RXP 215 Upgrade To XX Charger

Hey guys, I have an 08 RXP 215 and Im looking to do some solid performance upgrades before summer. Right now Im just in the process of ordering everything so my mechanic can work his magic haha. I think I want to do a riva XX charger its great for the price, but it doesnt list what injectors I need for the upgrade if any, so if you guys know anything about that please let me know. I wasnt going to do this this year but is a new intercooler nessecary for this upgrade? I havent seen anything that says you absolutely need it so far. I also want to do a riva rear exhaust kit and power filter intake. I was also wondering what the purpose of a performance waterbox would be? The last thing I want to do is a new intake and impeller, I dont know much about them but Im more interested In low end acceleration, but wouldnt be opposed to some more speed lol. Is there anything that I am failing to consider or any parts or upgrades I need to do before this? Any input is helpful, thanks guys.

Edit: Looks like Im gonna need 48lb injectors and and possibly a fuel controller. What do you guys think? Also what do you guys think of the supercharger liquid cooling jacket on 4tec?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180401_135703.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	430802  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by evankennette View Post
    Hey guys, I have an 08 RXP 215 and Im looking to do some solid performance upgrades before summer. Right now Im just in the process of ordering everything so my mechanic can work his magic haha. I think I want to do a riva XX charger its great for the price, but it doesnt list what injectors I need for the upgrade if any, so if you guys know anything about that please let me know. I wasnt going to do this this year but is a new intercooler nessecary for this upgrade? I havent seen anything that says you absolutely need it so far. I also want to do a riva rear exhaust kit and power filter intake. I was also wondering what the purpose of a performance waterbox would be? The last thing I want to do is a new intake and impeller, I dont know much about them but Im more interested In low end acceleration, but wouldnt be opposed to some more speed lol. Is there anything that I am failing to consider or any parts or upgrades I need to do before this? Any input is helpful, thanks guys. 
    The size of injectors will vary on what ECU you are running/what rpm you plan to run. Knowing this we can give you a ball park size but to know exactly if your injectors are providing enough fuel, you will need to add a wide band afr sensor and an rrfpr to be able to adjust.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    The size of injectors will vary on what ECU you are running/what rpm you plan to run. Knowing this we can give you a ball park size but to know exactly if your injectors are providing enough fuel, you will need to add a wide band afr sensor and an rrfpr to be able to adjust.

To Add to this; It’s highly recommended you upgrade to external intercooler as all you will be doing is blowing more hot air into the motor and can cause problems in the future. If staying with stock ecu, you will need to pitch your prop as your rpms will increase and will be hitting the rev limiter.

What I recommend/One of the most cost efficient setups on stock Ecu is X Charger, 42lb injectors and external intercooler. You will also need to pitch your prop for this.

Banned User
    +1
    I believe the RIVA XX is the same as the ET127+3 wheel. Which puts out the same boost as the X-charger. You will need 42lb injectors and an external IC to get the most out of it. No need for a wide band or a RRFPR with this setup. Oh, and you'll need to repitch the prop as stated.

Thanks for the reply man �� how do i determine what rpms I want to run? Like i said Im more interested in low end, I also dont want to blow up the engine. (So i assume an intercooler is a good idea) it would be nice to outrun my buddies with 255s. Also the xx charger kit would save me from buying a whole new x charger because its an addon to the 215. Is 12.5 lbs of boost a lot for my engine if im worried about blowing it up?

Will a fizzle f1000 sufice for these modifications?

+1
    Will a fizzle f1000 sufice for these modifications?
    I ran a riva xxx with rising rate fuel pressure regulator and 48's on the stock computer map and an old fizzle intercooler but it would beat soak after some hard riding. The new fizzle 1000 would be enough. Also, I ran the stock 83mm venturi, 15/22r 4 blade, riva grate to give me 80mph on low fuel perfect water (I weighed 150lbs back then). I also filled ride plate holes and filled all areas around ride plate and even the intake grate and I think I used a 2 degree wedge. Rock solid on 91 octane pump fuel and ran better than normal 255's without issue.
    *I ran 4 inch piping to the supercharger. Skip the tiny 3 inch stuff it's just restrictive.

Banned User
    +1
    You're not going to see 12.5 with the stock ecu. More like 10.5-11 psi. Shoot for 8100 rpms. 14/19R Solas prop. And go with the 4" intake as stated.
    Last edited by ncdoo; 04-01-2018 at 05:14 PM.

+1
    Hey guys, I have an 08 RXP 215 and Im looking to do some solid performance upgrades before summer. Right now Im just in the process of ordering everything so my mechanic can work his magic haha. I think I want to do a riva XX charger its great for the price, but it doesnt list what injectors I need for the upgrade if any, so if you guys know anything about that please let me know. I wasnt going to do this this year but is a new intercooler nessecary for this upgrade? I havent seen anything that says you absolutely need it so far. I also want to do a riva rear exhaust kit and power filter intake. I was also wondering what the purpose of a performance waterbox would be? The last thing I want to do is a new intake and impeller, I dont know much about them but Im more interested In low end acceleration, but wouldnt be opposed to some more speed lol. Is there anything that I am failing to consider or any parts or upgrades I need to do before this? Any input is helpful, thanks guys.

Edit: Looks like Im gonna need 48lb injectors and and possibly a fuel controller. What do you guys think? Also what do you guys think of the supercharger liquid cooling jacket on 4tec?
    What you top speed goal? If you keep the boost at 10lbs you don't need an rrfpr, the ecu is mapped to handle 10lbs of boost. My old 08 I ran 10lbs at 8100rpm with external intercooler and 42lb injectors. If your not into testing and tuning it's a bullet proof setup.

+1
    wow, i feel like i just asked the same questions 2 years ago, pretty much read all you can on here and listen to certain people, ask alot of questions, i did and ended up with a 82 mph gtx 215,

Thread Information