Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    No buzz, just a mean growl! Gutted waterbox. Maybe something is lose in your ware box resonating at high rpm?
    Thanks, glad its not a common thing with the rear exhaust and just me. When i get back on the water, one day I hope, I'll look into more deeply.

+1
    Ditch the oem waterbox

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaii View Post
    Ditch the oem waterbox
    You think it's the OEM waterbox making the buzz? Possible but I'm not sure how. You might have a point.

+1
    Having the same issue connecting the collar on the inside of the hull. Was at it for 2 hours last night.. Drilled holes exact its a tight fit. Wondering if i drill them 2 or 3 sizes up (already drilled 1 up) would it be ok if its not a tight fit through the hull. Also thinking about ditching the seal it came with and hitting it with the right stuff.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckm View Post
    Having the same issue connecting the collar on the inside of the hull. Was at it for 2 hours last night.. Drilled holes exact its a tight fit. Wondering if i drill them 2 or 3 sizes up (already drilled 1 up) would it be ok if its not a tight fit through the hull. Also thinking about ditching the seal it came with and hitting it with the right stuff.
    Diffently right stuff it in as well as squirt some in the bolt holes and on top of the bolts. Had the most annoying leak it turned out it was coming around one of the bolts if you can believe that. Had to fill me ski with water to find it.

Riva thru hull exhaust

I would use grade 8 bolts instead of Riva’s.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamivxs View Post
    I would use grade 8 bolts instead of Riva’s.
    Do not use Grade 8, use the stainless Riva sends. Their kit is complete and works as intended.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    Do not use Grade 8, use the stainless Riva sends. Their kit is complete and works as intended.
    NOT!! Just upgraded from free flow to rear exit, used the Rive gasket with a little Right Stuff, no F,,,ing way the Riva bolts would be long enough. Mine came with 20 mm long, ended up ordering 35mm on Amazon; also couldn't get the collar to line up and didn't want to drill the screw holes out bigger so I just went with individual washers and locking nuts as others on the site have done (thank you). Note: I pulled the pump and dropped the ride plate, well worth the little bit of time to be able to have that extra access of the stock exhaust outlet and be able to get my whole skinny little arm into the hull (past the elbow!) through there. Kind of like fisting my ski!! Hey hey hey, I'm just guessing that's what it's like

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Outboardjohn View Post
    NOT!! Just upgraded from free flow to rear exit, used the Rive gasket with a little Right Stuff, no F,,,ing way the Riva bolts would be long enough. Mine came with 20 mm long, ended up ordering 35mm on Amazon; also couldn't get the collar to line up and didn't want to drill the screw holes out bigger so I just went with individual washers and locking nuts as others on the site have done (thank you). Note: I pulled the pump and dropped the ride plate, well worth the little bit of time to be able to have that extra access of the stock exhaust outlet and be able to get my whole skinny little arm into the hull (past the elbow!) through there. Kind of like fisting my ski!! Hey hey hey, I'm just guessing that's what it's like
    Sounds like you made the job difficult and not using the collar seems like it would cause potential stress on the individual bolts. Your issue is probably because you used gasket AND Right Stuff. I and several others ONLY use Right Stuff. I have installed about 20 rear exhaust kits without any issues this way.

I only use lots of Right Stuff because I found in the past when tightening the outlet down the gasket pushes out because it is slippery which can cause water leaks.
    Last edited by Gus13letter; 03-27-2019 at 06:55 AM.

+1
    This is only my 2nd through hull install, my Rxp went without a hitch, this one not so much. One of my mistakes was not dry fitting the outlet and internal ring for alignment, had I done that I would have realized that the 20 mm long screws that came in my kit were never going to be long enough. The other thing was that I used a drill bit size that was just large enough for the screws to fit through which doesn't allow for any play in the screw to be able align with the threaded holes in the internal ring, so ya, with the way I did it did I did make the job much more difficult. The longest bolts that I could find locally were 25mm which still were not long enough so I ended up ordering them online. Once I received the 35mm screws I still couldn't get all 6 screws to find their threaded targets (not without enlarging the holes) so I decided to go with individual fender washers and locking nuts. On the upside the tip was already well attached with the gasket and right stuff. Right Stuff on both sides of the gasket and the screw holes liberally filled with RS when they were finally installed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information