Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    +1
    So you read the rules correct ? There were people who got DQed, do the rules need to be fixed in the lower classes yes they do and they will be fixed but to say everyone cheats is BS, they pulled people’s superchargers and manifolds boats were checked in any Motor sport people will cheat some get caught some don’t it’s definitely not perfect

+1
    Yes i read my rules! The only guy that got disqualified Was a seadoo in pro stock due to not pulling his charger off in tech inspection... in box stock only the first and third place got checked... gus gp never got inspected for second place in box stock.... and yes i understand that theres always going to be someone cheating..... but most of it can be controlled.... why dont they inspect the ski before the classes to choose what class and check after they win.... just how drag racing has always been!

+1
    [QUOTE=Sik330ci;2906794]I dont know how people even attend such a fake event! All preferences! And i dont even know why they have rules and different classes if they let the people they want to run illegal! But itd a newbie is there and has illegal parts then we get disquelified right away! But if its one of their people they let them do whatever they want!! 90+ on a box stock class?? Race fuel? Injectors? Aftermarket pumps? Bigger wheels?? On a box stock??? Hydrodrags just lost a family for being disorganized! If you are even thinking of running the hydros dont waste your money!

So you say in box stock people were running wheels? Aftermarket pumps? Injectors tell me who ? I know the first 3 place boats and they were legal according to the rules so let me know what you saw since you were there ?

+1
    2nd place boat didnt even get inspected..... the blue gp1800.....and get me straight if im wrong, are vxr cams and pistons allowed in box stock? They are oem cams but dont come factory in the fz making compression higher? Is that legal?? First place boat had injectors in which they swaped out in no time while tech was inspecting third place... a factory injector color is not black!

+1
    Whats done is done and is up to the hydro people if they want to do things right..... buiyng people with money for them not to protest? It aint right! They lost me and guys from down south that are not attending anymore!

+1
    A few comments. As we all know we all put in a lot of time, money, and effort into this sport, so it is easy to start with negativity when things may not go well, but we have to look at the event as a whole. Overall the event went well and I think there are false comments and accusations being made here and don’t think it should be a debate. The debates were taken up at the races and should be left there. The official results were posted and event is over. However identifying things that can be done to make the event better are always welcome by everyone.

** Speed alley Saturday should not have happened or had a better plan ahead of time, but the folks running the event listened and they took the time to make it right on Sunday and worked perfect starting with Unlimited and worked their way to the slower classes.

** The rules in the lower classes are way too loose even worded to allow folks to run NA pistons and cams which sucks. I tried to work with several folks and Mikey to make the rules tighter and more detailed seperating it further from Pro Stock but they didn’t have time to be reviewed with IJSBA and get them published in time, so they will entertain them for next year. Box Stock class was intended to be geared to folks that ride on weekends, don’t want to spend a lot of money, but enjoy racing. I wanted to protest the air mods 1st and 3rd place skis had in the side air scoops, but after re-read the rules I really could not protest it with the way the rules are written.

** The tech did a good job looking skis over for the obvious visual mods like hull mod. He even made me and couple of others change our stock extended steering nozzle, even though they were legal last races in August.

** That FZR that got 1st place is no way running 90 mph, he beat me by I think 1/2 a ski and part of the reason is that I did not react quick enough to the light and as you saw Sunday, I only ran 85 mph in speed alley and that was a speed setup, not my drag race setup which is a little slower. Calling out he had a wheel and swapping injectors is false. I know who tuned that ski and I was assured he did not have a wheel and injectors. He wouldn’t have allowed it having his name associated with the ski.

** The comment about not teching my ski needs to be finished.... As you all saw, I was being called to the platform to race Pro Stock during tech for Box Stock. The officials didn't know what to do. I told them pull me out of Pro Stock, I know I won’t win, I just signed up for fun, and I will tear my ski down and proceeded to grab my tools. The 4 of them agreed to let me go out and race ProStock. I was on the water the whole time and after I was knocked out of that class (did not place in top 3 as suspected), I came back and got tech inspected.
    Last edited by Gus13letter; 11-06-2017 at 08:44 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sik330ci View Post
    2nd place boat didnt even get inspected..... the blue gp1800.....and get me straight if im wrong, are vxr cams and pistons allowed in box stock? They are oem cams but dont come factory in the fz making compression higher? Is that legal?? First place boat had injectors in which they swaped out in no time while tech was inspecting third place... a factory injector color is not black!
    Well the blue GP is Gus boat he ran 85 mph in speed ally nothing special there so if he cheated he sucks at cheating, the first place boat had a stock fuel system the parts were hot when they came off the boat so is they swapped parts they would not be hot, and yes the rules allow for NA pistons and cams which is complete bullshit and will be changed for next year this was a mistake by the guys helping with the rules

And as far as the 100 dollars I have no idea that’s what the entry fee was so he may have refunded his fee if someone thinks someone is cheating they put up 250 dollars to protests it’s been done, look the drags are not perfect I have spent 10s of thousands of dollars over the years racing the drags I have gotten my ass kicked by people who read the rules differently then me so I made sure it was cleared up and I came back the next race ready that’s just what I do

+1
    No problem! Things cleared! Thank you

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shhr View Post
    Well the blue GP is Gus boat he ran 85 mph in speed ally nothing special there so if he cheated he sucks at cheating, the first place boat had a stock fuel system the parts were hot when they came off the boat so is they swapped parts they would not be hot, and yes the rules allow for NA pistons and cams which is complete bullshit and will be changed for next year this was a mistake by the guys helping with the rules

And as far as the 100 dollars I have no idea that’s what the entry fee was so he may have refunded his fee if someone thinks someone is cheating they put up 250 dollars to protests it’s been done, look the drags are not perfect I have spent 10s of thousands of dollars over the years racing the drags I have gotten my ass kicked by people who read the rules differently then me so I made sure it was cleared up and I came back the next race ready that’s just what I do
    Scott you couldn’t have explained any better, you have to ask questions and really understand the rules. I thought the tech inspector did a good job and was fair, the rules for box stock were unclear on certain things so you have to ask to understand but hopefully next year they will be better. This sport is growing and getting better as we go. I had a great time and can’t wait for the next event, I know Angelica can’t wait her head is getting to big for her body. Lol

+1
    Thanks you guys, a lot of confusion especially when you have 1000 people saiyng different things! Appreciate clearing things up

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information