring a change in the rev limiter.....you could just purchase a SCOM from Riva or another source and be good.

  8. #8
    GOT BOOST? Dockside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,137
    +1
    182
    You don't need to raise the rpm limit. You could if you wanted to but it's not need for what your doing. You also don't need a scom plus they don't even make it for your ski.

  9. #9
    SuperCharged67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Posts
    2,042
    +1
    80
    Yeah this is just a rec ski. The main reason I did this is because my 215 Charger was due for a rebuilt, so I figure I would give it a slight bump in power.

  10. #10
    GOT BOOST? Dockside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,137
    +1
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCharged67 View Post
    Yeah this is just a rec ski. The main reason I did this is because my 215 Charger was due for a rebuilt, so I figure I would give it a slight bump in power.
    There lots of info about the setup you're going with. The search button is you friend. I'm guessing you have though lol

  11. +1 by:


Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Couple questions about the RXT-X 260 before I buy.
    By ajrunke in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-29-2017, 06:41 AM
  2. P-X Stage one parts installed- couple questions
    By pdxrealtor in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-25-2009, 06:41 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 10:33 PM
  4. Nitroshark, couple questions?
    By Vern in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-18-2006, 11:43 PM
  5. Jerry, Brendan, couple questions
    By Vern in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 12-29-2005, 05:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •