Page 76 of 82 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by outnumbered View Post
    Whew, that's good news....then consider my photo's irrelevant.
    ..... I wish I could unsee what I have just seen.

I thought only the silver hulls where the turd. Seeing the yellow hulls having this issue is making me nervous. I've already decided my 18TX won't be doing any wave jumping. I have noticed the new hulls definitely have some flex to them.

+1
    . Maybe he just slammed the hood to hard and that cracked it.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    . Maybe he just slammed the hood to hard and that cracked it.
    Answer from dealership
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180728-010333_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	437241  

Quote Originally Posted by tezas81 View Post
    Answer from dealership
    You were right to request a new boat, but it's certainly no surprise that BRP won't give you one.

I'm concerned that the repair will be structurally inadequate, especially if CM-Tec has structural issues to begin with. With an intact hull, normal stresses are fairly evenly distributed. With a patched repair, the hull may likely crack again at the same location. If it cracked there originally when new, it's probably going to be even weaker with a repair.

You need to address this with BRP and ask them exactly how they intend to fix this adequately structurally with a repair. Your safety is at stake. You can sink quickly with a hull breach.

A repair, especially an inadequate structural repair, will also seriously devalue the resale value of your ski. Cosmetic repairs are one thing, but structural repairs are far more serious.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pro10is View Post
    Wow, that's very hard to believe. In the first pic, not only is the lower hull demolished, it's also separated from the upper hull. And there are cracks in the upper hull as well. A wave caused that? Must have been more like a tsunami.
    Hard racing without ski to ski contact. These pictures came to me from one of the racers there at the time. It created quite the chatter at the race.

My best friend has one, so I'm hoping these are isolated incidents.

+1
    You're not the only one seeing spider cracks in the finish. Sea Doo cheapified the paint system on the 2018 models and there has been a huge number of cases involving spider cracks. Even if Sea Doo replaced your ski, it would happen again in time. I wish you the best of luck, but having dealt with Sea Doo in the past, I have found they will go to the ends of the earth in order to deny a warranty claim. I now drive a Yamaha.

Quote Originally Posted by dan87951 View Post
    ... there has been a huge number of cases involving spider cracks...
    A "huge" number of cases? Please provide some actual facts to back up that statement. I see no sign of that. I have 34 hours on my '18 GTX and the hull is still like new. I don't see anyone else here reporting major cases of spider cracks.

What I see right now are isolated incidents of hull damage due to possible collisions or extreme use such as very hard racing. These factors have caused hull damage in the past.

While I do believe the new hulls may not be not as rugged as prior hulls, I don't believe there is a reason to panic at this point. Let's see what happens this season. If by the end of the season there are still only isolated incidents of damage, then this is not much different from other hulls. There will always be a few cases of hull damage among the thousands upon thousands of units sold. If not widespread or prevalent, then this is normal and to be expected.

Let's give this new hull at least one season of use before condeming it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pro10is View Post
    A "huge" number of cases? Please provide some actual facts to back up that statement. I see no sign of that. I have 34 hours on my '18 GTX and the hull is still like new. I don't see anyone else here reporting major cases of spider cracks.

What I see right now are isolated incidents of hull damage due to possible collisions or extreme use such as very hard racing. These factors have caused hull damage in the past.

While I do believe the new hulls may not be not as rugged as prior hulls, I don't believe there is a reason to panic at this point. Let's see what happens this season. If by the end of the season there are still only isolated incidents of damage, then this is not much different from other hulls. There will always be a few cases of hull damage among the thousands upon thousands of units sold. If not widespread or prevalent, then this is normal and to be expected.

Let's give this new hull at least one season of use before condeming it.
    I'm not here to argue with you. Don't take my word for it. Join the facebook forum and see for yourself. There have been way too many posts regarding this. If you're blinded by the Sea Doo fan boyism that's fine, but the fact is, there is a serious issue going on with Sea Doo's new cheapified paint system.
    Last edited by dan87951; 08-05-2018 at 10:27 AM.

+1
    Five at my ramp alone that I know off.

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1533535100086.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	437718Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1533535093309.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	437719
    From fb.
    Somone says was a repaired ski.

Page 76 of 82 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast

Thread Information