Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation 2009 Kawasaki Ultra 260LX wont start! Need help!

Hello guys.

As stated my Kawasaki won’t start

I bought it a couple of weeks ago through an auction house.
    While picking it up I asked the guys to start to make engine works and it did.
    I drove it home to Richmond, VA and let it sit for about 2 weeks before I finally bought a trailer for it.

Decided to start the engine when I was moving it from regular trailer to new trailer at James River here in Richmond and it wouldn’t start. Obviously I added gas to it prior (93)

After multiple attempts to start battery indicator finally came on and I could feel the battery died.

Brought it home charged the battery tried to start it again and same thing. Just cranks but won’t start. The closes I ever got to is while it felt like it’s about to start I throttled a little and it picked up but as soon as I release the throttle it shut off. Was able to do it twice and not it doesn’t even do that before buttery died.

Has any of you had this issue or have any advice on what could it be?

Oh and btw I am absolutely new to jet ski’s first time having one.

Thank you in advance for any help!

The other note is the original owner said that it was sitting for about 6 month before I bought it.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    check fuel pressure and flow , sounds like that to me

also new plugs is also a 1st thing todo

I assume when u push the orange key on the dash displays FPO for a short time

Sitting for 6 months is normal for every watercraft .. it's called winter .. the auction had it sitting on a charger so it would start on the day they sold it .. they used the wrong charger on the wrong charge .. they over charged it .. 2 weeks later and now it won't hold a charge .. that's exactly what happens .. 10.4 volts I believe is what it needs to be on a 260 for the sensor to allow it to turn over .. replace that battery .. stop over thinking it .. and don't ask any1 on greenhulk .. they'll have u replacing the prop .. draining the gas and ordering new pistons

+1
    Check for spark, and then fuel. If your questioning the battery, take it and have it load tested or just get a new one and play it safe.
    Dont work the throttle when cranking. The emm is looking for a certain tps voltage when cranking and if your working the throttle, that voltage is different. Could have crap in the tank and have plugged the fuel pickup. Lots of variables. Start with the basics.

6. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ybnvs2 View Post
    Sitting for 6 months is normal for every watercraft .. it's called winter .. the auction had it sitting on a charger so it would start on the day they sold it .. they used the wrong charger on the wrong charge .. they over charged it .. 2 weeks later and now it won't hold a charge .. that's exactly what happens .. 10.4 volts I believe is what it needs to be on a 260 for the sensor to allow it to turn over .. replace that battery .. stop over thinking it .. and don't ask any1 on greenhulk .. they'll have u replacing the prop .. draining the gas and ordering new pistons
    you need to stay off the crack pipe
    there is no start voltage sensor you clown, but as normal you spew out useless verbal diarrhea...

when you say don't listen to GH members we all know you me don't listen to YOU !!!!!!!! Bahahahahaha

no go back and take more meds !

Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    you need to stay off the crack pipe
    there is no start voltage sensor you clown, but as normal you spew out useless verbal diarrhea...

when you say don't listen to GH members we all know you me don't listen to YOU !!!!!!!! Bahahahahaha

no go back and take more meds !
    u have good reason to hate me .. i repeatedly spank u for the fact that ur a trolling GH addict and 4000 posts confirms it .. u target me on every thing i post while u never discuss the post at hand .. this post like all of them proves it .. and i never said "start voltage sensor" .. YOU DID .. u make up everything then create some sort of logic attempting to justify why ur an idiot .. did u mean crank speed sensor ?? of course not bcuz ur entirely too stupid for that .. the sensor that monitors battery voltage is in the ECU .. it seems every1 knows that except u .. but i do lke knowing u follow me around .. tells me i left a scar where ur pride should be .. toodles cupcake .. translation .. cya later buddy

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ybnvs2 View Post
    u have good reason to hate me .. i repeatedly spank u for the fact that ur a trolling GH addict and 4000 posts confirms it .. u target me on every thing i post while u never discuss the post at hand .. this post like all of them proves it .. and i never said "start voltage sensor" .. YOU DID .. u make up everything then create some sort of logic attempting to justify why ur an idiot .. did u mean crank speed sensor ?? of course not bcuz ur entirely too stupid for that .. the sensor that monitors battery voltage is in the ECU .. it seems every1 knows that except u .. but i do lke knowing u follow me around .. tells me i left a scar where ur pride should be .. toodles cupcake .. translation .. cya later buddy
    WTF are you talking about .... Try this one on Cleatus

Go read the schematic on the starter circuit............. ECU or CRANK SPEED SENSOR or what ever YOU made up LOL
    is not in the circuit.....that's why you can crank a ski till the battery falls WAY below optimal voltage...
    But I guess that's WAY about the cleaners pay grade......
    ( reading is the opposite to looking at pictures , just incase mums not home to help you )

Sadly people like you are the ones who post incomprehensible rants of slop with no fact nor reason....

Have a great day a special ED class's today ....I hear they are serving your favorite jello !!!

Waz

Let me out of here......I need to go on Greenhulk!
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdouble View Post
    Hello guys.

As stated my Kawasaki won’t start

I bought it a couple of weeks ago through an auction house.
    While picking it up I asked the guys to start to make engine works and it did.
    I drove it home to Richmond, VA and let it sit for about 2 weeks before I finally bought a trailer for it.

Decided to start the engine when I was moving it from regular trailer to new trailer at James River here in Richmond and it wouldn’t start. Obviously I added gas to it prior (93)

After multiple attempts to start battery indicator finally came on and I could feel the battery died.

Brought it home charged the battery tried to start it again and same thing. Just cranks but won’t start. The closes I ever got to is while it felt like it’s about to start I throttled a little and it picked up but as soon as I release the throttle it shut off. Was able to do it twice and not it doesn’t even do that before buttery died.

Has any of you had this issue or have any advice on what could it be?

Oh and btw I am absolutely new to jet ski’s first time having one.

Thank you in advance for any help!
    Welcome to the Greenhulk and welcome to the wonderful world of watercraft. Not sure on your mechanical skills but that ski could be a tough one to learn on, hopefully you got a good one. That being said easiest thing to do would be to try a known good battery or check the draw down on the battery that is in it while cranking. Did the auction use jumper cables to start it? How long did you leave it on the charger? The battery should last years if properly maintained but if it sits too long without being charged it will go bad. A bad battery may show 12v after a charge but when loaded by starter no juice.

You shouldnt have to run your battery down or overheat the starter to get it to start. If it doesnt start fairly quickly with a good battery in it something not right.

You should also pull the jet pump and check that the bearings are good. This is a known problem area that can cause engine damage if bearings fail.

Yes it does say FPO for a brief period

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information