Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dave,
    "You'll either have to remove stater from the front of the motor or the wires from the electric box." I assume the oil pump is attached to a plate on front of motor, stator is behind plate? Where is electric box? which is easiest to remove? Hope to remove motor this Saturday--going to be 45 degrees here in NY woo hoo!
    great advice on shims, sounds like we need to put engine back in EXACTLY where it sits to align coupler correctly.

+1
    Atlantic jet sports sells a complete top-end kit for around $1200.Find a cylinder and away you go.GOT TO FIND why it melted down.Oil line,air leak and or carb problems.Make sure you pressure test before you reinstall.

slower lower Delaware. And have a cottage on finger lake in upstate NY.
    +1
    Matthew, the pump is mounted to the front cover and the stater is behind the front cover. Removing the front cover is probably the easiest way as removal from the E box means keep track and marking about 8 wires.
    Do you have a manual? If not go on line and get one you'll want it and need it. Should be able to find downloadable and hard copy online and ebay

slower lower Delaware. And have a cottage on finger lake in upstate NY.
    +1
    Matthew, where abouts in NY are you. I'm from LeRoy, west of Rochester. Have a summer place on lake consesus.

+1
    Those piston parts went somewhere.Gotta have that crank cleaned by somebody who knows how to do it.You can get a rebuild motor with a warranty.Check the interweb.You can get the carbs done by one of the guys here.I hope you got this ski cheap! LOL I been here before myself.Don't half ass it if your gonna keep it.
    BTW you can take the motor out with stator on as long as you lay the electric box on the motor after unhooking the starter+ and - If its like my 2000 XLT

Guys,
    Thanks for your help! I'm in Long Island NY. I'll be removing engine tomorrow --supposed to be 50 degrees here! I'll see what you guys are talking about the stator and electric box after I remove air plenum and oil pump. I assume I take carbs off first before and disco the oil lines before attacking anything else? Im in contact with a rebuilder out east on Long island for estimates on a rebuild and carb rebuild and rejet for Dplate installation. BTW-I'm very on the fence about re installing the oil injection. Seems pre mix is safer and wont have to change oil lines every few years. Thoughts on engine removal steps and pre mix vs injection? Thanks again!

+1
    You can leave the ebox in the ski, there is a plug from the stator to the ebox. Easy peasy. As for getting the engine out, you can leave the carbs on if you lift the engine out nose first, and reinstall it in the hull coupler first. (Comes in and goes out vertical). Its preferable to install as much on the engine as possible before installing it in the hull. Also, change oil lines over to tygon, and use oetiker clamps. Makes it bulletproof. The 1200 PV engine is very reliable if the basic reliability mods are done to it.

+1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information