Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    +1

2018 RXT-300 vs Yamaha GP1800 and FX SVHO

I am getting a little confused as to the results people have seen. To maybe, clear this up:

Has anybody that owns a 2018 RXT-X300 run a bone stock 2018 GP1800 and can report the results?

In contrast, has anybody that owns a 2018 RXT-X300 run a bone stock FX SVHO and can report the results?

Has anyone with a stage II 2018 RXT-X300 run a stage II GP1800 and can report the results?

Has anyone with a stage II 2018 RXT-X300 run a stage II FX SVHO and can report the results?

Thank you

+1
    Stage kits are not equivalent between brands, it's just a random decision Riva makes on what makes up the stage kits for each ski.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    Stage kits are not equivalent between brands, it's just a random decision Riva makes on what makes up the stage kits for each ski.
    exactly. stage 2 for seadoo is like stage 1+ for GP1800 Parts wise!
    and stage 3 Seadoo is like stage 2 GP1800 Parts wise!

and no to answer your question. at least for me, i have not had a chance to ride with any Yamaha's other then 2014 VXR. no one but our group seem crazy enough to go out and ride skis in my area. closer to summer i should see one i hope.

i too would love to hear results of this!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WakePirate View Post
    exactly. stage 2 for seadoo is like stage 1+ for GP1800 Parts wise!
    and stage 3 Seadoo is like stage 2 GP1800 Parts wise!

and no to answer your question. at least for me, i have not had a chance to ride with any Yamaha's other then 2014 VXR. no one but our group seem crazy enough to go out and ride skis in my area. closer to summer i should see one i hope.

i too would love to hear results of this!
    You poor guy! It sounds like you bought a 2018 RXT-X300 but can't ride it until the summer. Bummer

Seems like the 18 Rxtx is faster then the px and I raced a buddies Gp1800 that he said had the maptuner x on it . And both races I busted that things ass With no tune on my 300 .

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GoneRXT View Post
    Seems like the 18 Rxtx is faster then the px and I raced a buddies Gp1800 that he said had the maptuner x on it . And both races I busted that things ass With no tune on my 300 .
    So you have a stock 2016 RXP-X300 and you raced a stock 2018 GP1800 and you "busted his ass." I would have liked to see that Could it be that you are lighter and a better rider?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    So you have a stock 2016 RXP-X300 and you raced a stock 2018 GP1800 and you "busted his ass." I would have liked to see that Could it be that you are lighter and a better rider?
    Based on the thread in the Yamaha forum we are arguing about 0-60 times the GP1800 did an average of 4.8 across 10 runs. Back in cool weather when my ski was new my 16 would do in the low 4s fairly easily. Probably pretty close...but I'm actually surprised the Yamaha isn't quicker than 4.8 to 60.

I do have video and don’t know how to post it here without uploading it to YouTube . Yes me and the other rider are within 10 pounds of each other . I also rode the gp1800 and honestly wasn’t impressed with the power for my first time on a svho . My 300. Has its mods listed in my sig . And doesn’t accelerate any harder than a bone stock 300 The gp couldn’t even holeshot me so Idk what to tell ya .

+1
    You poor guy! It sounds like you bought a 2018 RXT-X300 but can't ride it until the summer. Bummer
    im not sure what you are trying to achieve by stating your opinion regarding my riding. what exactly does this prove?
    actually i have put on 16 hours on my ski 18' RXTX and love it very much! im not afraid of the cold. have been riding with 39* water temp. and as cold as 35-36*F.
    last weekend had a chance to test out my recently installed stage 2.

just don't have any yamaha's to race with yet. since you are such a smart ass. why not you make a trip out here? ill gladly line up. that way we would have something to bring back to the forum?

for the record. im not a seadoo fan boy. and just because i own one. does not mean i dont like yamaha. had chosen it over yamaha for what seadoo had to offer. i do know that the yamaha motor is a beast when built up. also know that yamaha drastically reduces power out of the crate. you can see the difference from stock vs Stock plus reflash. it comes alive.

just like some one had mentioned before, your responses and accusations are starting to sound more and more like its coming from buyers remorse. Poor guy!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WakePirate View Post
    im not sure what you are trying to achieve by stating your opinion regarding my riding. what exactly does this prove?
    actually i have put on 16 hours on my ski 18' RXTX and love it very much! im not afraid of the cold. have been riding with 39* water temp. and as cold as 35-36*F.
    last weekend had a chance to test out my recently installed stage 2.

just don't have any yamaha's to race with yet. since you are such a smart ass. why not you make a trip out here? ill gladly line up. that way we would have something to bring back to the forum?

for the record. im not a seadoo fan boy. and just because i own one. does not mean i dont like yamaha. had chosen it over yamaha for what seadoo had to offer. i do know that the yamaha motor is a beast when built up. also know that yamaha drastically reduces power out of the crate. you can see the difference from stock vs Stock plus reflash. it comes alive.

just like some one had mentioned before, your responses and accusations are starting to sound more and more like its coming from buyers remorse. Poor guy!
    Whoa guy, I don't know why you would think I am a smart ass? I was just trying to be friendly. I merely said it must be cold up there and you have a new ski but no one wants to ride with you being that it is so cold. You must be part polar bear

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information