Ultra LX Running Power Supply

I need to run a power supply from the battery for a bilge pump and depth finder. I tried fishing a wire through the existing grommet but it I need to make a 90 degree bend and I don't wan't to push to hard and nick or damage a wire. I gave up. Should I just drill another hole and install another grommet inside the battery compartment? I would put it on the back wall inside the battery compartment so I it is more of a straight shot.

I have read that some people use the vent ducts up front to run a wire. I don't see how that would work. I think you would need to lay the wire on the white fiberglass and have the hood gasket close on it. That does not seem good.

Thanks

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171211_180711.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	425098   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171211_180602.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	425099   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171211_180538.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	425100  

+1
    That's a job I've got to tackle on my LXs this winter. I think I'd just use the existing hole, perhaps making it bigger and using a larger grommet, but I haven't studied it closely.

Just be careful you don't drill into the gas tank!

3. +1 by:

+1
    I drilled a small hole in the back on the compartment and used a rubber grommet and split loom running to the waterproof industrial switch I used, then loomed to the bilge pump. I also used an inline fuse holder by the battery and screwed everything to the battery. All connections were soldered after being crimped.

5. +1 by:

+1
    I added a auto bilge and just put the wires thru the grommet where the battery wires are ,you can drill a hole thru the bulkhead behind the battery either way but get that bilge in installed in your ski however you install,,,

7. +1 by:

I will be hated yet again but it’s ok .. u started this thread .. blame me if u want . but try not to drill any new holes .. not sure why guys tend to butcher something when u can use what already exists .. for the sake of the next owner .. even tho u own a drill it may not mean ur qualified to use it .. u would be better off drilling a hole in the side of the ski . at least that can be fixed . the inner shell known as the battery/storage compartment is married within the hull and is essentially priceless .. your liable to do more damage then u are good .. if u wanna drill a hole or hack something apart .. make sure to pick up some brain cell’s to go with your 30 pack of beer drill bits rubber grommet and ECU

+1
    This 2007 ultra has bilge system, and lowrance ti5 mounted onto riva steering column cover ( screwed on with drill if that's ok ). Separate batteries for all systems. Holes where needed, it's mine so I'll be drilling it when ever I feel the need.😀

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rescue1 View Post
    I drilled a small hole in the back on the compartment and used a rubber grommet and split loom running to the waterproof industrial switch I used, then loomed to the bilge pump. I also used an inline fuse holder by the battery and screwed everything to the battery. All connections were soldered after being crimped.
    Yes as mentioned an inline fuse ,a recommended size by bilge manufacturer probably 3 amps

11. +1 by:

Thread Information