+1

Vacation in Maine looking for recommendations

Looks like I'll be taking a vacation in Maine in 2018 cost and lakes look fabulous, anyone recommend a ski/boat rental would like to maybe take a few buddies for a day out so a well stocked rental similar, would maybe to a tour or safari.

will prob aly be flying into Boston and driving inland but hopefully will have a rental car or access to one so can travel but probably not more than a couple of hours.

+1
    Bump... no one from Maine help me out?

+1
    Bump for the new year... anyone recommend a rental outfit boat or ski on the coast or lakes for a days exploring?

+1

+1
    Sorry that no one here on this side of the pond can help you. I can tell you that in Maine's biggest lake (Moosehead Lake), you won't find anybody to rent skis, believe me I've tried. Renting an ATV ( or snowmobile) there is another story and the guide to go with it.

Good luck, you will love Maine!

+1
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. I think we will be too early (September) for snow but ATV is also on the list we are probably flying in and out of Boston and plan a couple of days in Boston a couple by the coast cape cod or Portland and a week inland for a friends wedding

only places i found found so far are on Sebago Lake (what’s it like there? Much to see or do or on the coast a bit to far south will have a rental car but don’t want to spend all week in it!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HDAV View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. I think we will be too early (September) for snow but ATV is also on the list we are probably flying in and out of Boston and plan a couple of days in Boston a couple by the coast cape cod or Portland and a week inland for a friends wedding

only places i found found so far are on Sebago Lake (what’s it like there? Much to see or do or on the coast a bit to far south will have a rental car but don’t want to spend all week in it!
    Most of Maine is nice to visit. Sebago lake is near Portland, and that's a really nice small-mid size city with an active downtown with tons of restaurants and bars.

If going in September, it will be close to when the leaves start to change color, so heading towards the mountains could make for a nice drive.

You could also catch a whale watching trip.

It'd be a bit of a drive, but going to Acadia National Park is also very nice.

8. +1 by:

Thread Information