Exclamation SX-R 1500 109 fuel

I have a SX-r 1500 kawasaki jetski,

which is better 109 Fuel for racing or adding KAWASAKI SXR 1500 IJSBA STOCK CLASS RACE KIT?

Thank you guyz

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Engyasser View Post

which is better 109 Fuel for racing or adding KAWASAKI SXR 1500 IJSBA STOCK CLASS RACE KIT?

Thank you guyz
    Unless you have the supporting mods for 109 Fuel, that will net you nothing, may even loose power. You should always run one grade of fuel higher than one that causes knock. What does the ski call for in the owners manual, that's what you run for best speed and power.

Now if you mod for higher compression, more advance in spark, then you would have to adjust fuel grade accordingly.

I can't comment on the race kit, what does it comprise of?

Quote Originally Posted by SplishSplash View Post
    Unless you have the supporting mods for 109 Fuel, that will net you nothing, may even loose power. You should always run one grade of fuel higher than one that causes knock. What does the ski call for in the owners manual, that's what you run for best speed and power.

Now if you mod for higher compression, more advance in spark, then you would have to adjust fuel grade accordingly.

I can't comment on the race kit, what does it comprise of?

Thank you
    I have Maptunner X for it,
    for the race kit

RIVA MaptunerX Kawasaki SXR Bundle RK110NA-B-SXR
    RIVA Kawasaki SXR 1500 Power Filter RK13110
    Skat Trak Kawasaki SXR 1500 13/17 Swirl Impeller SK487520SW13/17
    Skat Trak Kawasaki SXR 1500 Top-Loader Intake Grate PRSGKAW1500C
    RIVA Kawasaki SXR 1500 Pro-Series Sponsons - Black RK26110

You are ok with V-Power pump gas.

Let me out of here......I need to go on Greenhulk!
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Engyasser View Post

Thank you guyz
    Ask Riva what fuel to use. May be worth checking the fuel requirements of the organization you are racing with.

A stock boat won't need 109. As Splish said; you'll likely lose power due to the greater resistance to combustion w/ higher octane fuel. Oxygenated fuel is one of the few that makes power: VP MR-12/ U4.4, etc. I wouldn't run those in the lakes...but if you want pour in HP, those fuels will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by hleshot View Post
    A stock boat won't need 109. As Splish said; you'll likely lose power due to the greater resistance to combustion w/ higher octane fuel. Oxygenated fuel is one of the few that makes power: VP MR-12/ U4.4, etc. I wouldn't run those in the lakes...but if you want pour in HP, those fuels will do it.
    Have you ever had enough experience to know when a tune, even with a stock engine, would require 109? Itís a good fuel, donít knock it if you donít tune

+1
    I doubt the OP is still wondering which fuel to use. The stock Riva tune is for 93 octane pump gas. It would take a significant more amount of compression and or timing to require 109. At 12.5:1 93 is still good. 14:1 or above and you’ll likely need race gas unless you retard the timing quite a bit which would defeat the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by mwhc View Post
    Have you ever had enough experience to know when a tune, even with a stock engine, would require 109? It’s a good fuel, don’t knock it if you don’t tune
    ISWYDT!! I do have enough experience, yeah. A tune shouldn't affect comp ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by dcuhpw View Post
    I doubt the OP is still wondering which fuel to use. The stock Riva tune is for 93 octane pump gas. It would take a significant more amount of compression and or timing to require 109. At 12.5:1 93 is still good. 14:1 or above and you’ll likely need race gas unless you retard the timing quite a bit which would defeat the purpose.
    Agree. If the head hasn't been worked on, I'd not run 109. I'd run a low octane oxygenated fuel if I wanted pour in power...but that stuff is no good for the water.

Let me out of here......I need to go on Greenhulk!
    +1

Thread Information