Thread: 2014 lmited 242

+1

2014 lmited 242

Hello, after 13 years im back. This time its not making my gp1300 as fast as possible. I now have 3 kids and a wife and am looking at a 2014 242 Limited. I'd like to know what experiences you guys have had with them. I have minimal knowledge about the new 4 strokes. I believe it has the twin 1812 cc HO 4 strokes.

My main concerns are the engines and how durable they are or if they have had any issues.

Any reviews on the actual boat itself?

Thanks in advanced,
    Travis

+1
    I doubt you will have any trouble with that motor its one of the most reliable out there. Simple regular maintenance and you will be good for years to come.

+1
    thanks rpb. a few more good reviews will push me into a new boat!

What did you do?

+1
    Those engines are bullet proof. Are the engine NA or super charged?

The bigger question.....is this the right boat for you and your family? What type of boating do you want to do and where? How old are the kids?

These large jet boats seem to be growing in popularity. They are maneuverable and having two engines adds to a lot of diversity. If you are planning to beach a lot, it’s not a bad option, but not the best either.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDR View Post
    Those engines are bullet proof. Are the engine NA or super charged?

The bigger question.....is this the right boat for you and your family? What type of boating do you want to do and where? How old are the kids?

These large jet boats seem to be growing in popularity. They are maneuverable and having two engines adds to a lot of diversity. If you are planning to The only offerbeach a lot, it’s not a bad option, but not the best either.
    The Yamaha boats are great. A neighbor had one and after being on the water with them I had to get one for the family.

They only offer SVHO in 19 footer. I would love to see a 212R with a pair of SVHO's. I probably wouldn't be in the market for it, but would be curious how fast they would be.

+1
    Iíve started to look for a smaller Yami jet boat as well.
    out on the Delta the water can be as shallow as a couple feet during low tide.
    you never notice it on the skis but in my Cobalt you get the depth sounder all the time.
    Whats the shortest Yami you can get with the Twin 1.8ís?

Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    I’ve started to look for a smaller Yami jet boat as well.
    out on the Delta the water can be as shallow as a couple feet during low tide.
    you never notice it on the skis but in my Cobalt you get the depth sounder all the time.
    Whats the shortest Yami you can get with the Twin 1.8’s?
    21 in a 212x.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by not2fast View Post
    21 in a 212x.
    Yep
    Im all over this.
    id like to get something a year or two old-maybe a demo.
    Yami did a nice job on the jet boats, much better quality than I expected.

I hope you guys don't mind me throwing in an opinion in this forum. I have been active in the GPR forums, but have since purchased a 242LS.

What a monster, it's not a small boat for sure. But it is amazing how much juice those twin 1.8's put out. I should have my man card taken away for saying it, but I have not found the need for more Hp yet. We will once I get the hang of it. I can get up over 40 easily with a full 11 people on board and 50 gallons of fuel!!! I cannot imagine what a pair of SVHO's would do, other than burn way more fuel.

So far, we are in love with the layout, the power, and the ride. I hope to do some more tubing, boarding and hopefully surfing this weekend. As soon as Mother Nature decides to play ball in MN.

I was in the same mindset as above, I started looking for a 2012+ 212x so that I could get the better hull design, and 1.8 engines without the huge price jump of the 2015+ boats. We ended up with a 242LS, as we got an amazing deal, and I know the two previous owners from Jetboaters.net forum. So history/provenance was gold in this situation. Let alone they did every farkle that I would have done to the boat costing me way more money.

I came here looking at what guys have done for performance mods. But what I am finding is that the impellers, intakes, engines are fantastic stock. And most do very little as the performance is excellent bone stock. Do your oil changes and keep the fuel fresh.

Good luck, and fire back any questions you may have.

Thread Information