Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Guess who’s showing up second when you goob el Polaris emm repairs now?

And pics of the top hit indicates the business runs out of a ups store

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    Guess who’s showing up second when you [Google] Polaris emm repairs now?
    Google search results are affected by prior search history, region, and other factors.

My Google search result shows the other guy at the top

+1
    I should have been more specific

The favored company is now shown second

Before yesterday it wasn’t even on the first page when I searched

With some more tweaks people might be calling him first and saving themselves a lot of potential grief down the road

Just got my repaired EMM back from Darrin. Put it in the ski this past weekend and it fired right up. Great service, quick turnaround (as far as I was concerned) and good communication.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by UnityRacing View Post
    ... the ability to update the firmware in the EMM?

... worth of a repair for ...

I'd rather go with [H]... AND a warranty.
    Unclear why this post was not refuted earlier. My bad, I suppose.

Lakeside does excellent EMM repair work. Darrin has developed multiple Ficht EMM specific repair methods, researched and refined far beyond what has been posted here. Many hours of investigation and experiments allows repairing previously ‘unrepairable’ EMM, many of which were rejected by H.

There is no comparison between the caliber of work provided by Lakeside Tech and the hack results offered by H.

I have seen many examples of very poor work product by H. H repaired EMM often fail again. When they do, H may declare the EMM ‘fried’ and unrepairable. Often the reason for the subsequent failure is the crude methods used by H in the first repair.

Aggravated by the thick ‘glue’ used to ‘seal’ the repaired EMM itself causing damage when the EMM needs to be re-opened. Which it often does, because the first repair was badly done.

A lot of the H repaired Ficht EMM end up going to Lakeside when they again fail. These after-H repairs require Lakeside to do a lot more work as the EMM after H has been in there is now very fragile. The glue often tears small parts from the circuit board and damages the copper traces.

I consider any Ficht EMM that H has worked on to be a liability, with potential to fail (again) at any moment.

Lakeside Tech’s customer responsiveness, repair quality, warranty and post repair customer support is regularly applauded.

The repair work is properly done, including upgrades to known weak components even if they had not yet failed. After testing the EMM is resealed using the same gel as OEM factory. This gel does not create damage risk if a re-repair is ever needed. Which sometimes happens but is a very low percentage of the units Lakeside works on.

It is informative that Lakeside is where DFI now sends referrals for PWC Ficht EMM repair.

The ‘firmware upgrade’ from H is a mirage. It is unclear exactly what parameters he is overriding but the results include no change in wide open engine power or speed.

A properly repaired ‘stock’ EMM works very well, the Ficht engine has linear and strong throttle response. It works well. This is what Lakeside provides.

Lakeside can install any firmware version on any EMM, including converting a two cylinder EMM to three or vice-versa. The most appropriate firmware for your particular engine will be provided.

6. +1 by:

+1
    I’ll stand right up and nod my head in full agreement with K447

If you don’t know me I’ve run a profitable PWC shop in New Mexico for the last 12 years and was pretty much the only shop in the state that would touch an injected two stroke

Having been a solid customer of DFI from the very beginning, when DFI stopped dealing with skis I took a deep breath and sent a couple of Emms to lakeside after seeing a new trustworthy source to get these repaired.

After nearly 20 years in high tech digital imaging for a well known Japanese company in both software and hardware development and support I have a very finely tuned bs meter.
    I knew of others advertising repairs but knew better then risking my reputation

I was not disappointed by lakeside and neither were my customers. To be frank my only disappointment was the trade dropped off so much in these repairs I couldn’t leverage a better discount as I wasn’t send five or more emms a month in for repair

During the peak of the Polaris /Kawasaki age I was sending ten a month to DFI from users all over the world who found my website for emms and seadoo dess keys

We actually had a small Polaris dealership in our little lake town of 1200 at one time and they sold a load of injected skis so I got into the fray quickly

You would be -foolish- to send your emm to anybody else after doing the legwork to be sure the emm is toast

While more often then not the emm IS the issue solid troubleshooting save you time and money and to that end you don’t find any better diagnosticians of the mysterious black box then those here on Green Hulk.

Lakeside not only can repair these emms but also knows about all other issues that can spoof you into thinking your emm is bad.

Yeah I’m cheerleading, but I believe at this point in my career I’m entitled to do so

Use an agm battery and keep the cables tight for your best results

And no jump starting !

That’s one of the top five reasons an emm fails

8. +1 by:

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information