New to forum need some help!!

I have a 2003 lx210 left motor I give it gas but boat doesn’t move rpm spikes up to 6k but lil movement . Just this afternoon I went ahead and remove the impeler shaft I taught maybe the shaft end the teeth migh be all chew up but nothing it all seems to be ok. I took off the right side one and it looks the same. Seems like on heady load there’s no jet propulsion but on low there is a little bit of movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Polo03lx210 View Post
    I have a 2003 lx210 left motor I give it gas but boat doesn’t move rpm spikes up to 6k but lil movement . Just this afternoon I went ahead and remove the impeler shaft I taught maybe the shaft end the teeth migh be all chew up but nothing it all seems to be ok. I took off the right side one and it looks the same. Seems like on heady load there’s no jet propulsion but on low there is a little bit of movement.
    What motor does it have? I would probably look at PWC part of the forums for answers.

Quote Originally Posted by not2fast View Post
    What motor does it have? I would probably look at PWC part of the forums for answers.
    It has two 135hp jetmotors

2 cycle? What is displacement?

Quote Originally Posted by not2fast View Post
    2 cycle? What is displacement?
    2 engines, 3-Cylinder, 2-Stroke, Water-cooled, Oil injected

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Polo03lx210 View Post

Sounds like cavitation.
    In the boats, I would first check the clean out plugs. If they aren't seated correctly the pressure will all bleed off. Actually, if you gun it, you can have the back hatch blow open with the plugs launching in the air. Not cool.
    After the plugs, you were on the right track for the impellers and pump. Be sure everything is sealed correctly. Since the motor goes to full rpms, you either are cavitating badly, or otherwise, you need to check the intermediate bearings and stuff out.

7. +1 by:

Polo - as Speedling wrote, this is very likely "cavitation". The key will be to determine if the driveshaft is spinning under heavy load/rpm's or not. You can pull off the black cover where the drive shaft goes through the engine compartment and have someone check to see if that is spinning when you crank up RPM"s. If it is, the driveshaft is spinning and this is probably cavitation. This can be caused by something stuck in the impeller, loose or missing caulk/sealant in the jet pump area.

FYI - there are other yamaha jet boat forums where you can get more relevant information related to your jet boat. I also have a similar boat; LS2000 and it has the same engines.

Thread Information