Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2015 310x SE ?? Buy it?

I am looking at a 15 310x SE. It has 65 hours, in perfect shape, no scratches, etc. Also comes with the extended warranty until october of 2020.
    Has never been in for any warranty work yet. Has an aluminum Triton trailer and 2 covers. What is most you would pay?

Have been out of the scene for a while since my 250 blew the motor back in 09.

depending on the model of the triton .. I would sell it for 10 grand minimal but I wouldn’t pay more then a dollar for it without a compression check .. do urself a favor and buy new

As far as what it's worth, I would check the local Boat Trader / other publications to get an idea what a similar Ski is selling for in your area. You might be looking at a smokin' deal here! JB

+1
    does anyone know how long you can run the ultra 310x before refueling? going to be riding the norcal delta so maybe riding between half to full throttle most of the time.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja10 View Post
    does anyone know how long you can run the ultra 310x before refueling? going to be riding the norcal delta so maybe riding between half to full throttle most of the time.
    What does this have to do with someone we ring to buy a 310 ?
    Post your questions in YOUR own posts in the correct section.... It makes EVERYONE'S life easier to search for stuff..... oh and it's in the rules lol

+1
    Well, I took the plunge this morning... Our local dealer, and personal friend, had a brand new '17 310X sitting in the show room last year. A drunk driver drove through the wall and knocked a Waverunner into it and dinged the side. They couldn't sell it as new, so they got the insurance company to pay for repairs and the dealer took it to his lake house. He decided that it was too fast for his kids and he offered it to me for $7500. It has 13 hours on it. It will have a salvage title due to the damage, but nothing mechanical was damaged.

I just got a call from my dental hygienist, she has decided to buy my STXs. Just waiting for another guy to sell me his double trailer and SeaDoo, for which he can't find the title...

Wow, that's a good price. I am buying a new '17 310X tomorrow; but it won't be for $7500!

The Ultra Hulls are tough. A car and a Waverunner slams into it and only a Ding! Wow! JB

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Well, I took the plunge this morning... Our local dealer, and personal friend, had a brand new '17 310X sitting in the show room last year. A drunk driver drove through the wall and knocked a Waverunner into it and dinged the side. They couldn't sell it as new, so they got the insurance company to pay for repairs and the dealer took it to his lake house. He decided that it was too fast for his kids and he offered it to me for $7500. It has 13 hours on it. It will have a salvage title due to the damage, but nothing mechanical was damaged.

I just got a call from my dental hygienist, she has decided to buy my STXs. Just waiting for another guy to sell me his double trailer and SeaDoo, for which he can't find the title...
    Thats a steal. Go ride it like you stole it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Well, I took the plunge this morning... Our local dealer, and personal friend, had a brand new '17 310X sitting in the show room last year...
    ----------------------------------
    Congrats !!!

When you grab a "handful" of throttle - be certain you have it pointed in the right direction

+1
    Well, sadly things didn't go as planned. I don't know whether the dealer mis-spoke, or I mis-understood. The 'Ski is a 2015, not a 2017. I was concerned at that point about the older pistons, but decided to take it with the extended warranty.

While getting a familiarization with the shop manager, I asked about the fogging port location. He pointed it out and said, "Gee, it doesn't look like that's ever been off. It still has paint on the rubber cap." I agreed, and that raised another red flag. I took it anyway and brought it home to show the wife. I started it on the trailer and it ran rough, so I shut it off.

I got the hose and was going to run it for a while and try fogging it. It run like crap and would barely stay running. It was very low on gas, the gauge wouldn't even register, so I thought perhaps it was fuel starved. I got some gas and tried again. It ran even worse (no fogging, just on the hose). I decided to let it cool down and think about it.

Next day, I figured it might be a supercharger problem. I pulled the spark plugs and they looked fine. I stuck an inspection camera into the cylinders and three pistons looked fine. The rear one had some minor pock marks indicating that some foreign material had gone through it. NOT GOOD.

I called them this morning and they said to bring it back. They would refund my money, fix it, or whatever I wanted. I went with the refund.

At this point, I think it was fortunate that it acted up on the trailer. I don't think there was any cylinder damage. I think the foreign matter must have come from the supercharger. It had been sitting for months and I suspect corrosion had started inside it. If the dealer would replace the supercharger, and install the later pistons, I'd probably buy it again. I would possibly offer to pay for the pistons if they would pay the labor.

Does this sound reasonable? Or should I wait until the end of 2018 and pick up an end-of-year model? I don't want to pay MSRP at the peak of the season.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information