Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    From Toms River Nj , Now in Port St Lucie FL
    +1

Reliable hours with Deans team tune?

Whats up, im in the process of selling my map tuner/ license and ecu and am going to have dean tune my ski, so this begs me to ask this question to get some feedback before i jump ship. How many reliable hours with Deans team tune do some of you guys have? im not going crazy just a simple rec tune with most bolt ons minus inter cooler. hoping for 83 or better where the map tune gave me 81-82. I know dean is one of the best in the business when it comes to the svho motor. Just loOking to see how many hours People have on one of his tune with no issues.

Mine ran 83 with deans tune, I have around 6 hours on the tuned ecu

What's done to y'all skis?

+1
    Dean has my impeller and ECU right now....I just today installed my modified transom plate.....cant wait for hom to finish with my ECU and impeller to match.

I had my ECU flashed at another shop....very shady shop.....and it ran well. However it has way too much timing and the tune will detonate in cooler temperatures that are heading everyones way.
    Dean is working my ECU to make the adjustments needed to run fast and reliable as well....I am like you...rec tune and stock IC is plenty fast for me...

Mine is a stage 1, riva air filter, ribbon delate, 13/18 Solas impeller, jims ride plate mods

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TwzteD View Post
    Whats up, im in the process of selling my map tuner/ license and ecu and am going to have dean tune my ski, so this begs me to ask this question to get some feedback before i jump ship. How many reliable hours with Deans team tune do some of you guys have? im not going crazy just a simple rec tune with most bolt ons minus inter cooler. hoping for 83 or better where the map tune gave me 81-82. I know dean is one of the best in the business when it comes to the svho motor. Just loOking to see how many hours People have on one of his tune with no issues.
    A ski with just some basic bolt ons and a mild tune should be bullet proof. At that level, your riding style will play a much bigger role in reliability than the tune itself.

+1
    Got around 15 hours on a custom turbo flash from dean, no complaints. Ski runs 90mph all day. 88mph two people up

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0E6769C4-AA43-4530-A09B-879058083588.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	423236

107 hours no issues I also ride with several others with Deans flashes 1 with over 200 hours no problems

+1
    if AFR is correct and timing in not too aggressive and rpm are under 8600 ski is reliable
    not reliable as stock but reliable

clutch... is the real problem... if you ride in chop clutch is the problem!!
    turbo setup or lumajet or dean upgraded clutch can solve this issue.
    I changed clutch every 30 hours...

- if Afr is bad you can destroy your engine in 30 seconds

many people says with dean's reflashes afr is perfect!!
    so switch to dean's tune and have fun

From Toms River Nj , Now in Port St Lucie FL
    +1
    My plugs just didn’t look right with the riva tune, going to try deans. Hope I can get a good amount of hours out of her, I usually dont ride In Really rough coditions like ocean but it does get choppy, nor do I ride my ski real hard but I want that pep when need or want it. I’m happy with 82-83 I just want it more reliable lol I have heard and seen a few bad things happen with a riva tune, hope I’m making a good decision.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information