Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    +1
    Definitely leak down test and throughly clean and rebuild the carbs.

yeah i have rebuild kits for both sets of carbs and gonna leak down test both motors just to be safe don't want to be rebuilding anything when it gets hot

3. +1 by:

+1
    FYI,
    While dealing with these nightmare tripples, with the mono cylinder, we would zip tie the rings flat, oil the hell out of them, and slowly, but firmly work them down.

Only luck ive had is putting piston on middle rod and putting the other pistons in the cylinder and putting the middle one in and sliding the wrist pins in with the cylinder up just enough to get them in and with a really good pair of snap ring pliers getting the circlips in .. I had to take the motor apart a few times in the past month and I can do it in like 10 minutes that way without it being too much of a pain in the ****. I have given up getting all three in the normal way I've tried everything zip ties, hose clamps, etc but its most likely because I'm always doing it solo.

+1
    I oil up the rings and cylinders and use hose clamps. Tighten the clamp so it is just loose enough to twist back and forth and you can feel the rings stopping on the locating pins. Cylinder hanging on a chain hooked to the engine hoist. A helper can let it down a little at a time as you guide the pistons in and remove the hose clamps. Cause of failure was lean running due to creased check valves on the rear carb..........let me know if I'm right!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Myself View Post
    I oil up the rings and cylinders and use hose clamps. Tighten the clamp so it is just loose enough to twist back and forth and you can feel the rings stopping on the locating pins. Cylinder hanging on a chain hooked to the engine hoist. A helper can let it down a little at a time as you guide the pistons in and remove the hose clamps. Cause of failure was lean running due to creased check valves on the rear carb..........let me know if I'm right!
    LOL I do it with my fingers while on the bench one piston at a time.

It was a crankseal. I bought the boat with most of the motor in boxes so I never got a chance to check before I put it back together. So I got to do it twice in one weekend lol. First time was in the boat second time was out cause i had to split the cases and do the seals and I still couldn't get that those cylinders **** on!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information