Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    What do you do for engine management? Motec make a package for a spark? Never seen one...but maybe you could alter a 1503 package.
    The M130 plugs are the same between spark/4tec so they share the same loom. My M130 is with Evan right now and he is getting everything updated. Got a turbo base map from Nils so will start there. Will be interesting to see the difference between the HX tiny K03 turbo vs B1 comp/tial 2860

Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    I'm simply amazed with your fabrication skills. Nice work with both models, and thinking outside the box!
    Thanks! I appreciate that. Too much potential with this to not do something. I think a good running turbo spark powerplant will certainly have its advantages over $10k+ kawi 1100 engines

Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    XPL isnt considered a sport class boat
    Yep, ^ he nailed it. Basically sport gp consists of Yamaha Waveblaster, Seadoo HX, Polaris Hurricane, Kawi X2 - and I believe the waveblaster 3.... no one runs the 3's though. Either 1500cc NA engine, 1300cc 2 stroke or 900cc forced induction. A stock canam maverick which uses the same 900cc spark engine makes 172hp at just 11psi.

+1
    Brilliant ��

+1
    Lmfao I love your builds! This is wild, I wish they would put the spark engine in the old hulls like you're doing

Keen to see how this works out.
    Still have all the old Skool stuff kicking around and a carbon hull that's empty.

Keep us us all posted.
    Cheers

+1
    Awesome awesome skillz Rick. Quick question : on things like the exhaust adapter, that you machine, do you ever consider rounding out the corners and getting rid of the "sharp" edges? Just for aesthetics of course. Great work as always.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyA View Post
    Awesome awesome skillz Rick. Quick question : on things like the exhaust adapter, that you machine, do you ever consider rounding out the corners and getting rid of the "sharp" edges? Just for aesthetics of course. Great work as always.

It would definitely look nice to do that but I just have access to a basic manual milling machine and afraid that trying to do that would make it look worse haha. I guess my goal is to have as little evidence that I was there as possible. One thing I have thought of doing was machining away the excess bit off that exhaust adapter to where there would be less material to hold heat. Would really like to just get a file made where I can have some CNC cut but I don't think the small volume would be worthwhile - hence just doing it the old school way. Might not have been the best but it is what I had immediately available when I needed to do it.

I haven't had a ton of time lately and the temperatures have been well below freezing down here. The company I usually order all my fab parts from was out of stock on the tight 90 mandrel bend I needed coming out the turbo but should be getting some in stock any day now. I'll get this thing finished sooner or later

Any updates on this?
    I know you're doing the same build over on PWCT. I'm over there doing my Spark motor SXR build and I may consider a turbo, later, myself.
    I was excited when you started this thread. Hope it's still happening!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEH2O View Post
    Any updates on this?
    I know you're doing the same build over on PWCT. I'm over there doing my Spark motor SXR build and I may consider a turbo, later, myself.
    I was excited when you started this thread. Hope it's still happening!
    You get that sxr on the water yet? That things has turned out really nice btw. The build is still on but put on hold till fall. I spent the last couple of months sorting through misc issues, building new motor, tuning, trying different handling parts on my 701 & 1100 Waveblaster that I haven't had any extra time to build on the turbo hx or blaster. Had to have my 701 & 1100 race ready for region 5. Will jump back on the turbo blaster next as it doesn't need much to run. Then will continue with the HX in the fall. If my work schedule or family allowed more time, I'd have it done like yesterday haha. Thanks for checking back with it though

+1
    I did drop the 720 back in the HX though for the summer to loan out to junior sport racers or have friends ride when they go with me and I have my blasters. Im not sure if I mentioned earlier but I have a link atom standalone ecu that I am gonna try and run this one off of

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information