+1

Next Charger for 04 RXP? Rude3/ET/XXX?

Hey guys
    My RXP may be in for a Charger Upgrade. Time for a rebuild on my X-Charger, before I do that what are my options?

Original ECU/Valvetrain on this old beast.

42's, Fizzle IC, 4" Kanaflex, Riva, all of the Hull/pump mods to get me to 75+.

Hadn't touched the engine bay in 6-7 yrs with this setup, but just did a 150 mile run and blew my SC hose off. Was spitting oil everywhere in the engine bay, had a small leak before the run - but lost 1/2-3/4 qt by the time I was done. nothing will rust for some time

Most of my mods are in my sig below.

Thx!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by snowrunner View Post
    Hey guys
    My RXP may be in for a Charger Upgrade. Time for a rebuild on my X-Charger, before I do that what are my options?

Original ECU/Valvetrain on this old beast.

42's, Fizzle IC, 4" Kanaflex, Riva, all of the Hull/pump mods to get me to 75+.

Hadn't touched the engine bay in 6-7 yrs with this setup, but just did a 150 mile run and blew my SC hose off. Was spitting oil everywhere in the engine bay, had a small leak before the run - but lost 1/2-3/4 qt by the time I was done. nothing will rust for some time

Most of my mods are in my sig below.

Thx!
    without other upgrades like ecu and valve train you wont be able to run a xxx

3. +1 by:

+1
    yup, hesitating to break the seals to upgrade the valvetrain.

Wondering if I can go to a 137 ET wheel?

+1
    Without the ECU reflash you're limited on rpm's so an upgrade to the SC would be fruitless. And as stated, if the upgrade the ECU, you also need to upgrade the valve train.

6. +1 by:

+1
    Yes and no, at 8100 I can still see a few lbs, depending on the SC. Trying to figure out best charger to goto, that will be a big able to also hit hard if I upgrade the internals.

the 215 charger was 7-7.5lb
    x is 10-10.5
    Rude 2 is 13.5 from what I read.

X has been awesome, but its heavy.

Others have run a stock ECU up over 80, I was there at one time but didnt have time to tune (C wheel) and went back to the X. That was before some of the new findings of guys on the forum and new chargers hitting the market.

+1
    You won't run 80 with a stock ecu and these older hulls trust me. I pushed high 79s with a 68-140 stock ecu to try it with a duel fuel regulator setup back in the day before I went with my flash and 80s
    It costs a lot more to make these old hulls move so my advice would be ride with what you have and enjoy it
    I've been a 140 charger at 84 mph and now back to stock ecu and a et 127 and have enjoyed it for 2 seasons again. When I sell the ski I want it run safe and easy to use for a buyer

+1
    Yeah,

The more I look at it the more I like the X-charger> IF I didn't have to yank the motor to swap the valves I'd be looking at the 137+4 or 68-140. Not worth the investment at this point, want a bigger hull soon as this shorty needs an extension.

Wish I hated riding it, to get a newer one. The old Green box I run still makes me and all my riding buddies smile - has that big block sound coming from a little ski - LOL

+1
    Since I`m already running the oil mod (cant remember who made it but bought it here) to I need the PTO hosing to run the XXX charger? 05 RXP

Thread Information