Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

2018 Seadoo RXTX in Oregon/Washington

So i finally Got my Ordered PWC in. They arrived in Oregon on Wednesday. and according to the dealer portal, I'm the first one in OR, WA that has picked up the new 2018 rxtx.
    a few Washington dealers got there dealer stock in a little sooner, but so far I'm the first to claim ownership (Thank you SK Northwest)

first impressions
    it looks much better in person then on images. most PWC designs have been more arrow like. i mean more sloped from the nose to the top of the hood. even the out going model is far more sloped looking. this one is a little flatter looking. and at first it was a concern of mine. i didn't know i liked that.
    but once you see it its actually rather nice. its futuristic looking. pictures don't give it justice simple and plain.
    even my wife agreed and had stated and i quote "it looks much better in person then the pictures you have been showing me for the last few months"

the color is not quite silver. some images on line after they have edited, have looked more silver then it really is. its not baby blue ether. its hard to pinpoint the color. but it really does look nice. i guess the name is as close as you can describe it. Ice metal.
    the lava red really does complement this color! i have tried to render out the lava red to see if any other color would go with this ice metal. and so far none go as good as the lava red.

over all quality
    let me put it this way. in the past a big reason i have never liked SeaDoo was because of how plasticy it has felt. rattling and not much for tight tolerances. I'm talking almost all models prior to 2010/2011
    so much so that i never considered getting a seadoo. i was out of the game for a few years. since 2009. busy with other hobbies, and my race/drift carrier.
    let me tell you, i don't thing Yamaha has anything on seadoo as far as quality goes. I'm sorry. but seriously. and I'm referring to the 2018 model, everything is really well thought threw. even as simple as the latch on the glove box closes so nicely. its hard to explain.
    so after doing extensive research. i figured this was the ski for me. big thanks to Jerry (green hulk) and Kevin Shaw (the watercraft journal) both of there reviews have helped me better understand this new model. and its really what i was looking for.

i have yet to go threw all clamps and bolts to check how that all checks out. but over all first impressions on fit and finish is amazing.

i will be back to update more of my thought of it as time progresses. its really cold out so i can not really go out for a shake down just yet. but at least ill have plenty of time for catch can, bilge pump, ceramic coating, cold weather riding gear etc, to acquire.
    in the mean time, here are some photos from the unboxing.
    ill be putting together a video in the coming days as well. from my unboxing and after that a walk around to show you guys closer of what this model is and has.

PS, the speakers are no gimmick. i was going to order with out. its Jerry (green Hulk) that convinced me to get it with. yes its some more weight, but I'm not always racing. and the days i decide to cruise or just chill. these things are serious biz.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2390.jpg 
Views:	493 
Size:	134.6 KB 
ID:	425036   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2397 1.jpg 
Views:	486 
Size:	129.0 KB 
ID:	425037   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2405 1.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	134.9 KB 
ID:	425038   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2407.jpg 
Views:	505 
Size:	124.7 KB 
ID:	425039   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2410.jpg 
Views:	497 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	425040   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2416.jpg 
Views:	521 
Size:	167.9 KB 
ID:	425041  

+1

they had a Santa in the show room, giving out little gifts to the kids, and taking pictures with any one who came in. the Santa is one of there technicians. and he was very found of the new model. also i got to use him to get some sweet looking shots.
    santa approved the quality of the Seadoo! thank you Santa! i must have been a very good boy this year!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2443.jpg 
Views:	470 
Size:	134.9 KB 
ID:	425042   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2473 1.jpg 
Views:	486 
Size:	138.3 KB 
ID:	425043   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2490.jpg 
Views:	447 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	425044   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2511 1.jpg 
Views:	460 
Size:	130.9 KB 
ID:	425045   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2523 1.jpg 
Views:	477 
Size:	128.7 KB 
ID:	425046  

+1
    Congrats!
    Silver does look great in person, to bad it’s slower than the yellow ones

+1

rxtx

Wow that color combo. Is the best I've seen in a long time. VERY GOOD CHOICE!!!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    Congrats!
    Silver does look great in person, to bad it’s slower than the yellow ones
    that's the silver bullet my friend! nothing beats the silver bullet!

my dealer said that he does not have the fire extinguisher because of a recall. is there a fix for this? or we really have to wait? i would like one to fit in the pre-molded area
    that was designed to hold it. do i have other options? or has this been fixed yet?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WakePirate View Post
    that's the silver bullet my friend! nothing beats the silver bullet!

my dealer said that he does not have the fire extinguisher because of a recall. is there a fix for this? or we really have to wait? i would like one to fit in the pre-molded area
    that was designed to hold it. do i have other options? or has this been fixed yet?
    I don't believe that there is another manufacturer that made the size and shape of the PWC extinguisher other than Kidde or rebranded lines. If you don't have an old one around, contact a PWC salvage yard and see if you can get one from them or someone that sells used skis. At least you can have one for "show" until a new unit comes out.

+1
    Congrats ski looks great. I will be getting same color after boat show here in Seattle just waiting to see if they will have better price at boat show.

+1
    Congrats, beautiful ski. Your pictures really show the color. I was going to wait till the next years colors come out. But after seeing it in your post.umm

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lilman26 View Post
    Congrats, beautiful ski. Your pictures really show the color. I was going to wait till the next years colors come out. But after seeing it in your post.umm
    you might as well get it this year. i cant say for sure, but based on past seadoo history. they run the same color options for 2 years at a time.
    so there is a big chance that 2019 will be the exact same. and new color would come out in 2020. you really have to see it in person. it is a beautiful color combo. also because of the new CM-tech. it really looks like a custom color. when you see one you will know what im talking about.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WakePirate View Post
    you might as well get it this year. i cant say for sure, but based on past seadoo history. they run the same color options for 2 years at a time.
    so there is a big chance that 2019 will be the exact same. and new color would come out in 2020. you really have to see it in person. it is a beautiful color combo. also because of the new CM-tech. it really looks like a custom color. when you see one you will know what im talking about.
    Thats what I am afraid of, that once I see it in person. The Sea Doo web site pictures don't do it any justice compared to the ones you posted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information