Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    +1

Cool 2017 SXR-1500 (15F) handling improvement project - I'm done riding this boat stock!

2017 SXR-1500 (15F) handling improvement project - I'm done riding this boat stock!

I had to ride this stock as "Yoshi" intended it just to see before I put all my JS550 handling mods onto this stand up. I did but an R&D air cleaner this summer https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...oducts_id=5405 after I bought it but other than that it's bone stock still just past break in. I love the speed it is just so easy to hydro drag zero proposing from the start stay hooked up WOT in good water all day long which pleases me cuz I'll OG Oakland Estuary JS550 drag racer back in the 80s 90s. The handling of the boat is okay at top speeds with knees bent proper. I'm sure if anyone rides like "Yoshi" and his disciplined rear leg stance is pretty rigid but I ride top speed with more laid back stand up style and body slam turns to impress the women on my JS550 or JS750s. This boat what may be an "SXR" thing how it likes to "walk" from one part of hull to the other during a turn and almost and boat dips and "dives" when moving in between. It is annoying and you can feel it best riding on your knees mid speed and it rocks and walks all over it feels really weird coming from a JS550/750 rider. Ya ya I can see it's something i could get used to and find benefit how it can dive into a turn like that but this is a boat that requires some responsibility and it is very powerful boat riding next to other skiers and boats it's not what I consider safe when this walking is pretty squirrely turning at lower speeds MAKES IT UNSAFE STOCK - SORRY YOSHI I GOTTA MODIFY THIS UNIT LOL.... The faster speeds this boat rails turns if knees are bent but I'm still getting used to it never had any time to ride it this summer with all the boating and my Ultra 310LX really took my attention doing near 80 MPH is crazy!!! FYI: Make sure you buy you part from Jerry here at Greenhulk you get 10% discount and parts arrive in 2 days for me every order!

Here is a cheesy vid of me riding my SXR-15F in our delta a few miles from my house and just a kinda show and tell and kinda has some evidence of the squirrely walking nature but I was just cruising getting used to riding straight up as I do. I will do an after video after I install handling mods.

Hull and handling mods:

Sponsons https://prowatercraftracing.com/prod...onson-sxr-15f/

Ride plate https://prowatercraftracing.com/prod...e-for-sxr-15f/

Intake Grate https://roguewatercraft.com/index.ph...lnfnt0f6l09mh2

Steering plate https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...oducts_id=5832

Nozzle https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...oducts_id=5811

4 degree bars ordering soon too!

Okay what sponsons to use to help with this divey walking issue? We'll there is R&D, Riva and Texas of Watercraft is getting highest marks of that alloy type but sure could use a polish IMO. Riva has that green one if you got the "green" to pay for it i'm sure works great. But I decided to try this new product from Prowatercraft. It is a composite material that can flex some and has been selling like hotcakes to eliminate this walking issue. It was a little cheaper than the R&D and Riva but it was the field reports that sparked my decision and decided to go with their ride plate as well what the hell! Let's go all out!

Jerry got me these parts from Greenhulk in 48 hours upon order again! Nice Job I'll buy the 4 degree bars thru you! I'll keep you guys posted on the mods and video results on the water and see how she does then with this "walking" and improved handling The steering plate and nozzle will aid to my wants and needs towards overall handling needs and not into bouy racing or handle poles upgrades I think the white Kawasaki one is real sexy as is!

Dad_x3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171109_204811.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	423996   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171109_204733.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	423995   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171109_204835.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	423997   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171109_210759.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	423998   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171109_204827.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	423999   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171109_205309.jpg 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	424000  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171109_210731.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	424001   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171109_204931.jpg 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	424002   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171109_211204.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	424003   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171109_211215.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	424004  
    Last edited by vinnyzilla; 11-10-2017 at 06:35 PM.

