Page 44 of 82 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 820
  1. #431
    Flash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Phoenix Az
    Posts
    553
    +1
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by pro10is View Post
    I do not speak for Shawn. Based upon his bold statements he is his own man and speaks for himself. That's very admirable.


    I never compared it FaceBook or Twitter. Social media is simply defined as "websites and applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking." GreenHulk routinely appears very high up in Google searches for Sea Doo products and issues, so for Personal Watercraft manufacturers and users it is very significant.


    You're being unfairly cynical of me and others here. I, myself also advised Shawn not to post here, well before you did. If he has caused damage to his cause he's done so bravely and with full knowledge of the danger. Again, I greatly admire his convictions. Most people would shy away from publicly posting their battle with a case.


    Few if any here, including Shawn, believe BRP is going to give him a new boat. This was already well established. But perhaps we're being unfair to BRP. Maybe they will decide to do the right thing in some meaningful way. Again, I guess we'll see.


    I agree, based upon my experience with BRP it has been the same. That's what Shawn is trying to fight for everyone here. If we were all as resolute and brave as him I'll bet BRP would change their ways. Even if he doesn't succeed, which is not expected, at least he tried and we should all applaud him for that. But it's not " a few disgruntled owners", it's a lot of disgruntled owners as social media is making clear. BRP would be well advised that brand loyalty is at stake here, and the more they decide to screw their own customers over, the more the word will spread, be it here or elsewhere. If this is not important to them, then for their own sake they are not a very intelligent or competitive company.
    This is exactly the same problem that I had with Kawasaki when they came out with the new Ultra. We were Sea-Doo owners and had bought two skis, one being an rxt and the other a GTX and we were able to sell them because we thought that the ultra was going to be a much better riding ski in open water. It wasn't long before all the complaints started coming in about how bad the gas was getting into the oil chamber and we started having the same problem also. Every time I took the ski out and brought it back and opened the oil cap it reaked with the smell of gas. Kawasaki did nothing and the response we got was to tell the dealer and let the dealer change the oil. That's how they deat with it. Their customer service was horrible and the people were rude and it didn't take me long to see the writing on the wall. So a couple of months after we purchased the skis we sold them to a guy over in Australia. I drove the skis over to long beach and put them on the ship for him and was paid very well for it. I then bought our two Yamaha SHO's and out of all the skis we've owned I can honestly say that I've been the happiest with the Yamaha customer service and the quality in the skis. We never had one problem with our SHO's and we have not had any problems with our 2017 FX SVHO.
    After seeing all the problems that one of the leaders of a watercraft Club in California had with his Sea-Doo and how BRP handled it I can honestly say that I don't think I would ever buy another Sea-Doo.

  2. #432
    stifun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    1,061
    +1
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    This is exactly the same problem that I had with Kawasaki when they came out with the new Ultra. We were Sea-Doo owners and had bought two skis, one being an rxt and the other a GTX and we were able to sell them because we thought that the ultra was going to be a much better riding ski in open water. It wasn't long before all the complaints started coming in about how bad the gas was getting into the oil chamber and we started having the same problem also. Every time I took the ski out and brought it back and opened the oil cap it reaked with the smell of gas. Kawasaki did nothing and the response we got was to tell the dealer and let the dealer change the oil. That's how they deat with it. Their customer service was horrible and the people were rude and it didn't take me long to see the writing on the wall. So a couple of months after we purchased the skis we sold them to a guy over in Australia. I drove the skis over to long beach and put them on the ship for him and was paid very well for it. I then bought our two Yamaha SHO's and out of all the skis we've owned I can honestly say that I've been the happiest with the Yamaha customer service and the quality in the skis. We never had one problem with our SHO's and we have not had any problems with our 2017 FX SVHO.
    After seeing all the problems that one of the leaders of a watercraft Club in California had with his Sea-Doo and how BRP handled it I can honestly say that I don't think I would ever buy another Sea-Doo.
    Yamahas are still I think most reliable across the lineup.

  3. #433
    Titan_Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Pottstown PA
    Posts
    852
    +1
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by stifun View Post
    Yamahas are still I think most reliable across the lineup.
    Except for there structural parts of hulls cracking and supercharger clutches going out


  4. #434
    stifun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    1,061
    +1
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan_Joe View Post
    Except for there structural parts of hulls cracking and supercharger clutches going out
    Gp1800s are the latest problem with there rear section. But come on.... Supercharger clutches go out. I have 140 hours on my 2016 yamaha fzs and I'm tuned and it's still original. No issues....

  5. #435

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Manitoba
    Posts
    279
    +1
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by pro10is View Post
    I do not speak for Shawn. Based upon his bold statements he is his own man and speaks for himself. That's very admirable.


    I never compared it FaceBook or Twitter. Social media is simply defined as "websites and applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking." GreenHulk routinely appears very high up in Google searches for Sea Doo products and issues, so for Personal Watercraft manufacturers and users it is very significant.


    You're being unfairly cynical of me and others here. I, myself also advised Shawn not to post here, well before you did. If he has caused damage to his cause he's done so bravely and with full knowledge of the danger. Again, I greatly admire his convictions. Most people would shy away from publicly posting their battle with a case.


