Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2016 310R Bilge Pump

Hi guys, I am planning to install a bilge pump this winter on the 310R.

Can you help with any tips regarding the mounting location and how to secure it properly? It will be used offshore, so mounting location has to be sturdy enough to be able to take hits from big waves.

Thanks again!

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by KU310R View Post
    Hi guys, I am planning to install a bilge pump this winter on the 310R.

Can you help with any tips regarding the mounting location and how to secure it properly? It will be used offshore, so mounting location has to be sturdy enough to be able to take hits from big waves.

Thanks again!
    Use the search button
    It has been discussed many many times since 2007 and there are many good posts that including pics etc

Waz

I did, but most of the info i found was on older skis and bilge pump was installed at the rear right hand side. I have a waterbox in that location and was wondering whether there is a ready-made bracket which i can purchase in order to install it in front of the engine.

+1
    Why would you want to install it in front of the engine? By the time your water level reaches there under acceleration, your belt will already be swimming.

+1
    No brackets are available , in front of the engine is a stupid place, I mounted 1 tbere once, the water covers the belt before the pump primes up, , just buy the rule pump that has the remote pickup kit.... it's just a bit of brain power after that....

Waz

+1
    Up back works!! Pump works better with a change over switch when water is detected on the auto circuit, switch to level sensor ( not float) and you have no lag between off and water resistance detect. Hope this makes sense, tested this many years ago. Best option is dual pumps separate battery.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 11FALLINE View Post
    Why would you want to install it in front of the engine? By the time your water level reaches there under acceleration, your belt will already be swimming.
    I install mine (auto bilge)in front of my engine at the lowest part of the hull and Iíll give you a few reasons why...

1) if your moving forward but taking on water the Stock siphoning bilge in the rear will do its job and start getting the water out as you slow down every so often the water will roll to the front and the auto bilge in front will activate immediately and pump out especially since its in a low spot..

2) A rear auto bilge would be useless same thing for the stock siphoning bilge if the prop is not spinning or your not moving forward for example if you left your stern plugs out for many hrs or days or hull damage just floating or engine issues and canít spin the prop

3) near the engine at a low spot to get that water early before it starts to rise...

Dont get me wrong having an additional electric bilge regardless of front or back is a wise thing and for the $50 dollars for parts well worth it..

btw I put my bilge hose outlet on the side not the back so if itís shooting water you see it and know you have an issue and need to get back to Shore immediately.Some use a Manual bilge with an on and off but donít like it ... might be to filled with water by then to turn it on ...

8. +1 by:

+1
    Dave you can run a parallel circuit to have both auto and manual. Selectable once water pumps out on your leg you then switch to manual which has the sensor switch in series with the manual circuit. No wait for pump to come on like in auto mode.Next time I have my engine out I'll do the test and video.

10. +1 by:

Thanks Dave. I understand your reasoning perfectly and that's why I was thinking of installing it in front of the engine. As if the engine is running and I'm taking in water the factory siphoning system should engage, and once I stop water tends to collect in the middle of the ski, by which time the extra pump will engage.

Thanks to all the others as well for your opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    I install mine (auto bilge)in front of my engine at the lowest part of the hull and I’ll give you a few reasons why...

1) if your moving forward but taking on water the Stock siphoning bilge in the rear will do its job and start getting the water out as you slow down every so often the water will roll to the front and the auto bilge in front will activate immediately and pump out especially since its in a low spot..

2) A rear auto bilge would be useless same thing for the stock siphoning bilge if the prop is not spinning or your not moving forward for example if you left your stern plugs out for many hrs or days or hull damage just floating or engine issues and can’t spin the prop

3) near the engine at a low spot to get that water early before it starts to rise...

Dont get me wrong having an additional electric bilge regardless of front or back is a wise thing and for the $50 dollars for parts well worth it..

btw I put my bilge hose outlet on the side not the back so if it’s shooting water you see it and know you have an issue and need to get back to Shore immediately.Some use a Manual bilge with an on and off but don’t like it ... might be to filled with water by then to turn it on ...

12. +1 by:

+1
    having nearly lost 2 ultra due to burst hoses....

when having the Bilge pump mounted at the front of the engine all i could do was sit in the water and not ride home

because when a feed hoses bursts the OEM bilge CANT keep up
    the water collects and drowns the belt and you end up stranded
    yes when you stop the front mount pump can lower the water level in the hull.... but as soon as you try to ride it all turns to shit again... try doing that in 5ft ocean swell as your being pushed towards the rocks

I personally found that the remote pickup bilge mounted at the rear allowed me to get myself to shore or ride home if I was out by myself.

but mines just an opinion of being stranded offshore ....( not sitting on lakes were you will have passing traffic )
    Last edited by sirbreaksalot; 01-08-2018 at 12:29 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information