Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    +1
    Also about the fuel caddy... maybe aftermarket attachments may come to light. If that happens Im sure a bigger fuel caddy will be a option eventually.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pro1200 View Post
    Even if the fuel caddies can't be stacked there is at least two slots available for a cooler, storage bag, or fuel caddy. When my fuel light comes on I have at least 5 gallons left. I think the variation in the amount that remains is somewhat determined by how full the tank was to begin with.

I'm very curious to see how the ST3 cuts the waves. Once at speed I would think the boat weight would matter less than the amount of wetted area. Don't forget that the ST3 hull is also wider by 1" compared to the S3. If it cuts the waves more, which is a good thing for ride quality, it will slow the hull down more. With a 300 HP engine obviously this won't be as noticeable but with the 230 it may be.

I'm studying the hull carefully because I bought a new '12 RXP-X (with the 260 HP engine) and I traded it in after 10 hours because the throttle response was very poor. I imagine the 300 engine eliminated this feeling.
    The low warning is or should be the same for everyone no matter how much you originally fill the tank. I assume you fill it up to the top of the filler so it's almost coming out?

You lost me on your ultra concern for the hull, it's going to be freaking awesome and that's all you need to know. I'm sure we'll start to get reviews after this weekend. And why even talk about a 230 ST3.....YAWN....SNOOZE ALERT....99.9% of ST3 300 buyers don't care about 230 motors.

Wait...you thought a 260 px had poor throttle response? What where you comparing it to? Sure you had it in sport mode? It was probably the quickest "stock ski" of it's day. It would probably pull a 300 to 30-40mph but after that get crushed. It spun up real fast. You must of had another issue.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WakePirate View Post
    Also about the fuel caddy... maybe aftermarket attachments may come to light. If that happens I’m sure a bigger fuel caddy will be a option eventually.
    I think the Aftermarket is very reluctant to do anything regarding fuel carries because of the liability. But I have several friends with racks they carry like 8 or 10galloons extra on trips and have quick disconnect to put them inline with the fuel system and never have to poor any gas. But it would be home brew project.

+1
    This looks like the same linQ system used on the sleds. If so you can't stack the fuel cans. But maybe there and aftermarket conan that already makes a larger can.

5. +1 by:

+1
    Larger linQ can or not, if one ignores the low fuel alarm.........he gets stuck further out in the lake!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    Larger linQ can or not, if one ignores the low fuel alarm.........he gets stuck further out in the lake!

Always the the voice of reason and logic

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    Always the the voice of reason and logic
    Hahaha, well, the same holds true for 2 wheel drive vs 4 wheel drive...get struck further off road!

+1
    where is the link....

10. +1 by:

+1
    When will the 2018's be available at the dealer? I've actually always generally waited until about mid year to buy... but I'm not sure I want to this time.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieMoves View Post
    When will the 2018's be available at the dealer? I've actually always generally waited until about mid year to buy... but I'm not sure I want to this time.
    From past experience, JAN/FEB seems to be about the time southern US dealers receive their first units.

Eddie

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information