Yes it is a rocketship
    Being a standup rider don’t even try the offshore position on steering
    It definitely needs a set of bars
    I have done all your mods except for a ride plate
    It really helped it out
    Kept it from jumping out of the water
    The nozzle will need some Machine work for milling
    You dont have to throw it into a turn like a 750
    More like a jabbing mode and its quick to shift it weight
    Also ass stays real hooked up
    I also noticed straight high speed runs in video
    Wheres the high speed turns ?
    If you havent fell off yet at speed Your gonna swim !
    I love mine

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnyzilla View Post
    2017 SXR-1500 (15F) handling improvement project - I'm done riding this boat stock!

I had to ride this stock as "Yoshi" intended it just to see before I put all my JS550 handling mods onto this stand up. I did but an R&D air cleaner this summer https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...oducts_id=5405 after I bought it but other than that it's bone stock still just past break in. I love the speed it is just so easy to hydro drag zero proposing from the start stay hooked up WOT in good water all day long which pleases me cuz I'll OG Oakland Estuary JS550 drag racer back in the 80s 90s. The handling of the boat is okay at top speeds with knees bent proper. I'm sure if anyone rides like "Yoshi" and his disciplined rear leg stance is pretty rigid but I ride top speed with more laid back stand up style and body slam turns to impress the women on my JS550 or JS750s. This boat what may be an "SXR" thing how it likes to "walk" from one part of hull to the other during a turn and almost and boat dips and "dives" when moving in between. It is annoying and you can feel it best riding on your knees mid speed and it rocks and walks all over it feels really weird coming from a JS550/750 rider. Ya ya I can see it's something i could get used to and find benefit how it can dive into a turn like that but this is a boat that requires some responsibility and it is very powerful boat riding next to other skiers and boats it's not what I consider safe when this walking is pretty squirrely turning at lower speeds MAKES IT UNSAFE STOCK - SORRY YOSHI I GOTTA MODIFY THIS UNIT LOL.... The faster speeds this boat rails turns if knees are bent but I'm still getting used to it never had any time to ride it this summer with all the boating and my Ultra 310LX really took my attention doing near 80 MPH is crazy!!! FYI: Make sure you buy you part from Jerry here at Greenhulk you get 10% discount and parts arrive in 2 days for me every order!

Here is a cheesy vid of me riding my SXR-15F in our delta a few miles from my house and just a kinda show and tell and kinda has some evidence of the squirrely walking nature but I was just cruising getting used to riding straight up as I do. I will do an after video after I install handling mods.

Hull and handling mods:

Sponsons https://prowatercraftracing.com/prod...onson-sxr-15f/

Ride plate https://prowatercraftracing.com/prod...e-for-sxr-15f/

Intake Grate https://roguewatercraft.com/index.ph...lnfnt0f6l09mh2

Steering plate https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...oducts_id=5832

Nozzle https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...oducts_id=5811

4 degree bars ordering soon too!

Okay what sponsons to use to help with this divey walking issue? We'll there is R&D, Riva and Texas of Watercraft is getting highest marks of that alloy type but sure could use a polish IMO. Riva has that green one if you got the "green" to pay for it i'm sure works great. But I decided to try this new product from Prowatercraft. It is a composite material that can flex some and has been selling like hotcakes to eliminate this walking issue. It was a little cheaper than the R&D and Riva but it was the field reports that sparked my decision and decided to go with their ride plate as well what the hell! Let's go all out!

Jerry got me these parts from Greenhulk in 48 hours upon order again! Nice Job I'll buy the 4 degree bars thru you! I'll keep you guys posted on the mods and video results on the water and see how she does then with this "walking" and improved handling The steering plate and nozzle will aid to my wants and needs towards overall handling needs and not into bouy racing or handle poles upgrades I think the white Kawasaki one is real sexy as is!

Dad_x3
    We're going with these Sponsons kit http://foksmoto.ru/catalog/lodochnye...sikly/1352.htm
    For offshore race, it's better than Prowatercraft Sponson (we tried them for tests)

+1
    Learn how to tie a bowline knot.

