Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

extrem Coolant problem 17 Spark. PLESE HELP !!

Hello,

I just bought a new 2017 spark. After 10 minutes of first riding the coolant tank was empty and i found the problem on one loose screw from the water pump cover.

I fix this and fill it up. I break the engine in and built to stage 3 / engine spinnt 8,400 rpm.

Aber some more times of riding the coolant tank was empty again. I change the Tank and the cap to new one. After some minutes of hard riding, empty again. Ich checkt all hose clamps and remove the waterpump cover and check the gasket and the thermostat gasket all fine ...i install all parts together in the sequenze according to the manual.

i made an pressure test with 10 psi for 24 hours. no problems no leaks... i made an 2nd pressure test with 25 psi for some minutes no problems.

I ride today after 10 minutes of hard riding and jumping the tank is empty again.

No milky oil...and the engine compression is fine.

So the problem can be only in the cap but i just get this new ...so what is problem ??? if i ride slow no problems if i ride at WOT 8,400 rpm then the coolant is empty.. what can i do???

Please help me.... THX

+1
    BRP,
    I know for a fact that when i ride hard, meaning jumping, 180 nose stabs and such or roll it over I always loose coolant. You are talking about expansion tank, I assume? It is normal for their to be some coolant that comes out from the over flow tube. Now I am not sure but if you fill to high I wonder if it is possible you are somehow creating a siphon situation? Just my 2 cents for now... Possibly once ski warms up their is a small leak at a gasket? I should ask if you see coolant in the engine bay?
    Check this link!

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=263325
    http://www.seadoospark.org/forum/282...g-coolant.html

The second link really makes sense!!!!
    Last edited by Ramps; 03-11-2018 at 08:51 PM. Reason: added info

+1
    OK, BRP
    First vibrations than this? You should have warranty? Take it back and tell them they need to cover it under warranty or report to BBB and everywhere else!!!!!!!

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    an engine that is spitting anything out of the cooling system is stressed. Most common reason?

There are lots of techs who are under the assumption that "straight" coolant works better then the suggest 50/50 mix

It doesn't.

when cooling systems are serviced they typically need to be bled. I might venture to say you've got a bit of air in there. causing localized heating, and boiling of the coolant off thru the overflow.

could also be an engine hot condition causing problems with a cracked head or block.

Havn't done any cooling system work on a spark yet, but look into the bleed air bit.

Again, it's not expected for coolant to be overflowing.

OK, I've looked at these other threads you cited. Something sup.

Maybe Steph from BRP care will nose around and adivse the forum ( and giys like me) as to what the deal is.

None of the sparks I do service have had any reported overheating issues.

1 blown up driveshaft ( our local seadoo dealer did it under warranty, I passed on the job as I figured they would cover it)
    1 guy who tried to change his own oil and dropped two bolts and then the filter cap into the hull.
    4 blown up jetpumps ( our beaches are mostly gravel here)
    Everybody needed batteries last season.

Couldn't have made that access door one inch wider you mutts?

5. +1 by:

You have to replace the coolant pump gasket, there is warranty campaign for that , go to your Seadoo dealer and tell him to replace in warranty.

7. +1 by:

+1
    I would suspect if it's holding pressure there is no leak. If that is the case your cooling system is burping air out the the system, you will have to refill a few times until all air is out of the system.

I have no warranty with reflash and all the parts.... maybe possible that there is air in the system since it was completely empty.... but there is no leak it holds a 25 psi presssure Test what I did and I have the green gasket in the water pump....hmm this is my 2nd spark and with the first one I never hat this problems... how get I the aus out of the system ?

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Might want to check the manual

+1
    To properly fill the coolant is a 2 person job. You are supposed to keep the plug out of the ride plate and pour the coolant in, once you get a steady stream of coolant coming out of the hole you plug it up with the other person continues to pour the coolant in.

You will have to manually burp the air from the system now. Take it to the water and ride it until it comes up to temp and let it sit for 10-15 min and slowly crack the cap on the reservoir until the air releases. You will have to repeat this several times to get all of the air out. You will know it's done when the coolant level stops dropping down when you crack the reservoir cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan_Joe View Post
    To properly fill the coolant is a 2 person job. You are supposed to keep the plug out of the ride plate and pour the coolant in, once you get a steady stream of coolant coming out of the hole you plug it up with the other person continues to pour the coolant in.

You will have to manually burp the air from the system now. Take it to the water and ride it until it comes up to temp and let it sit for 10-15 min and slowly crack the cap on the reservoir until the air releases. You will have to repeat this several times to get all of the air out. You will know it's done when the coolant level stops dropping down when you crack the reservoir cap.

That is an Spark so there is no coolant in the Ride Plate

13. +1 by:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information