Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

Why I Hate Fishermen

I hate fishermen. Not all, but at least the overwhelming majority of them. They act like they own the lake. Hell, I've even had some throw rocks at me.

You've probably seen them at the boat ramp. They show up with a boat that hasn't seen water for 3 years. They back down the ramp, only to discover that their battery is dead. They somehow come up with another battery and hook up the jumper cables. They can't get the engine to run because the fuel is old. Other people get pissed off and try to help them (or at least get them out of the way). They spend at least half an hour troubleshooting--ON THE RAMP.

Well, yesterday, I ran across the biggest absolute pig I've ever dealt with. This guy drove his boat up to the ramp and his buddy got out to go get the truck & trailer. The buddy backed the truck down the ramp and they loaded the boat onto the trailer. So far, so good. Then the clown pulls the boat up about a car length and proceeds to unload the boat. He makes several trips from the boat to the truck, then he walks behind the truck and takes a piss. He was pulling his zipper up as he came back into view. Then he climbs back into the boat an retrieves his cooler. He carries it over to a nearby trash barrel to dump his empty beer cans in it, but it slips. He drops the cooler into the barrel and it takes him a couple of attempts to get it back out. He then takes the cooler back to the boat and puts it on the ground. He climbs into the boat and proceeds to throw his fish into the cooler, then climbs down and puts the cooler into the truck. Next, he goes to the back of the boat and squats down. I thought that he was going to hook up his tie-down straps, but I can see underneath the trailer that he has dropped his pants! HE'S TAKING A SHIT RIGHT THERE ON THE BOAT RAMP!!! When he's finished, he climbs back into the truck to leave, then remembers that he didn't put his outboard motor support under his motor. He takes care of this, gets back in the truck, then gets back out again to get something else out of the boat. Finally, he's done and he pulls the truck forward to the top of the ramp. He stops and gets out to pull the drain plug. At this point, I've just about had it with him. I pull over next to him, then he finally realizes that somebody else wants to use the ramp.

While I'm launching my 'Ski, I notice some paper towels laying on the ground. I was going to throw them away, but as I got closer, I notice that they are actually toilet paper with fresh shit on them. For once, I wish that the game warden was around...

+1
    I though in Texas that was normal for the day...

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    I'm a fisherman and a jet skier ... I'd have been on him the first time he started unloading stuff from his boat on the ramp ... I cannot deal with launching or loading idiots

+1
    I think a ramp on the weekends is something I hate unless Iím just there to spectate. Itís especially bad in my area of southern NJ where you get the friggen out of state people who are rude and clog up the waterways all weekend. Luckily for me I have the ability to only go out during the week, which really helps. Although you still see the occasional A hole.

+1
    In fairness, I should say that we encountered about a dozen fishermen launching/loading their boats while we were on vacation in south Texas a few weeks ago. All were friendly, polite, and efficient except for one. Maybe it's just the people around my area that don't go fishing often enough to know how to act.

+1
    Taking a dump on the ramp takes the cake! And I was just about to wonder if he had wiped or not, or at least splashed. Good to know they keep TP at that ramp.

But I think the title of this thread should have been 'I hate boaters'. I'm a boater & a ski'er. So I hate myself sometimes. Lets just say I'm in the corresponding hate-camp of whatever I'm on the water with for that day. Both gripe "lists" are probably the same in length - just different content. I ski mostly, and I even fish off my ski more than my boat. With the ski, it is way less a hassle, less logistics, and on any given ramp, I'm in & out, out & in - no shit. Being that operate in an inter-coastal region, my biggest gripe on boaters for me is "wave pollution". Take any nice calm Sat or Sunday, and the boat traffic alone makes for a miserable commute to my favorite fishing holes!

7. +1 by:

+1
    Dig this "instructional" video where they spend wayyyyy too much time on the ramp prepping their ski

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Xspook View Post
    Dig this "instructional" video where they spend wayyyyy too much time on the ramp prepping their ski

Most everything he did should have been done BEFORE he even approached the ramp ... He would have gotten a lesson about how to launch ... You should only be ON the ramp to back down or pull out

10. +1 by:

+1
    Nice story like it, but you are right, we have this same thing here in the Netherlands, people are waiting in a line of 5 or more boats for to use the ramp and when they finally on the ramp they unstrap the boat and carry all there shit from there car into the boat, hate it! Just use it put in and pull it out.
    And I do not speak about this low battery people, they have self low battery.

12. +1 by:

+1
    Yep nervous boaters.. wanna make sure they got and prepared everything right at the foot of the ramp��. But the big boats cut em some slack they have people out with them and worries of getting stuck,broken down or grounded ..

the guy taking a dump at the ramp that's a YouTube moment��

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information