Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WakePirate View Post
    pretty much same info i got from JesusGarcia at Riva. i will run it and see what RPMs im at. and go from there. he said im good on stock valve train until 8600rpm. said the same thing about being unhooked from the water. just told me to stay hooked or off the throttle when airborn.

i will give it a shot. and will be looking in to retainer, springs kit. might as well do the springs as well. all once and together. i wish we had more jetski tuners in my area. looks like im on my own for internal engine mods... thanks guys. once i get some testing done ill post up on My Experience & Progress thread.
    My general thought is most of the Tune paths are pretty solid from Jesus as long as you stay with the recommend parts list and as long as there is no existing issue. But I would definitely get an 02 sensor once you get up past the 8200-8300 rpm level to be on the safe side. I'm seeing close to 100% injectors at 8200 @ 13psi @ 12.6 AFR as reported in my Motec logs and this is on a bone stock PX300.

2. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    My general thought is most of the Tune paths are pretty solid from Jesus as long as you stay with the recommend parts list and as long as there is no existing issue. But I would definitely get an 02 sensor once you get up past the 8200-8300 rpm level to be on the safe side. I'm seeing close to 100% injectors at 8200 @ 13psi @ 12.6 AFR as reported in my Motec logs and this is on a bone stock PX300.
    dang... it sure does get expensive to push more serious power. ill try the 8500 tune and see where im at. may end up going back to 8300 tune "bone stock tune" until i get more funds for the next step. looks like that list of parts is growing. lol. maybe mid summer ill get it to a safe stage 2 setup. by then maybe people will have results on the new solas as well...

+1
    depitch the stock prop, it’s way better than the 15/19 Skat.

Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    Always Baseline your own Set up.... Weather and altitude are different and change the way your ski needs to be fine tuned.
    Okay so I finally got it on the water! '17 GTX Limited w/ Powerfilter and 8300 tune.

8080rpm @ 75/76mph. Temp was low 80's w/ decent humidity. 1/2 tank of gas.

Hole shots feel a little lackluster (but maybe I'm just used to the motorcycle)... What do you guys suggest for the stock prop? And what would that do to my top speed?

+1
    Did you do take the intake manifold flame arrestor out? What tune did you flash with?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pete1665 View Post
    Okay so I finally got it on the water! '17 GTX Limited w/ Powerfilter and 8300 tune.

8080rpm @ 75/76mph. Temp was low 80's w/ decent humidity. 1/2 tank of gas.

Hole shots feel a little lackluster (but maybe I'm just used to the motorcycle)... What do you guys suggest for the stock prop? And what would that do to my top speed?
    This is a few times now I've heard of lackluster hole shot after flashing and intake... I don't have anything conclusive yet but i'm just starting to wonder about a few things. Anyways my TX shoots out of the hole like a rocket, especially compared to my flashed PX300 but it the px is heavier and quite a bit more hours...no intake or anything...but I think I'm going to put the flash back to stock and see what happens.

I personally love the stock props on the 300s... I've tried a few pitches and skat 3 blade and I keep going back to bone stock prop...maybe as it warms up I may take some pitch out but for now the bone stock prop works great far as I'm concerned.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by AZRIVERBOY View Post
    Did you do take the intake manifold flame arrestor out? What tune did you flash with?
    Nope just the powerfilter, and Maptuner "Stock300+ Powerfilter 8300" tune. I'm still on the fence about doing the IMUK. Mainly because I don't feel like doing the work or spending the money. Is it a big improvement?

This is a few times now I've heard of lackluster hole shot after flashing and intake... I don't have anything conclusive yet but i'm just starting to wonder about a few things. Anyways my TX shoots out of the hole like a rocket, especially compared to my flashed PX300 but it the px is heavier and quite a bit more hours...no intake or anything...but I think I'm going to put the flash back to stock and see what happens.

I personally love the stock props on the 300s... I've tried a few pitches and skat 3 blade and I keep going back to bone stock prop...maybe as it warms up I may take some pitch out but for now the bone stock prop works great far as I'm concerned.
    What is it you're wondering about? And yeah I've seen a few people say that the stock prop is pretty good on these things. Maybe I won't mess with it for now.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information