Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Same exact issue happened to me..on the first cold day 55 hrs BOOM on cylinder 3.. I have 2020 Fx svho w/stage 1plus..shame on me I should of known better because it is not my first rodeo.. I Did not monitor afr because riva doesn’t recommend with stage 1plus...knowing these machines run lean from factory ...afr monitoring should be a requirement no matter how perfected aftermarket tune are ...riding conditions vary from state to state so monitoring afr is a safe insurance especially knowing Yamaha motors having this problem for a long time and removing ribbon could of contribute to this issue but people I know who have extreme experience on repairing this Yamaha debacle say it is the design ports on the intake manifold (no bueno) ..on that note I love my Yamaha and hoping to get back up and running soon.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by voliva View Post
    ... first cold day 55 hrs BOOM on cylinder 3.. I have 2020 Fx svho w/stage 1plus...
    How cold was your ‘cold day’?

Did it fail while running at or close to wide open throttle?

Have you inspected inside the Engine to verify what/how it failed?

What fuel octane was in the tank? What octane is your Stage 1 Plus tune configured for?

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    On winter or cold day the ski will make more power, this is why its recommended to run an AFR gauge to keep an eye on things. I have a summer tune and winter tune for my ski on Motec.

One other thing I try my best is to keep using the same gas station that I know sells good fuel and sells alot of it, in this case being a Stripes/Sunoco. Also stay away from any fuel additives as much as possible.

I went thru 3 motors last year same deal - good luck! If they tell u to bore it and use oversized pistons do NOT use WSM - the pistons make contact with stock rods - I blew a rod out my block

Thanks for your advice..to answer some of the questions...correct me if I am wrong..the stage 1 plus tunes call for 93 octane and I always stick to the same gas station (shell)..as of now the ski is at the dealership hoping to hear something soon...

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by voliva View Post
    ... the stage 1 plus tunes call for 93 octane ...
    Riva’s listings and names for tunes are not entirely consistent.

In this Riva web list there are no Plus tunes for the FX, only for the GP1800.
    https://rivaracing.com/tunelibrary

The canonical tune specifics (including required minimum fuel octane) for your engine/model should be shown in the MaptunerX software app, and sometimes are also shown when the tune itself is on the box and ready to be loaded into the ECU.

Were you using the AGR version of the Stage 1 tune for FX?

stage 1 plus ..
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Riva’s listings and names for tunes are not entirely consistent.

In this Riva web list there are no Plus tunes for the FX, only for the GP1800.
    https://rivaracing.com/tunelibrary

The canonical tune specifics (including required minimum fuel octane) for your engine/model should be shown in the MaptunerX software app, and sometimes are also shown when the tune itself is on the box and ready to be loaded into the ECU.

Were you using the AGR version of the Stage 1 tune for FX?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information