Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast
    +1

My experiences and progress of my 18' RXTX

INTRO
    some of you have asked me for a review of what i thought the new Seadoo is. here is my take on it. this is purely my opinion. I will do my best to be picture heavy! so with out further ado...

PWC

So, on December 9th 2017. I took ownership of my pre-ordered machine!
    i opted for the Ice Metal/ Lava Red RXTX 300. W/speakers.
    according to the Dealer, I am the first Person in OR and WA to have taken ownership of this new Model. kinda cool sounding dont you think?
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=267616

TRAILER
    A few weeks prior to that, NOV 18th i had picked up my 2018 Triton Trailer LTWCI-TX.
    this trailer is amazing, i get complements on it all the time. its not very popular here in Oregon. most people just get what there dealers stock.
    the quality is amazing. and features are second to none. how ever there is one part of the single place trailer that i have found a flawed design in.
    and that is the rear corner side steps or what ever they are. they stick up and are fairly sharp. I have read of some that have solutions to prevent the hull to be scratched or damaged if for what ever reason you get off line when getting on and off the trailer. more about my solution later.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7215.jpg 
Views:	473 
Size:	127.7 KB 
ID:	426123

Name:	IMG_7236.jpg 
Views:	426 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	426124

Name:	IMG_7237.jpg 
Views:	432 
Size:	108.1 KB 
ID:	426125

PRODUCTS
    A few things i got first to start off my season.
    -GRF Racing Catch can
    -Groco Water Strainer
    -VV Ceramic Coating
    -Pre-Ordered Scom
    all these thanks to Jerry! From Greenhulk Store

i plan on getting more things. but when i do ill post up as i go.

Review
    for now i will start out with a little review of the ski. i took it out this past Sunday for the first time. she tasted water and loved it!
    In my area, most people are buying and going out on snowmobiles. while i get a free unused dock to take out my ski. 41*F out, did not get a water temp reading sorry. it was lightly raining as well. i almost canceled but ehhh, i stayed up tell 2am re-assembling my ski. (more on that later lol) so i figured im got to go out no backing out now. i was going to bring my gopro, but because of rain i opted to leave it at home.

because this is a seadoo section, i will do my best to compare this ski to other seadoo's i have ridden in the past.
    to start out i would say it feels about 60-70% like a rxp. more so when up on plain. the rest would be like the rxt.
    -when idling around docks, its very stable. i even counter lean a little with my body expecting it to roll like a px. but it does not roll. very flat like. i love that. i have kids and that gives me so much condense loading and off loading them with out them falling down. the out going TX has some roll but then slows down the more you lean. this one is different. hard to describe. but i think you will understand. i have found idle to be at 1700 rpm.
    -cruising is about the same. stable, and fairly dry ride. i cruised at about 20-30mph, trim in center position. water conditions fairly flat. light ripples from some light side wind. one thing i do like is that the water from the rear does not fill the foot wells when breaking or reducing speed. on some skis in the past you would get them filled up from the rear. these are deep wells for your feet. so it was a concern at first. yes you can trim up and launch it to get the water out. but sometimes its about staying dry. i will add, that the center of gravity is nice. you sit fairly deep in to the deck. seat is low, and it all just works great. the ergo fits me good. i love it! second hand for me coming from a sportbike background. one huge noticeable feature compared to Yamaha and most other brands is how narrow the area is between your knees. takes a lot of stress and pain from hips on long rides.
    -IBR is very responsive. and im comparing to the first gen ibr. it is a little louder then on the previous gens, but not by much. when i read other reviews they made it sound like its a freight train sound... the Neutral is very nice. for me i did not feel the need to adjust it. but i only took it out once. so may change.
    -TOP Speed in the first hour let me hit 7360 rpm. i did not have a digital GPS, and im still getting used to the dash settings. but on the analog speedometer. i got about 64/65 mph. trimmed all the way up. and about 60-61 mph on the center level trim.
    i cant really say much about performance other then that yet. its held back. so there is not much i can say until it opens up.
    -Turning is amazing. i feel its better then the outgoing model noticeably. i really liked center possession for trim. so i stayed there most of the time. trimming down makes it a little more wet ride. and well i did not want to risk falling in. so i did some moderate testing. that being said, this thing will not mind throwing you off and continue the turn without you lol. ok being sarcastic, sort of. this thing is as if its on rails. i know the term is used a lot. but honestly it grips the water very good. and i feel i will give before the ski will. trim up a little and its more playful. trim down and its closed course territory. it does not feel as big as most say it looks. i quickly forgot the size of it. and really felt it similar in feel to the PX.
    -Jumping, have not done it yet. will have a follow up review later on.
    for now this is what i felt in the first hour of taking her out. that and the cold rain on my face.

Name:	IMG_0080.jpg 
Views:	495 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	426126

Name:	IMG_7603.jpg 
Views:	436 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	426127

Name:	IMG_7602.jpg 
Views:	387 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	426128

i will post up here more reviews of my ski, what i have done to it, and my personal experiences. so stay tuned!
    up next i will post my trailer issue and solution, and my water strainer install location and why i did it there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2390 (1).jpg 
Views:	2915 
Size:	134.6 KB 
ID:	426120   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2407.jpg 
Views:	2918 
Size:	124.7 KB 
ID:	426121   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2511 1.jpg 
Views:	2923 
Size:	130.9 KB 
ID:	426122  
    Last edited by WakePirate; 01-08-2018 at 02:17 PM.

+1

about the trailer.
    I found a dealer up north. seattle, wa area. that sells them at a smoking good price. went up there to pick it up. we got 2 of them. one for me and one for my brother. as you see in the first post pictures, we got them home took them apart and just went threw and lightly polished the aluminum. so it lasts longer, looks better, repels water better, and because we had nothing better to do. i wont go in to much detail about review. its a great trailer, and most of you know that all ready.

here is my issue with it. the rear corner steps on the trailer stick up. and if for what ever reason you are off your line when boarding and dismounting the trailer, you are at risk of bumping in to them. they are rather sharp. i have scratched my leg once when walking around it once.
    so here is what i did.

Name:	IMG_7231.jpg 
Views:	324 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	426129

Name:	IMG_7234.JPG 
Views:	329 
Size:	131.2 KB 
ID:	426130

Name:	IMG_7235.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	426131

Name:	IMG_7490.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	426132

Name:	IMG_7493.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	426133

Name:	IMG_7494.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	426134

Name:	IMG_7506.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	426135

Name:	IMG_7505.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	426136

Name:	IMG_7492.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	426137

Name:	IMG_7491.jpg 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	426138

I pressed in a hard plastic tube thing/spacer I found at a local hardware store. Was the right length and width. With this in there the rubber puck will spin a little with some light force. Used all stainless hardware.
    Grinder down and buffed a little the corners to give it clearance. Rounded the edges on the out side. As well. I love how it turned out!

+1

up next i did the oil catch can and strainer. the catch can installs the same as before. nothing new other then a shorter bracket for the 2018 model. with a look for hoisting your motor out if needed. I used half of the original line. It had a good bend in it. So I routed it between 2 water box lines

Name:	IMG_7401.jpg 
Views:	346 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	426139

Name:	IMG_7408.jpg 
Views:	389 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	426140

Name:	IMG_7411.jpg 
Views:	383 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	426141

the strainer i choose to mount to the port side of the engine bay. right about the waterbox. the reason is that with the top deck plate that the new ST3 platform has, you can not reach it in any other location unless you take off the plate every time. that's 13 bolts. so yea, its going over the waterbox.
    that way with a flash light i can see it back there, and i can put my arm in and reach the cup. i can take it off and carefully fish it out right side up with almost no spilling. i had to carefully plan where i drilled and the location. so that the bolts holding the strainer would not inter fear with any linQ attachments or any of the plates rubber seal. (i drilled one hole that i should have not. but i sealed it up with 3m marine adhesive. you dont need to drill i dont think. you could run it on 2 bolts if you wanted to, or glue the bracket in. i wanted to be able to take it off if i needed to so i drilled.

Name:	IMG_7509.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	426142

Name:	IMG_7511.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	426143

Name:	IMG_7522.jpg 
Views:	349 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	426144

Name:	IMG_7524.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	426145

Name:	IMG_7523.jpg 
Views:	350 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	426146

+1
    That is a nice ski! Do you mind me asking what kind of work you do for a living?

+1

Up next i have taken off most of the warning labels. no one that does not know how to ride and or knows the common sense of the warnings will not be on my PWC. there for i don't need reminders of not stepping on the IBR bucket, or putting my hand in there when its running. I knew i needed to pull off any stickers i did not like now before i apply ceramic coating. so i personalized it a little.

BEFORE

Name:	IMG_7389.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	426147
    AFTER

Name:	IMG_7390.jpg 
Views:	1427 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	426148

Name:	IMG_7486.jpg 
Views:	367 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	426149

after i took those off, i started to disassemble post of the deck panels. i did this so i can go in and coat behind the speakers, under the side fake air vents behind the ergo lock panels. any place i figured would get water in. i mean why not right? its winter, and most days not good enough to go out and test ride it. so i figured better coat it before i go out. i got the Velocity Visions Ceramic coating from the GreenHulk Store! this stuff is really good on first impression. very smooth to the touch. you can feel the difference vastly, even those that dont know what to look for notice the feel. makes the ski more glossy. now let me try to explain this part. my ski is new. its glossy as is. i have a spot light that has leds inside of it. i aim it down at the finish and in the reflection i can see the light. but cant count how many leds i have inside. just see a nice square shape. after coating. i can see and count how many led is in my light from the reflection. looks really good and like a high end detailed car look. did i mention its super smooth to the touch? yes more so then a brand new surface of a ski!

Note: speakers weigh in at ruffly 19.5 pounds combined.

Name:	IMG_7605.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	426150

Name:	IMG_7604.jpg 
Views:	371 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	426151

Name:	IMG_7564.jpg 
Views:	354 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	426152

Name:	IMG_7565.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	426153

Name:	IMG_7607.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	426154

Name:	IMG_7608.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	426155

Name:	IMG_7606.jpg 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	426156

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BobRae99 View Post
    That is a nice ski! Do you mind me asking what kind of work you do for a living?
    thank you! i don't really mind, its in my profile. but i am more curious as to why one would ask this?

+1
    Man I wish I had my new RXTX but I'd only be able to stare at it in the garage. All the lakes and The CT river are frozen over right now, Toady's the first day in the 20's since xmas eve . About how much time did it take you to tear down the ski, coat it and put it back together ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KartAnimal29 View Post
    Man I wish I had my new RXTX but I'd only be able to stare at it in the garage. All the lakes and The CT river are frozen over right now, Toady's the first day in the 20's since xmas eve . About how much time did it take you to tear down the ski, coat it and put it back together ?
    the coating takes some time to dry. to take it apart it took about 2 hours. i had to figure out how things go so i dont break any tabs or anything. then the prep was about 2 hours, then the coating i did in 2 parts. day one all parts, and top deck. that took about 4-6 hours im very thorough cant you tell? lol. then the hull the other day. that took about 2 hours as well. then you wait 48 hours for it to cure, then apply the v1. that was faster. about half the time. i would say about 4 hours total. i took my time though. i was in no rush.

+1
    Did you apply the ceramic coating only on the sides of the hull or also bottom and grating area?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by EVN81 View Post
    Did you apply the ceramic coating only on the sides of the hull or also bottom and grating area?
    all of it, minus under the bunks. as i dont have a ski hoist. but grate, and everything i can reach

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information