Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

+1
    You guys are a bunch of babies lol. The camper weighs a whopping 1700lbs and the ski with trailer is right at 800lbs. Its by no means an unsafe or bad setup, and it towed just fine. I now have a tandem ski trailer that added a GP to it and would by no means ever pull like this. The tandem with 2 skis would be way too heavy for the back of the camper.
    Normal speed was 70 and pulled just fine the whole way. (240 miles) I tow trailers for a living and have driven 85mph with a tandem axle utility trailer loaded with 4000lbs (With this truck) absolutely no problems..

When towing the ski alone, we travel at 80mph which is traffic speed. I would recommend making sure your tires are rated at such speeds.

And LOL at the Ford comment. In your sig i see you drive government motors, no wonder why you cant go over 65.

+1
    It may pull it fine, but guaranteed when you have to stop in a hurry you will be looking out your side window and seeing the side of your ski. Same reason why atrains are illegal now in most states and provinces. Going ok, stopping in a straight line not so good.

I do 80 mph towing a double.

I'm more concerned about the quality of the axles on the camper. Getting to a safe stop is tough enough when a regular trailer setup frags an axle, loses a wheel, or just plain falls apart.

The average camper is very poorly made. Expecting a budget model camper to also tow yet another trailer, of also questionable quality?

If think this is the part where I start singing about spanish ladies.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper9789 View Post
    You guys are a bunch of babies lol. The camper weighs a whopping 1700lbs and the ski with trailer is right at 800lbs. Its by no means an unsafe or bad setup, and it towed just fine. I now have a tandem ski trailer that added a GP to it and would by no means ever pull like this. The tandem with 2 skis would be way too heavy for the back of the camper.
    Normal speed was 70 and pulled just fine the whole way. (240 miles) I tow trailers for a living and have driven 85mph with a tandem axle utility trailer loaded with 4000lbs (With this truck) absolutely no problems..

When towing the ski alone, we travel at 80mph which is traffic speed.
    And LOL at the Ford comment. In your sig i see you drive government motors, no wonder why you cant go over 65.
    What could possibly go wrong?

+1
    Trucks towing travel trailers towing a small flat trailer with a golf kart on it is a common sight around here. What is messed up is when they have the kart strapped down on the back of the flat trailer against the gate. You can see from the way it pulls and sways that there is zero tongue weight on the golf kart trailer. And they canít figure out why it sways all over the road.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information