    Few if any here, including Shawn, believe BRP is going to give him a new boat. This was already well established. But perhaps we're being unfair to BRP. Maybe they will decide to do the right thing in some meaningful way. Again, I guess we'll see.


    I agree, based upon my experience with BRP it has been the same. That's what Shawn is trying to fight for everyone here. If we were all as resolute and brave as him I'll bet BRP would change their ways. Even if he doesn't succeed, which is not expected, at least he tried and we should all applaud him for that. But it's not " a few disgruntled owners", it's a lot of disgruntled owners as social media is making clear. BRP would be well advised that brand loyalty is at stake here, and the more they decide to screw their own customers over, the more the word will spread, be it here or elsewhere. If this is not important to them, then for their own sake they are not a very intelligent or competitive company.
    I think what you have to understand is that forums like this are for enthusiasts. If BRP relied on the few hundred people posting here and more particularly the 30 - 40 people who post here regularly like you, they would be out of business.

    If you were facing losing $7,000 in value on a dealer trade like Shawn is and BRP told you to shut your cake hole or they'd stop taking your calls and stop negotiation, you might be foolish enough (or wealthy enough) to keep talking, just to do a "solid" for some other dudes you don't know. If Shawn doesn't understand the risk he is taking, listening to you isn't going to help him.

  6. #436
    Sea-Doo can fucking suck my dick. Is that clear enough? I'm risking nothing. They can request I do whatever they want. Or..... They can fix the issue and not try to strong arm someone that can afford to battle them in court if I want. I've been very fair representing both sides and provided the facts I've been provided. Their last response was "you have 90 days to agree to our repair.". Yeah, that won't happen. And I believe my response to them makes it very clear.

  7. #437
    And also allow me to make this Crystal clear. A new ski is the only true solution. Finanical compensation for lost value is 2nd. Repairing a brand-new unit while stating your policy is to not repair areas not seen while the ski is assembled it total horseshit. They want to act like them repairing the entire top deck is doing me a favor. Please shit up. Your idiots and dealing with you reminds me of insurance companies that have no idea what's going on. Until my last post i have been very unbaised in my responses providing only facts. Now they can deal with a different side. Also, arguing a product is "only minorally damaged " is not a argument that will win a court case. The truth is simple, they made a mistake and they have no idea how to fix it. But being a big business they won't admit that.

  8. #438

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Manitoba
    Posts
    279
    +1
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnjohn View Post
    And also allow me to make this Crystal clear. A new ski is the only true solution. Finanical compensation for lost value is 2nd. Repairing a brand-new unit while stating your policy is to not repair areas not seen while the ski is assembled it total horseshit. They want to act like them repairing the entire top deck is doing me a favor. Please shit up. Your idiots and dealing with you reminds me of insurance companies that have no idea what's going on. Until my last post i have been very unbaised in my responses providing only facts. Now they can deal with a different side. Also, arguing a product is "only minorally damaged " is not a argument that will win a court case. The truth is simple, they made a mistake and they have no idea how to fix it. But being a big business they won't admit that.
    Good luck. You bought the thing and did you bother to read the warranty? They have the option to repair or replace any manufacturer's defect. Its more likely you will be sucking their dicks. You'll spend $10,000 before you get to trial. Your problem (and the costs associated) isn't even a line item on their financial statements. Its mixed in with "sundry items".

  9. #439
    Nahhh. Never read the warranty. They can exercise anything they want. But!!! You have to have an actual solution. Which they do not. They built a ski with materials that cannot properly be repaired. But are trying to push a repair on ppl. Yep, that sure makes sense. Just like collision. It only takes one person or case to open the ability to change things. My position to not allow a repair is backed by proof and education. All they can say "trust us it's a proven repair". Yeah let me jump on board with trusting a company who has factory finish failures on many units, that's reassuring.

  10. #440

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Manitoba
    Posts
    279
    +1
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnjohn View Post
    Nahhh. Never read the warranty. They can exercise anything they want. But!!! You have to have an actual solution. Which they do not. They built a ski with materials that cannot properly be repaired. But are trying to push a repair on ppl. Yep, that sure makes sense. Just like collision. It only takes one person or case to open the ability to change things. My position to not allow a repair is backed by proof and education. All they can say "trust us it's a proven repair". Yeah let me jump on board with trusting a company who has factory finish failures on many units, that's reassuring.
    What's the big deal? The ski has a few spider cracks in the plastic in an area where no one looks. I hope you take this all the way to the SCOTUS. With all the serious crap going on in the world, we need a good laugh these days.

Page 44 of 82 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2017 Wake 155 with 0 hours or 2015 GTX 155 (S3 Hull) with 60 hours?
    By lagoondweller in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-23-2017, 10:43 PM
  2. RXP 300 with 13 hours seeing only 7400 RPM
    By rx4pain in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-29-2016, 03:50 PM
  3. FS 2000 xp with new zero hour motor for sale
    By SUCKMYWAKE in forum Sea Doo 2 Stroke Skis
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-2011, 06:03 PM
  4. FS Riva 840cc 6mm Stroker Motor - Fresh with Zero Hours
    By seatsR4toilets in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 03:52 PM
  5. FS Brand new carbon ring, support ring, bellow with zero hours for sale.
    By KeithKman in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-13-2010, 02:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •