Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    +1
    Looking to install the fuel caddy on my RXP.
    As we are a few months ahead did anybody used the Spark kit 295100802 on a RXP?

I like the idea of the smaller mounts and if needed fabricate some plates myself for the inside. Not sure if the included plate can be used.

And maybe someone can share their experiences with the fuel caddy on the RXP fuel cap location (with the CM-tec around)?

Remember someone posted that the caddy was not that user friendly...

Any updates on this? I'll be buying a GTI or GTX soon, so I'm mostly interested in adding the brackets to something I already own (a cheaper cooler!) but would like to know what measurements I need for attaching the mounts. Cool ideas!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JPR View Post
    Added to a RXPX
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5679.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	174.7 KB 
ID:	457086

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DR2006RXP View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5679.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	174.7 KB 
ID:	457086
    It looks like the kit for Spark3up 295100802 is used here as I cannot see the wings on the adapters as in the recommend kit for RXP 295100803.

Could you confirm?

Cool idea to install 2 caddy’s like this

Quote Originally Posted by Technically";2916795]As many of you know, the new 2018 skis are now getting the LinQ attachment system which was actually carried over from the Ski-Doo guys.

While the LinQ setup on the Sea-Doo is a big step forward it still has some limitations that I think provide an opportunity for improvement:

1. Only one limited spot to put things.
    2. Only 3 BRP proprietary components can be used.
    3. Fuel caddies cannot be stacked.

On the topic of improvements, and starting with item number 1, the Ski-Doo guys have developed LinQ adapter brackets which convert 1 LinQ footprint into multiple which switches on the old light bulb to a possible use case with us on PWCs:

What if someone could develop something similar for the PWC LinQ system where a bracket like this could be tailored to the PWC LinQ brackets? You would just need to have a LinQ bracket and latch on it to attach to the current LinQ slots on the ski effectively turning 1 spot into 2 spots side by side at a 90 degree offset orientation to the current layout. The LinQ brackets and latches are available as individual parts from Sea Doo meaning they can be mounted to just about anything provided you keep the same distance between the two mounting points.

Latches:

LinQ OEM Base Mounts for adapter bracket:

To address items 2 and 3 from above, if we had an base adapter to convert our 1 LinQ spot to two side by side we could carry double the fuel with two caddies side by side and even have room to put bags on top of the two fuel caddies enabling us to carry double the cargo bags also.

With the availability of the OEM LinQ brackets above we could essentially mount the latches on anything and carry anything we can mount the latches to as long as we maintain the original footprint to satisfy the mounting points on the rear deck.

Obviously the bracket would need to be made with robust enough material to handle the extra load and we would also need to make sure the original 2 mounting points can handle the load. Additionally, it would need to have feet on it which would not damage the deck/turf that the bracket would be sitting on. A broad foot on each corner with as much contact area as possible should avoid impressions from the feet into the turf mat.

Does anyone know the spec for the approved weight rating for the 2 LinQ mounting points on the new Skis? I think it's safe to say they are at least designed to carry the weight of the loaded cooler which could be 25+ lbs which they show in their marketing content. What do you guys think of all of this?

I'll dig into the '18 manual in the meantime to see if there are any specs listed for the approved carrying load for the LinQ mounts.

I borrowed the original pic from The Watercraft Journal, but what if.....:

Or even better:

[URL="http://www.4-tecperformance.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=18_315
    Sea Doo LinQ Accessories Here[/URL]
    https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...x&cPath=18_315
    Was this project ever finished? I'd love to get a pair of jerry can mounts on the rear of my '18 RXTX300 for a long ride.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information