Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    895
    +1
    78
    The MR-1 HO motor has an oil drain plug at the bottom of the oil pump, at the back of the motor. The FX140 motor does not.

    There is no drain plug on this 2012 FZS motor, although there is a spot that looks like it's set up to be tapped for a drain plug.


    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA240017.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	131.6 KB 
ID:	423262  


  2. #22
    h2jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    2,183
    +1
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy_steven View Post
    Oil cooler port is low enough to drain the oil below the crankshaft.


    Are you sure? Can I get it off without having to remove the exhaust?

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    408
    +1
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by h2jim View Post
    Are you sure? Can I get it off without having to remove the exhaust?
    You may not need to do all that stuff if you can warm up the engine bay on the ski. I see you are in Canada and if the weather is really cold up there you may just be able to warm up the engine bay with an electric heating pad under the motor. Put the heating pad under the motor, put the seat back on to hold in the heat and let it warm up, over night. Then try sucking out the oil with the extractor.

  4. #24
    h2jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    2,183
    +1
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by bizeagle View Post
    You may not need to do all that stuff if you can warm up the engine bay on the ski. I see you are in Canada and if the weather is really cold up there you may just be able to warm up the engine bay with an electric heating pad under the motor. Put the heating pad under the motor, put the seat back on to hold in the heat and let it warm up, over night. Then try sucking out the oil with the extractor.
    I ran it on the hose yesterday for 15 minutes and the motor was hot. Wouldn't suck it up.

  5. #25
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    41,183
    +1
    1,985
    Quote Originally Posted by h2jim View Post
    Are you sure? Can I get it off without having to remove the exhaust?
    I have a new Mityvac MV7201 extractor here, if you want to come down and use it. Works well with my 2017 SVHO

    Be careful with the oil cooler. It is easy to damage the o-rings on the stubby cylinder fittings where they go into the engine block. Oil cooler must be inserted straight in, no rotation/twisting during re-assembly. Might want to have new/spare o-rings on hand if you remove the oil cooler.

    If an o-ring gets damaged it can cause an oil leak, sometimes a slow and hard to trace leak.

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    408
    +1
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by h2jim View Post
    I ran it on the hose yesterday for 15 minutes and the motor was hot. Wouldn't suck it up.
    Definitely try a different extractor before taking loose components.

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    895
    +1
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by bizeagle View Post
    Definitely try a different extractor before taking loose components.
    Without a doubt, it would be best to get the oil out without disassembling any part of the motor. But if this happened over the weekend and there is salt water in the crankcase, it's time to do whatever it takes to get that oil/water out.

  8. #28
    h2jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    2,183
    +1
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by bizeagle View Post
    Definitely try a different extractor before taking loose components.
    Did a ski before I tried mine and just did another with the same extractor.

  9. #29
    h2jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    2,183
    +1
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy_steven View Post
    Without a doubt, it would be best to get the oil out without disassembling any part of the motor. But if this happened over the weekend and there is salt water in the crankcase, it's time to do whatever it takes to get that oil/water out.
    No salt. Fresh water.

  10. #30
    h2jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    2,183
    +1
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    I have a new Mityvac MV7201 extractor here, if you want to come down and use it. Works well with my 2017 SVHO

    Be careful with the oil cooler. It is easy to damage the o-rings on the stubby cylinder fittings where they go into the engine block. Oil cooler must be inserted straight in, no rotation/twisting during re-assembly. Might want to have new/spare o-rings on hand if you remove the oil cooler.

    If an o-ring gets damaged it can cause an oil leak, sometimes a slow and hard to trace leak.
    Thank you for your generous offer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Getting oil out of Mechanix gloves
    By mikeFZR in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-03-2015, 06:34 AM
  2. Can't get oil warning indicator to go off on 2004 MSX 150
    By Ron B in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-29-2015, 09:26 AM
  3. Can't get oil warning indicator to go off on 2004 MSX 150
    By Ron B in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2015, 11:29 PM
  4. Can't get pump out of 93'ish Waverunner III. WRA650RA
    By tashier in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-20-2011, 11:37 AM
  5. Can't get bolt out of cylinder/pipe
    By cigarzfan in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-28-2008, 01:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •