+1

Seadoo RXPX intake manifold upgrade mod

so has anyone successfully used a manifold clamp from an older seadoo ~ (2004 first pic)....... to do the flame arrestor removal mod on an RXP-X 2008+

The manifolds are the same... i think if i get my own hole saw, this gold clamp and cut some thick plastic or aluminum + some silicone this mod can be done for lass than $30 as apposed to $180 for the kit. Sure the kit may be fancier and quicker but cost saving is always an issue.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clamp.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	429505   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clamp2.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	429506  

If youre looking for cheap and willing to spend some time you can take the filter out through the throttle body side. I havent done it yet but plan to. $180 for a hole saw and a block off is just too much for me to justify cost

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek15xz View Post
    If youre looking for cheap and willing to spend some time you can take the filter out through the throttle body side. I havent done it yet but plan to. $180 for a hole saw and a block off is just too much for me to justify cost
    i read that its a pain through the throttle side due to its a smaller hole. those clamps use to be for an internal intercooler on 04 models only about $10-$20, and a multisize hole saw kit from harbor freight is like $15.

im curious if someone else has done this as i am likely to do it due to cost..... hell i have 2 X models mods always cost me twice as much...lol

+1
    For free I did the throttle body side that way there's no worrying about totally fucking up the intake manifold and one less place for a leak

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by connorrxp View Post
    For free I did the throttle body side that way there's no worrying about totally fucking up the intake manifold and one less place for a leak
    so how did you get it out?

+1
    on my 2013 RXT-X 260 I used a block off plate from a Fizzle kit that was for a 215 intercooler upgrade..

cut the front of the manifold with a hacksaw and used the fizzle block off and intercooler clamp from a 215. (there are pics on this forum of someone doing the same thing, do a search)
    put some black RTV sealer on the block off before putting it in the manifold. it worked great and cost me about $30.00 total!

7. +1 by:

+1
    He's right, use a hacksaw to cut the manifold at the seam where the flame arrestor meets the manifold, then install the 215 plug and OEM clamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbranella View Post
    on my 2013 RXT-X 260 I used a block off plate from a Fizzle kit that was for a 215 intercooler upgrade..

cut the front of the manifold with a hacksaw and used the fizzle block off and intercooler clamp from a 215. (there are pics on this forum of someone doing the same thing, do a search)
    put some black RTV sealer on the block off before putting it in the manifold. it worked great and cost me about $30.00 total!

9. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    He's right, use a hacksaw to cut the manifold at the seam where the flame arrestor meets the manifold, then install the 215 plug and OEM clamp.

you should sell your own kit..

+1
    Update... i was successful using a hole saw, clamp from a 215, a round piece of aluminum plate and some silicone. worked great.
    one note ... if you use the hole saw, you will need to sand down the lip about 3/16" off to fit the clamp and plate.
    Cost $10- used clamp ( ebay)
    $15-hole saw kit (harbor freight)
    $---piece of aluminum plate 1/8"
    $1 - small silicone tube (dollar store)

maybe a little extra labor but well worth the savings over the $180 kit!

Thread Information