Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Let me out of here......I need to go on Greenhulk!
    +1

Any one ride buoys in barnegat bay ?

Curious if anyone sets up buoys in barnegat bay between brick and lighthouse?

+1
    To set up buoys you would want to ask about permit or least inquire about putting them out in the water first .In the Boat Hand Book you can set up for practice for a State Sanctioned race but there are guidelines and limitations.

As we spoke previously in a PM you have CC in NY/CT and Pro Watercross in AC on their tour..
    Jersey Racing consist of 200 posts of Smack talk online and then a 1/4 drag Race then drink beer �� ��

+1
    5 or more need a permit, can't cross/interfere with the channels and can't leave buoys out. As far as the cc races by newa, I may find the time to attend to watch but with my schedule would be tough to race. Not only is it a good amount of work to do right but would think one should practice and be somewhat prepared. I was more interested in placing buoys local just to run to have fun.

As for the "shootouts" at the island house, I get bored with the drag race thing pretty quick. I also don't typically like to mix alcohol and motor sports especially in an area that could technically be a no wake zone. Just asking for trouble.

+1
    Yep drinking other that 1 maybe 2 beers is a no no .I once told a guy if he has one more beer I'm gonna tow his ski and he's gonna back stroke home..

Well we see skiing differently I find CC super boring both doing it and watching it besides the danger of another ski T boning you @60 mph , had a guy accuse me of cutting him off at a buoy in a CC race no ski marshall called a foul ...when your racing around buoys there's no real right of way things are happening fast and your trying to get there first ..

Straight line shoutouts flat water drag race or rough offshore point A to point B.

+1
    Safety was the reason I suggested have 1 person run the course at a time or stagger 2 riders so not bunched up . Could use a stop watch.

Where are you running offshore? I like hitting the ocean but if something goes wrong out there thats a doubly bad spot to be in. Plus fuel is always a concern.

How about a bridge to bridge run? Mantoloking to manahawkin bridge and back. Would have to do it early before the traffic picks up.

+1
    Let's hook up next yr,don't know if you wanna come up a little north like a ride around SI but I'll be in the Barnagat next yr for Shootout and later on so I'll be in touch ,I just winterized so I'm done till a Memorial wknd..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TMiller View Post

How about a bridge to bridge run? Mantoloking to manahawkin bridge and back. Would have to do it early before the traffic picks up.
    Ha ha I just challenged on FB the fastest ski @ Shootout last yr to race from Manotokin br to Seaside br it's like 3-4 miles says he don't like chop... haaa give me a break !

NJ -> MD Jet ski trip fuel mileage champ carguy89's Avatar
    +1
    I've never seen anybody set up buoys in Barnegat. I'm down to join if you do though.

+1
    Will have to see... If it stays fairly warm I may get some and set some them out on a weekend. Going to try east side of the bay right off Berkeley/island beach.

Anyone getting ready to ride in Barnegat bay soon?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information