Page 39 of 82 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    Got word back. Brp said they will refinish the entire top deck ( a correct repair process ) but you cannot out bondo on a jetski. I'm still unsure why they keep trying to push that repair. Here are a few reasons as stated earlier that you should not do it. The material currently flexs. Bondo or bodyfiller is solid with no flex. It doesn't react to temps the same as the material currently there. Bondo and bodyfiller will expand/contract and crack with temp changes. Which is why no reputable shop will put bondo on hoods of cars and auto manufactures place very limits on thickness allowances. Oh and they then asked that I post they resolved the issue. You want that posted, resolve the god damn issue! Your machine was fansged before it touched water. It was noticed when barely on the water. Since then the cracking has become worse and spread to new areas. The ski now has 7hrs because I'm not paying for something I cannot use until you wake up and realize you have two options. Replace the unit. Or compensate for the severe loss of value in the ski. Everyone that thinks I'm being unreasonable, thanks for your opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnjohn View Post
    Got word back. Brp said they will refinish the entire top deck ( a correct repair process ) but you cannot out bondo on a jetski. I'm still unsure why they keep trying to push that repair. Here are a few reasons as stated earlier that you should not do it. The material currently flexs. Bondo or bodyfiller is solid with no flex. It doesn't react to temps the same as the material currently there. Bondo and bodyfiller will expand/contract and crack with temp changes. Which is why no reputable shop will put bondo on hoods of cars and auto manufactures place very limits on thickness allowances. Oh and they then asked that I post they resolved the issue. You want that posted, resolve the god damn issue! Your machine was fansged before it touched water. It was noticed when barely on the water. Since then the cracking has become worse and spread to new areas. The ski now has 7hrs because I'm not paying for something I cannot use until you wake up and realize you have two options. Replace the unit. Or compensate for the severe loss of value in the ski. Everyone that thinks I'm being unreasonable, thanks for your opinions.
    You're definitely not being unreasonable. You paid your hard earned money for a brand new, non-defective boat, anything else is a compromise which you must agree to, not have it forced upon you. They have no right to do that. As long as you're in disagreement concerning their offer, this case is not resolved.

The reason they keep trying to push the repair is because that is their least expensive way out. They are not the least bit concerned about the long term results and will not fix it again when the repair fails. This I know for a fact, first hand, for reasons I previously explained.

So far this is going down exactly like my nightmare case did. They haven't changed a bit since 2010 when it comes to customer satisfaction, even when the fault is entirely theirs.

Hang tough.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pro10is View Post
    You're definitely not being unreasonable. You paid your hard earned money for a brand new, non-defective boat, anything else is a compromise which you must agree to, not have it forced upon you. They have no right to do that. As long as you're in disagreement concerning their offer, this case is not resolved.

The reason they keep trying to push the repair is because that is their least expensive way out. They are not the least bit concerned about the long term results and will not fix it again when the repair fails. This I know for a fact, first hand, for reasons I previously explained.

So far this is going down exactly like my nightmare case did. They haven't changed a bit since 2010 when it comes to customer satisfaction, even when the fault is entirely theirs.

Hang tough.
    This resolution would work for a person who doesn't know anything about repair processes. But, they're not going to get away with this when a person is educated on the process like my buddy Shawn is. They think that they can repair a ski that they know is gonna fuck up later and then clean their hands from the process and say, "oh, well we repaired your ski and now it's not our responsibility." It's a shame a Multi-billion dollar company like BRP is this STUPID to not give a properly educated consumer what they want. I'll tell you what, they're gonna get burned if they don't make things right.

I hope BRP loses a lot of market share and loses a lot of money on their new lineups if they don't make customers happy for their problematic and poorly made ski's. It is completely unacceptable to treat customers like crap when they are the ones who keep your business running and enthusiasts keep their brand alive. WTF?!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnjohn View Post
    You're not being unreasonable in my view, Shawn. Clearly, the dealer is at fault for not ensuring the gas cap was securely fastened after they fueled the ski before you took delivery, resulting in said damage. If it were up to me, I'd replace the unit and provide some form of compensation for your troubles. This is what BRP/dealership should do.

Quote Originally Posted by stifun View Post
    This resolution would work for a person who doesn't know anything about repair processes. But, they're not going to get away with this when a person is educated on the process like my buddy Shawn is. They think that they can repair a ski that they know is gonna fuck up later and then clean their hands from the process and say, "oh, well we repaired your ski and now it's not our responsibility." It's a shame a Multi-billion dollar company like BRP is this STUPID to not give a properly educated consumer what they want. I'll tell you what, they're gonna get burned if they don't make things right.

I hope BRP loses a lot of market share and loses a lot of money on their new lineups if they don't make customers happy for their problematic and poorly made ski's. It is completely unacceptable to treat customers like crap when they are the ones who keep your business running and enthusiasts keep their brand alive. WTF?!!!
    You hit the nail right on the head when you said they could get away with it with a person who doesn't know anything about repair processes. Hell, I knew better and I still let them repair mine, with a terrible result. That'll never happen again. I even asked them what they would do if the repair failed and they replied "We'll cross that bridge if we come to it". Well it came to it and I had to cross that bridge alone.

But they'll push a repair on anyone who will listen. Attempting a short term appeasement is short sighted in this day and age of social media where saving a few dollars by pushing a repair creates very angry customers who share their experiences online in the long term. This thread alone is proof of that. A company is only as good as their reputation. Loss of brand loyalty can be devastating to sales.

+1
    You hit the nail right on the head when you said they could get away with it with a person who doesn't know anything about repair processes. Hell, I knew better and I still let them repair mine, with a terrible result. That'll never happen again. I even asked them what they would do if the repair failed and they replied "We'll cross that bridge if we come to it". Well it came to it and I had to cross that bridge alone.

But they'll push a repair on anyone who will listen. Attempting a short term appeasement is short sighted in this day and age of social media where saving a few dollars by pushing a repair creates very angry customers who share their experiences online in the long term. This thread alone is proof of that. A company is only as good as their reputation. Loss of brand loyalty can be devastating to sales.
    I'll tell you what, I rode Shawn's ski this weekend and it's an amazing machine! One that I would consider buying without question. But, after seeing how BRP treats their consumers I'm not gonna be looking at their skis until I see what they do with this situation. Because who's to know if I'm stuck in his position when I buy one? I don't want to deal with headaches from BRP. No thanks...

I'm not shifting from my position have not from the start. They need to learn just like insurance companies are right now that consumers are becoming more educated and with objects costing much higher prices are starting to stand up more. Please note, as stated before. I'm not just fighting for me at this point. It's for everyone with these skies. This is horseshit and unacceptable.

9. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    You're not being unreasonable in my view, Shawn. Clearly, the dealer is at fault for not ensuring the gas cap was securely fastened after they fueled the ski before you took delivery, resulting in said damage. If it were up to me, I'd replace the unit and provide some form of compensation for your troubles. This is what BRP/dealership should do.
    I completely agree. But apparently BRP is TOO STUPID to do what's right for Shawn. I hope BRP associates are reading this thread, because you guys better make it right or you will lose a lot of sales because of it. People on this forum are passionate with their ski's and brands, but in instances like this you will lose loyal customers based on your actions.

+1

Hang tough.
    If anyone at BRP actually thought it through, they would realize this is the NOT the least expensive way out..! If they had swapped machines immediately it likely wouldn't have gone much further - certainly
    not to the extent it's stirred up in here (and enough that BRP requested a post!), The damaged machine could have been used as a demo or repaired on their own (unless of course they realize a repair will
    not last and they can't sell the machine with the new owner coming back as well) and then sold later. Would this set a precedent? Perhaps but you might be dealing with minor numbers. Now you're likely
    dealing with a big number of customers who will use a magnifying glass to inspect their new machines before taking delivery. In my opinion they would be getting off real cheap if they sold the unit as is
    for $5 and closed the deal - or to be realistic immediately offered $5,000 (or more) to OP.

Is it not worth $5000 to NOT have this much bad publicity? $5,000 is one CEO luncheon.

As always, bean counters rule the day and they can't look at anything other than a number.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jamalama View Post
    If anyone at BRP actually thought it through, they would realize this is the NOT the least expensive way out..! If they had swapped machines immediately it likely wouldn't have gone much further - certainly
    not to the extent it's stirred up in here (and enough that BRP requested a post!), The damaged machine could have been used as a demo or repaired on their own (unless of course they realize a repair will
    not last and they can't sell the machine with the new owner coming back as well) and then sold later. Would this set a precedent? Perhaps but you might be dealing with minor numbers. Now you're likely
    dealing with a big number of customers who will use a magnifying glass to inspect their new machines before taking delivery. In my opinion they would be getting off real cheap if they sold the unit as is
    for $5 and closed the deal - or to be realistic immediately offered $5,000 (or more) to OP.

Is it not worth $5000 to NOT have this much bad publicity? $5,000 is one CEO luncheon.

As always, bean counters rule the day and they can't look at anything other than a number.
    I agree. I would've taken the ski back as is, attempt to sell it and I'm sure someone will buy it at a cheaper price based on it's condition. And given the OP a brand new ski for his troubles, that is the LEAST they could do! Now the OP deserves a NEW SKI and compensation for putting up with the BULLSHIT BRP has given him. Poor BRP Customer Care service experience and ignorant repair processes that will not fix his issues on a 17k dollar ski.

13. +1 by:

Page 39 of 82 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread Information