Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3272808182
    +1
    Rather ridiculous that at this price point these skis are falling apart...Yet another reason why I switched over to Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by OP. LOCK View Post
    Why dont you go to another dealer?
    Yup.tried. They're too busy with sleds. BRP is communicating well with me. They recently asked who and where the dealer. Stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    was the fuel cap on tight? No way gas got in the foot wells without sloppy filling or maybe filling it to the top and leaving the cap loose and then moving the ski around and spilling it out.
    Fuel spill shouldn't affect the hull. Never did on my other six skis. The design sucks. Should have continued the RXT exterior filler. And it's foreseeable that there's gonna be a spill someday. Sea Doo knew this because of the drainage design into the footwells. The fact is that the finish is a monumental mistake.

I'm considering Kawa for my next one

Quote Originally Posted by crueldude View Post
    I'm considering Kawa for my next one

They all have their inherient problems. You'll just be trading one set of problems for another. If the perfect ski existed we'd all be buying one.

Yeah, that makes sense. But sea doo quality has gone down hill. Haven't started looking at Kawi's.

Yeah, that makes sense. But sea doo quality has gone down hill. Haven't started looking at Kawi's.
    They've all gone downhill since the recent last several year's focus and redesign strategy has been to make them lighter for a better power to weight ratio to beat their competition. They readily admit this and even brag about it in their ads and write-ups. This allows them to sell slightly faster skis without spending money on research or better tech to improve the powertrain. Now the hulls are like eggshells, cracking both internally and externally, and many of the parts are no longer properly made to last. They will continue to try to pull off weight wherever possible to go slightly faster with the existing power. The new lightweight hulls and parts actually cost them less to build, so that's another win for them. We're getting poorer quality, but faster skis.

They've compromised the quality, reliability, and longevity of these products just so they can go a few seconds or even a few milliseconds faster than their competitors. Not worth it in my opinion, I'll take a slower but well-built ski any day over a delicate faster one with a compromised ultralightweight, cracking, throw away hull and poor reliability. It makes no difference to me whether I can go a few milliseconds faster than the competition, I'm not a racer and that's not how I use my ski. What does matter to me is that it doesn't break apart on the water which ruins both my fun and my $17K investment.

8. +1 by:

Fuel spill shouldn't affect the hull. Never did on my other six skis. The design sucks. Should have continued the RXT exterior filler. And it's foreseeable that there's gonna be a spill someday. Sea Doo knew this because of the drainage design into the footwells. The fact is that the finish is a monumental mistake.
    This is a good point. I sealed up the spill holes near the gas fill with fuel resistant RTV because if fuel were allowed to spill into the footwells and sat there, the acrylic finish would be permanently ruined. What an incredibly stupid design. Better to try to deal with a spill in the plastic area near the fuel fill than to let the finish be destroyed.

BRP can be both brilliant and stupid. They come up with both industry leading designs and monumental mistakes. This has been the case since the 60's when they released the first Ski-Doos. They were highly innovative but also highly prone to failure due to obvious engineering mistakes and oversights. Fast forward sixty years and they are still doing the same, producing great products but with very serious flaws. This has been the case with every BRP product I've owned. I don't think they'll ever change. Sometimes I think BRP stands for Brilliant Retarded Products.

10. +1 by:

+1
    Starting to see a few 2019's with this "crazing" problem. I guess Sea Doo didn't bother to fix it in the 2019 model years either. Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by dan87951 View Post
    Starting to see a few 2019's with this "crazing" problem. I guess Sea Doo didn't bother to fix it in the 2019 model years either. Wow!
    That issue won't be fixed until a new hull is released since it is a material issue. I imagine it is less of a problem on the 2nd gen polytech hull on the GTI now since it is both revised and thicker.

Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3272808182

Thread Information