5. +1 by:

+1

Cool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48U0u6H8h3g

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Learn how to tie a bowline knot.
    got it boss... I'm Army not Navy lol...

Last edited by vinnyzilla; 11-11-2017 at 10:23 AM.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkyrider View Post
    Yes it is a rocketship
    Being a standup rider don’t even try the offshore position on steering
    It definitely needs a set of bars
    I have done all your mods except for a ride plate
    It really helped it out
    Kept it from jumping out of the water
    The nozzle will need some Machine work for milling
    You dont have to throw it into a turn like a 750
    More like a jabbing mode and its quick to shift it weight
    Also ass stays real hooked up
    I also noticed straight high speed runs in video
    Wheres the high speed turns ?
    If you havent fell off yet at speed Your gonna swim !
    I love mine
    Ya I was on a cruise mode pretty much nothing real exiting, bland on turns agreed... mainly wanted to show on this video the hydro drag part cuz it is a rocket ship and very fast and stable and that was what I was trying to show for the most part and the rest is my stomping grounds here where we ride. We love riding here and great water all the time! Next video with all these parts installed I'll risk my ligaments on that video cuz my thing on JS550/750s my fav thing was full body slam turns and on this boat it is a challenge at top speeds like you said you could be doing a long swim and this boat is just too squirrely at moment to start that process. I showed how bad ass quick fast this boat can hydro drag and the next one will be all turns to show the products and their process improvement to my boat. I'll try stay out of my Doctors office with ligament injury cz I'm getting old but at 53 I can still bench 250lbs still got some guns to hold on to this pig! Yeah! Gimme a week to get all this stuff installed and wet suit outta the closet. It's cold time of year!

You need a spring for handlebar
    It helps

+1

Cool ya I forgot to mention this was the first thing I did! I bought from Jerry!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkyrider View Post
    You need a spring for handlebar
    It helps
    ya I forgot to mention this was the first thing I did bought from Jerry! https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...s0ulms2341cj41

I was wondering if I could add a second spring of that different type i've seen around like my old OG JS550 style i gotta check into that. I leave my pole up keep spring fresh as...

Dad_x3

+1

Cool Hi! What kind of Offshore Racing and where do you guys hang out?

Quote Originally Posted by ANTONYUK View Post
    We're going with these Sponsons kit http://foksmoto.ru/catalog/lodochnye...sikly/1352.htm
    For offshore race, it's better than Prowatercraft Sponson (we tried them for tests)

Hi! The pics you provided are great and sponsons are a big part of this project and thread.

Pardon me for my ignorance, but what kind of Offshore Racing do you do and where do you guys hang out? Where are you from? What country?

What makes that brand good per your field reports? I like your input and curious where you ride and we always want to be friendly to our eastern friends in the Mediterranean or further east. Do you ever come to the USA?

I could see where the images I saw of your sponsons could be Offshore worthy yeah. I prefer top speed hydro Drag #1 for me so with that in mind will this setup you have slow me down or make it faster?

If it gets rough water offshore at 53 I'm pulling in then out my 75 MPH Ultra 310LX and Factory stereo and pump some Metallica in rough offshore water! I'm a clean smooth water SXR-15F guy these days between my pacemaker and now carotid artery repair in December. I want be able lay down and stick a rock solid hydro drag run fast as possible and add some safer smooth turns AT ALL SPEEDS in good water where we ride is the gist for me here but if it handles in good water it will be okay in the rough too. I'll be installing parts soon with images.

Dad_x3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6662.jpg 
Views:	1817 
Size:	119.5 KB 
ID:	424176   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6663.jpg 
Views:	1882 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	424177  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    Hey Mods...... considering this topic is a PROJECT by title and subject , let's put t in the correct area !!!!!
    Ya let's move it sure... Can I move it or does moderator havta do it?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information