Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    +1

Not Happy with Paint/Finish of my 2018 RXP-X (Gray)

I drove by my local dealer with my ski 2 weeks ago for the Service Dept. to take a look at my ski for the paint/finish concerns I have with it. Color is dull, does not have a deep gloss as it should. My 04 PX finish was superior to my 18 PX. An Addition, there a numerous small dents/impressions throughout the whole cap/top sides of the ski. I over flowed fuel once and the paint immediately started to chalk up and stain where gas touched the painted/gel coated surfaces. I must have gotten a Lemon or a PX that Quality Control missed. Dealer nor BRP has gotten back with me since. How should I be proceeding this issue?

I will upload some high quality pictures tomorrow for you guys to take a look at it.

+1
    I am planning on buying a 2018 RXP, so this thread and some of the others are really concerning to me. The top deck is no longer gel coat. It is supposed to offer a better more durable finish......Doesn't sound like it is working as hoped. There are other threads that deal directly with the gas spill issue and the glossy plastic parts.

Quote Originally Posted by BallaRXP View Post
    I drove by my local dealer with my ski 2 weeks ago for the Service Dept. to take a look at my ski for the paint/finish concerns I have with it. Color is dull, does not have a deep gloss as it should. My 04 PX finish was superior to my 18 PX. An Addition, there a numerous small dents/impressions throughout the whole cap/top sides of the ski. I over flowed fuel once and the paint immediately started to chalk up and stain where gas touched the painted/gel coated surfaces. I must have gotten a Lemon or a PX that Quality Control missed. Dealer nor BRP has gotten back with me since. How should I be proceeding this issue?

I will upload some high quality pictures tomorrow for you guys to take a look at it.
    Same thing happend with Gtr x series last year,thats because brp changed the composition and painting(gelcoat) style on the top deck
    Verry disapointed with brp regarding this!!!

+1
    I noticed the exact same thing at the dealers, the yellow right next to it however seemed much better. there were loads of little ripples around the nose area on the grey that weren't visible on the yellow.

+1
    The only thing i have found on my ski that is less then satisfactory, is in the foot wells. on the inside edge up on front half. its only the edge. what looks to be like stress marks under the clear coat. i figured it is from the machines that make the mold/shape of it. i think during the stamping. i figure they take a sheet of this stuff that is already dyed to the ski color, then stamp it. (like they do to aluminum stuff, lic plates etc) then this plastic pay not even be painted. just seems like they have the outer layer made to color, then after stamping they just add clear? or maybe clear with flakes? or maybe they do add a thin layer of paint then clear. not sure.

any way, other then that i got no complains really. i did put on ceramic coating. and that added me quite a bit of glossy shine. noticeably more!

+1
    also i will add, that in the auto painting world. every one knows that almost all shades of silver and metallic grey, are by far the hardest to work with. just a light change in air pressure or even angle change of the gun may be visible in the results. and is almost impossible to touch up or match up again. other colors are much more easy to match up. but silvers are a pain in the ass.

That is why you can see these imperfections more so, then on the yellow one. but im sure that the yellow one has the same thing. just less visible do to the color.

+1
    Same with my 17. Gel coat is shit and paper thin. I hate to say it but this will probably be my last seadoo.

+1
    Dealer called me back today. BRP will repair 1 sections by the transom deck. They left out the bow, foot wells, and gas residue issues. I asked if they had a paint booth at their dealership they couldn't give me an answer..lol Sand, Epoxy fill voids/dimples, 3-Stage Paint. All outside in the dust I assume...

Not happy where this is going. I'd expect them to step up to the plate and either have a professional body shop re-paint and clear my ski or give me a New Ski. yes Yellow ski's do not show the imperfections like the gray skis.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BallaRXP View Post
    I'd expect them to step up to the plate and either have a professional body shop re-paint and clear my ski or give me a New Ski.
    Not gonna happen.

+1
    Here's some pictures with my Cannon T7i. Only about 1/4 of the imperfections show up on camera. Footwells are impossible to get on camera. Its basically the inside of the mold and dimples every 2". And the fibers of the fiberglass pushing through into the paint. Terrible.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0463.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	426354   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0468.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	426360   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0482.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	426356   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0477.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	426357   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0476.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	426358   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0473.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	426359  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0466.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	426361   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0465.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	426362   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0464.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	426364   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0472.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	426365  

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information