Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner_626 View Post
    If anyone needs a brand new Ultra 310 ECU for half the price these are legit off ebay and are brand new OEM. Mine worked perfectly.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-OEM-Kaw...wAAOSw43haKzWo
    So did the new ecu fix the speed issue?

Finally did a test drive today and managed to get an extra 3mph out of the ski. Does 66mph top speed before the stupid traction control kicks in and brings it down to 64mph. If I blip the throttle the ski will go right back up to 66mph for about 5 seconds then throttle back down. Trying to figure out if the $350 for a new ECU was worth it lol. Do you think this will fix the rest of my issues and make this ski keep up with my old Ultra 300? https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...vjo9ebr13keh95

Also noticed my speedo is WAY off. Speedo shows 57mph when GPS reads 66.

Also what is my old ECU worth?

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    speedos are always way off..nothing new there. See about a candoo gps module for your ski ( if available for your model) that uses gps to determine your speed

old proven working parts start off at least half of retail when I sell something. If it is a low hour unit I might get up to 75% of retail if I am willing to stand behind it.

I get people that spend a grand and better to get 2-3mph so it's worth what it's worth. having a spare functional ecu is a life saver for somebody

I'd question the status of your exhaust filters at this point.

The 310 is so scary fast I even respect it..not there?.. check the exhaust filter to see if it's still there. Broken bits could obstruct the water box I hear. They can fail as early as 50 hours in.

your getting reasonable performance since we really don't know much else about the ski including the condition of the pump and impeller.

try a good coat of wax on the bottom..might pick up a little more. There is a reason they wax surfboards, dude.

Can you point me in the general location of this Exhaust Filter? My ski has 28 hours total.

Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    speedos are always way off..nothing new there. See about a candoo gps module for your ski ( if available for your model) that uses gps to determine your speed

old proven working parts start off at least half of retail when I sell something. If it is a low hour unit I might get up to 75% of retail if I am willing to stand behind it.

I get people that spend a grand and better to get 2-3mph so it's worth what it's worth. having a spare functional ecu is a life saver for somebody

I'd question the status of your exhaust filters at this point.

The 310 is so scary fast I even respect it..not there?.. check the exhaust filter to see if it's still there. Broken bits could obstruct the water box I hear. They can fail as early as 50 hours in.

your getting reasonable performance since we really don't know much else about the ski including the condition of the pump and impeller.

try a good coat of wax on the bottom..might pick up a little more. There is a reason they wax surfboards, dude.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    you could take a few seconds to find this yourself.......right here on the hulk!

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=167825

Pardon the interruption: Pete, surfers wax the top of their boards so they are easier to stand atop barefoot...better traction when standing and easier to control when paddling. Even then, they are slippery devices to manipulate when wet. I believe it is advantageous to wax the bottom side of snowboards and skis though...
    Gunner, waxing/polishing the bottom of you PWC is always a good maintenance practice.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner_626 View Post
    Finally did a test drive today and managed to get an extra 3mph out of the ski. Does 66mph top speed before the stupid traction control kicks in and brings it down to 64mph. If I blip the throttle the ski will go right back up to 66mph for about 5 seconds then throttle back down. Trying to figure out if the $350 for a new ECU was worth it lol. Do you think this will fix the rest of my issues and make this ski keep up with my old Ultra 300? https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...vjo9ebr13keh95

Also noticed my speedo is WAY off. Speedo shows 57mph when GPS reads 66.

Also what is my old ECU worth?
    traction control DOESNT kickin on smooth water.....

what RPM is it stabilizing at ????

as I said from day 1 you would have been better of getting a reflash !!!

8. +1 by:

I had the same issue and found that the rubber dampener was leaking in fact it was nearly completely separated off the stainless steel plate on the manifold side , the only thing holding it up the throttle body was the inter-cooler , it also looked like it was leaking for some time as the boost was getting worse, even after a flash , and very hard to find, as it looks completely normal.

Hi there im new here i have s 2014 310 ultra i have a scom on it now .the rpm used to go to 7900 rpms ..
    Now its not ..
    My question is should i get a 2015 ecu or later ...or a reflash .my ecu psrt number is 21175-0954
    F8tg1174

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information