Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 45
  1. #31
    GOT BOOST? Dockside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,137
    +1
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCharged67 View Post
    Thought about possibly doing a grate at some point. On the choppy days the thing is a pain to keep hooked.
    Once you do you'll wonder why you waited so long. The factory 215 grate is just to bar and does nothing to keep the ski hooked up.

  2. #32
    HOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    4,823
    +1
    50
    Ditch the OPAS, even if you only get the basic block offs. Same setup on a 05 that you plan on with a RIVA grate and stainless wear ring. A ture stainless wear ring from this store. And do yourself a favor and grab a strainer at the same time. While your removing OPAS I`d highly recommend doing thru hull exhaust from the store and shorten the hell out of the waterbox. No more drone! Thru hull on these skis is a mutha roo but you`ll already be shoulder deep in the ace end of it. Is all this necessary? Yes, parts are becoming harder to get new for these older models and your original equip is getting old and brittle.

  3. #33
    SuperCharged67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Posts
    2,042
    +1
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
    Once you do you'll wonder why you waited so long. The factory 215 grate is just to bar and does nothing to keep the ski hooked up.
    Iíll add it along with my order because I hate the stock grate for that reason

  4. #34
    SuperCharged67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Posts
    2,042
    +1
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by HOSS View Post
    Ditch the OPAS, even if you only get the basic block offs. Same setup on a 05 that you plan on with a RIVA grate and stainless wear ring. A ture stainless wear ring from this store. And do yourself a favor and grab a strainer at the same time. While your removing OPAS I`d highly recommend doing thru hull exhaust from the store and shorten the hell out of the waterbox. No more drone! Thru hull on these skis is a mutha roo but you`ll already be shoulder deep in the ace end of it. Is all this necessary? Yes, parts are becoming harder to get new for these older models and your original equip is getting old and brittle.
    Iím not sure I can do any exhaust mods with my X charger without adding a RRFPR I would have to check on it. I thought about doing a free flow exhaust if I donít need a RRFPR

  5. #35
    GOT BOOST? Dockside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,137
    +1
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCharged67 View Post
    I’m not sure I can do any exhaust mods with my X charger without adding a RRFPR I would have to check on it. I thought about doing a free flow exhaust if I don’t need a RRFPR
    You don't need an rrfpr if you do exhaust. Free flow does have a drone at low rpms and if you go with the thru hull you'll need to definitely remove the opas.

  6. #36
    SuperCharged67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Posts
    2,042
    +1
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
    You don't need an rrfpr if you do exhaust. Free flow does have a drone at low rpms and if you go with the thru hull you'll need to definitely remove the opas.
    Iíll have to do some research. Might do thru hull if it doesnít drone because I could see that getting annoying really quickly

  7. #37
    krouchchocolate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,269
    +1
    57
    Sent u pm. I have a few parts for a older model ski if u are interested.


  8. #38
    SuperCharged67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Posts
    2,042
    +1
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by krouchchocolate View Post
    Sent u pm. I have a few parts for a older model ski if u are interested.
    Didn't get it yet, but always game for buying some parts

  9. #39
    connorrxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    ontario/Michigan
    Posts
    1,039
    +1
    166
    The stock waterbox with a thru hull sounds awsome, mean throaty idle and it won't make your ears ring after riding it. I've run a tdr box and it was dumb loud, and I've run a gutted box and was almost as loud as that but I actually prefer the note that comes out of a stock box. You can run a free flow/resonator delete for a season, 2.75" diameter L bend will get you there and you can get it from Canadian tire or any exhaust shop for next to nothing. Unless you straight pipe the living shit out of it will do next to nothing for performance but sounds good. We have the riva grate on the 07 rxp and it's very good, I run a worx on my 14 and it's the absolute best for rough stuff.

  10. #40
    SuperCharged67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Posts
    2,042
    +1
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by connorrxp View Post
    The stock waterbox with a thru hull sounds awsome, mean throaty idle and it won't make your ears ring after riding it. I've run a tdr box and it was dumb loud, and I've run a gutted box and was almost as loud as that but I actually prefer the note that comes out of a stock box. You can run a free flow/resonator delete for a season, 2.75" diameter L bend will get you there and you can get it from Canadian tire or any exhaust shop for next to nothing. Unless you straight pipe the living shit out of it will do next to nothing for performance but sounds good. We have the riva grate on the 07 rxp and it's very good, I run a worx on my 14 and it's the absolute best for rough stuff.
    I guess I should at least do the DIY freeflow and clean up the rear end at least. The grate I'm between R&D and Riva.. Might just go with whatever one I can get a deal on. I'm sure I'll thank myself when I'm not coming un-hooked in the slightest chop.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Couple questions about the RXT-X 260 before I buy.
    By ajrunke in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-29-2017, 06:41 AM
  2. P-X Stage one parts installed- couple questions
    By pdxrealtor in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-25-2009, 06:41 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 10:33 PM
  4. Nitroshark, couple questions?
    By Vern in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-18-2006, 11:43 PM
  5. Jerry, Brendan, couple questions
    By Vern in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 12-29-2005, 05:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •